Tactical/Strategic Missiles: Something's broke somewhere.

Iceciro

Special Ability: Decimate
So, I've actually gotten a game into the late era, and everyone hates me anyways, so I'm building and dropping nukes - A Bombs are great for range if you can clear a path through fighters, and tactical nukes do nice damage in an area and can sometimes actually clear a city completely. So you can imagine how much I wanted to make use of the IRBM and MRBMs, and once I had the tech I dilligently started to build them - to discover I couldn't move them. Okay, they're missiles, have to be in silos... nope, can't move them to other silos.
Nope, can't move them directly from a coastal city with a silo into a missile sub.
I can put Tactical Nukes into the sub, but that's it.

So I opened up the code for the advanced nukes mod - all of the nukes that don't have global range have the coding set up for them to be placed into subs - SPECIALUNIT_MISSILE as a special tag setup - but every missile except the tactical nuke has the domain DOMAIN_IMMOBILE. Further, this extends even to the American UU version of the tactical missile, the Pershing.

So if this is intended behavior - missiles never leave the silos they're built in - then the base Tactical Nuke is wrong. If it isn't, and follows what you'd expect, then the all of the limited range nukes have the wrong domain and need to be adjusted - particularly so you can load them into Nuclear Subs and ruin someone's day properly. :D

I discovered this in a game myself. I'll set them back to domain air in the next patch.

Top Bottom