1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Tactics and Strategy T130-T150

Discussion in 'Team Kazakhstan' started by Sommerswerd, Sep 24, 2009.

1. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

Well we've crossed the rubicon. I hope this ruins memphus' morning when he wakes up ;) As far as hidden units, I don't think so based on the power graph.

2. damnrunner

damnrunner Emperor

Damn they have a high GNP right now. They will get Mil Trad in 2 turns I bet. That will suck when those knights get upgraded.

3. mikotian

mikotian Warlord

wow that's an impressive economy. Hope we wreck it soon lol..

4. damnrunner

damnrunner Emperor

Any news?

5. Sullla

Sullla Patrician Roman Dictator

FYI, I'm trying to keep an eye on SANCTA in this war effort. They've been lucky so many times that I'm starting to be convinced of foul play as well.

6. damnrunner

damnrunner Emperor

Thank you Sulla. Kaleb has given this the most thought on our team so he woudl be the best person to talk to about how they could be pulling this off.

Cav Scout - any chance you can get another convo in with Sancta? From the general turn discussion forum it sounds like they have some plans regarding Team Cav. I made a few fun posts in the general forum along the lines of "we fear your voodoo." I think it keeps up appearances that we are not cooperating with sancta.

7. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

Logged in to take a look. They evacuated Zero and seem to have attacked CAVs lead stack successfully based on what memphus said in the turn discussion. They also reinforced phoenix with 2 rifles.

8. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

Well if someone has the time I think (haven't conclusively confirmed this) the simple way of gaming the RNG is to set up a test game with the same combat parameters. Attack in the test game and see if you like the results. If they are good you log into the real game and get the same results. If the test results are bad restart civ and engage in a random combat on another spot of the map first before the doing the test combat. There will be different results this time- if favorable log into the real game, if not keep repeating.

9. damnrunner

damnrunner Emperor

I have suspected if it might be possible to do something by keeping “auto complete combat” turned off. I know I am mistaken with the name game option but it is something like that. I know that with this option turned on you see the slow back and forth fighting of units when they engage in combat. Generally, it makes sense to keep the option turned off as it is a waste of time and processing power.

I seem to recall that when this feature is turned on you can see your units final strength (0.0 if it dies) before the battle is over. Could it be possible to initial a battle and then disconnect before it is over?

Thanks for the screen shot. Do we have any intel from Team Cav on what happened. Also we should ask Sancta how the fight went. The more interest we show indicates greater willingness to join them. On our turn we for sure want to raze Zero – but we really need to think the turn though. Once we take the city our culture from Taraz will expand and if we have workers around we could build a road under our troops – which could speed the stacks movement to the next objective.

And what is our next objective. TKY I assume. To either help Cav – or to backstab them. Question is what approach do we want to use? Another option could be to threaten DT. It is a lot riskier as we don’t join forces with Cav, but it has potential to take 2 cities at the same time.

10. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

I sent the screen to Slaze and asked for an update as well as advice on where he wants our stack to move. I didn't fill him in on our talks with SANCTA yet though. We might need to flip at some point and don't want to give away that possibility (although I think right now we are much better off sticking with CAV while stringing SANCTA along).

We have two workers with our stack and I already roaded the tile our troops are on now. We can cut it with a knight if we need to after we move. I'd like to go after Dragon Tears next. But if we immediately head there SANCTA will know we aren't serious about flipping. Also, if CAV got mauled bad they might want/need our help at TKY.

11. mikotian

mikotian Warlord

going for dragon tears is extremely risky and I would lean against it... We don't even have a spy near there and we have no idea what the city garrison or potential reinforcements look like.

Also, we need to get a combat log from Cav... It sounds like Sancta got insanely lucky again.

As for the RNG: to test the odds in a different game, they need to figure out what the RNG seed is. Simply testing the combat in a test game from different tiles won't work, because that game's seed is different from the hosted game's seed. Now, it may be possible to DL the hosted game into a computer, figure out what the seed is, and then you are golden.

12. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

Ok, so we are finally up again. :)

I razed Zero (which they renamed scotland?) with our knight and got 111 gold. I also bombarded Phoenix with our 2 frigates. Here is what I think we should do next:

*Move our stack 1NW to the green circle. Road this tile with our workers. Reinforce it with the razing knight and 6 redcoats and a war elephant from Taraz. This gives our stack 14 redcoats, 8 cannons, 3 knight, 3 pikes, 1 war elephant and 2 workers.

*Move our southern spy up the new road to our northern spy location. Then send the northern spy toward Dragon Tears.

*Draft in Aktau and Atyrau. Hold off on drafting in Petro (fish city) for 2 turns for the barracks to finish.

*Start marshalling Stack #2 in Taraz with all the units moving up. Upgrade the chariot in Taraz to a knight. This would give us 6 redcoats, 5 cannons and 1 knight in Taraz in a couple turns. Plus 2 longbows that stay behind to defend (upgradeable in an emergency).

*Possibly upgrade some more of our ships (galley, trireme) to keep up the Phoenix diversion.

*Possibly move our scout to where zero was and upgrade him to an explorer. Then scout in Sancta lands.

13. donsig

donsig Low level intermediary

The plan looks all right to me.

14. damnrunner

damnrunner Emperor

I think that makes sense, though I am unclear what is meant by Stack #2. As has been said before keep the stack together. :)

The only reason I would propose a different move location would be timing with Team Cav. If they move up as planned will they get to TKY at the same time we do?

Does building the road to move up our spy present any problems as far as facilitating a Sancta counter attack. Also does it give away that we have a spy in the area?

Scout. I would hold it back. Even when upgraded it will be very easy to kill, which just give Sancta exp. If we do move it up I would keep it near our stack and use it as bait.

For the Galley and trireme - lets move them out of Sancta's sight and back to Haz. Also eventually move up frigates to start bombarding the second coastal city beyond Phoenix. This way they need to expect that we have a naval assault planned further up the coast. Any rifles we divert from the front line will be very helpful.

15. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

By stack #2 I mean the trickle of forces that are on their way to Taraz right now. I was going to collect them all at Taraz and send them forward as group. We don't want lone cannons getting picked off by santa knights.

The road won't expose us to any danger and it wont reveal our spy either.

16. damnrunner

damnrunner Emperor

Thanks for the clarification on stack 2. I assumed that was the idea but wanted to make sure.

17. damnrunner

damnrunner Emperor

What is the name of our GP? I have a clever posting for the global forum which will be referencing the coming of the Messiah.

18. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

Ok we are up. We have two move choices for our main stack:

A. 1NW to be able to attack TKY without a river crossing. This could possibly keep up the illusion that we might flip and get SANCTA to leave weakened units in the city instead of falling back to Dragon Tears. But my gut tells me that the remaining SANCTA players won't fall for this.

B. 1N to reduce the defenses with our cannons and let CAV take the city. This would preserve our combat power and put our stack 1 tile closer to Dragon Tears which will be the decisive battle in my opinion.

I think we should go with B.
    -------------------------------------

MS gave us enough gold to get Mil Trad in 5 turns at 100%. Or we could use the cash for naval upgrade or a money reserve.

What should we do with our fleet? Continue demonstrating around Phoenix or send our two frigates up the coast?

Oh and our GP is named Rabbi Akiva- I have him going to build the Confu shrine (not the Jewish one :lol: )

19. donsig

donsig Low level intermediary

Will Team Cav be in position to take the city after we shell it? IIRC they said something about letting us to the heavy lifting on this one. I'm not sure if that means they'll have anything left in the vicinity to attack the city. If they do, then I'm fine with option B.

20. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

Well it will all depend on what SANCTA has garrisoned there when its time to attack. CAV has enough forces to defeat the current garrison and then a bit more. But if SANCTA moves their retreating forces back into the city and does a few upgrades then they will need our help. The recent screens posted in the CAV embassy thread show the details for everyone's forces.