Tackling Gorgo

Abaxial

Emperor
I expect this has been discussed before, but I can't find it. Does anyone have any suggestions for dealing with Gorgo? It seems to be impossible to take a Spartan city off her unless one wipes her out entirely (and then everyone hates you forever whether they liked Gorgo or not).

I suppose one can capture a city, raze it, and rebuild on the spot, but I'm trying to avoid doing that. I thought maybe if I invaded and pillaged a city enough, it might lose loyalty enough to flip. I captured it and let it revolt, but the free city flipped back to Sparta.

Any ideas? (In future Gorgo is going on the ban list).

You mean because of loyalty pressure?. Unless its done so early game that her cities still have no significant pressure, you might want to delay the war until you have a bunch of cities touching borders with her. Otherwise, monuments, governors, loyalty cards, amenities, golden age...The other options you already mentioned.

I think the issue is she won't make peace deals that involve ceding a city. From what I read on the forums she does die on that "hill" an awful lot.

Top Bottom