1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

(T79) Upcoming Poll - Diplomacy (Turn 80)

Discussion in 'Team Kazakhstan' started by Sommerswerd, Apr 1, 2009.

1. donsig

donsig Low level intermediary

Not sure what you're asking here, nor do I understand Provo's objections. SANCTA has offered to trade alphabet to Team Cav for metal casting now as long as Team Cav agrees not to trade metal casting to anyone else until turn 100. Team Cav also would have to agree not to build the Colossus. My suggestion was we try to make that deal with SANCTA so we'd get metal casting now. We would have to agree not to trade it away until turn 100 and would also have to agree not to build the colossus. I've no idea if SANCTA would make that deal with us though. :dunno:

2. mikotian

mikotian Warlord

I think we should wait for a little while. Trade something else for MC, and immediately broker it to Saturn.

If Sanc researches Alpha in the mean time, let them. That's 5 turns that they are not researching construction or something more dangerous.

3. donsig

If we trade for MC SANCTA will insist on the same terms they are asking of Team Cav (no trading MC away until turn 100 and a promise not to build colossus). I do not think it would be good to us to break any deals we enter into, even with SANCTA.

4. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

Lets let Cavalieros trade for MC... They can just immediately betray SANCTA and give it to us... What is the harm in that? SANCTA already knows that we are enemies.

5. donsig

Sommerswerd, has it ever occurred to you that Team Cav might not want to betray the deal? I'm fairly confident that Team Cav would honor any deal they signed with SANTA.

6. damnrunner

damnrunner Emperor

Unless they tell us they will betray the deal I think we assume that they will not. That said I am ok with getting MC at turn 100.

My issue is doing the trade at all - not when we get MC.

7. mikotian

mikotian Warlord

what I meant was waiting more like 20 turns, and make a trade based on some other tech than Alpha. Maybe COL, Currency, Calendar, etc. When we get MC, we immediately sell it to Saturn, if we can.

If Sanc sells MC to Saturn in the mean time, we should then try to buy it from Saturn instead of Sanc.

8. Sommerswerd

OK so if this poll is even necessary, it seems like we should be asking if we are willing to let SANCTA have Alpha (at all) for Metal Casting, instead of whether we are willing to let Cavalieros give Alpha to them.

It seems like we are still divided on this... Are we?

9. donsig

Yes, I think we are still divided - but this trade does not seem to be a high priority for SANCTA anyway. Let's focus our attention on suggesting an alternative trade to SANCTA so we get metal casting sooner.

10. Sommerswerd

Have we sent a proposal to SANCTA yet? If not I would say we should probably poll the issue since there seems to be alot of reluctance to offer SANCTA Alpha, which is what they obviously want for Metal Casting.

11. Kaleb

Kaleb Deity

We did send a proposal to SANCTA and are waiting to hear back from them. Let's wait and see what they say.