Tactics and Strategy T130-T150

Just a thought but we should also use our frigates to block them from even being able to move their ships into position. They could also just land rifles in our territory which would be difficult to dislodge if they stuck to the hills.

Next turn I assume we cut the roads under each of our stacks with knights and then combine the stacks on the tile SW of DT.

What will the total #s for our combined stack be at that point?

Sancta's options:

Attack our small stack now. They could likely kill it but they would leave wounded units open to a counter attack.

Attack large stack now. I don't think they have enough units to kill it, and their wounded units will be very vulerable to a counter attack.

Attack combined stack next turn. If they have enough units, and enough luck, this could be a very good option for them.

Sit tight in DT. We can probably take the city, but fortified rifles on hills will mean we take some losses. They may pull out their cavalry and use it to counter attack once we take the city.

So its our turn. I think the general consensus is to take the cities. Next issue is what to say to other teams. I would like to say somethign clever and snarky but that will probably just piss off the other teams.

How would this work for a posting in the general fourm:

As you may have noticed there has been a massive shift in power allocation - Sancta has unexpectedly gifted us all of their cities. We understand this is totally unfair, but when a team has a death wish - well we assume other teams would take the same actions.

Anyhow, going forward, there are a few ways to proceed. If there is no will to continue from other teams, we are happy to take the win ;). Otherwise the map is now fairly divided between Cav and Kaz empires. Fighting it out is one option, or we could take aim for the space race. We will potentially want to gift away a few cities, and it will probably be to Saturn's benefit.

It probably makes sense for other teams put in their two cents before we continue.

I dont think we should post anything about it. Let Cavalieros come to us and ask for what they want. Then we are in a better position to dictate terms.

We don't even know for sure that taking SANCTA cities will put us in the lead... Cavalieros is pretty far ahead.

Also, as a reminder... This result was THE WHOLE POINT of the war... Cavalieros already agreed that we would get the SANCTA cities to balance things out between us and them. This was an agreement between Kaz and Cavalieros... MS is not entitled to any explanation, and Saturn is especially not entitled to any explanation.

Have we accepted the cities yet?

My thought on a posting in the global forum was that it could help mollify the reaction from other teams.

I think either way we will act in our team's self interest. Giving away a few cities to Saturn could make sense as they will likely shift into our camp while MS might cuts ties and solely support Team Cav. If we gave a few cities to saturn they could be a stronger and more useful ally. But that is neither here nor there.

Anyhow I think we should post something 1st so that we can better control the discussion and frame it so that it is to our advantage.

However if we do not want peace, the other option is to take cities and back stab Cav immediately. There army right now would be incredibly vulnerable to our cannons and redcoats.

First, I agree we accept the SANCTA cities.

I'm not sure exactly what agreement we made with Team Cav but I'm in general agreement with Sommers. Getting these cities was the whole point of the war. I am also in general agreement with damnrunner that we should say something to the other teams. This is after all not quite the way we expected the war to end. It is quite possible that the other teams may not want to continue the game because of this. I think it's best to make a post in the UN announcing what has happened and simply asking if the others want to continue. Here's my revised version of damnrunner's suggested post:

proposed UN post for after we SANCTA's cities said:
As you may have noticed there has been a massive shift in power allocation - the ninjas have surrendered and given us all of their cities. We understand this is totally unfair, but when a team has a death wish we feel it is best to let them die. We know the remaining teams may not want to continue the game and that, too, is understandable. Therefore we call for a UN vote on whether to continue the game or let it rest in peace.

So, is [civ4] like [civ3] where you can't gift your capital city? If so, then SANCTA will still be in the game technically. Personally, I'd rather eliminate them from the game before voting on whether or not to continue. We might want to take this into account in our UN post. Also, we can phrase our post to encourage the outcome we desire. If we want the game to end then we should be nice and not claim victory. Maybe even suggest a four way draw. If we want everyone to continue playing then we should ask what would be a fair way to distribute the SANCTA spoils.

Do we already have the cities? We would have to take the cities before we posted anything anyway... right?

Yes, we don't want to post anything until we actually have the cities. I don't think we have them just yet. But that gives us time to discuss a possible UN post.

So i logged back in and the offer for the SANCTA cities didn't go through. CAV had also offered us TKY and Chai and that didn't go through either. Getting stuck in Diplo screens in a pause is sure annoying. Anyways, I sent Ronnie1 a PM asking him to redo the deal. I wont let the timer roll without getting the SANCTA cities.

No worries, you were watching the clock and doing the right thing asking for the pause.

Frustratingly, I just got this from Krill:

Krill said:
Just a heads up, we can't send you that offer until we've talked with Saturn. That was just a "heads up". Although expect to see it by the time our turn finishes tbh.

Krill

So now we might not get all their cities after all. I will just continue advancing on Dragon tears until we hear more from SANCTA.

Well Krill just changed his mind and gifted us all their cities minus their capital (which they can't) and 1 city up by Saturn. I offered open borders so they can move all their units into our territory and gift them on their turn. They will then let us take their capital.

Go team! This has been an odd turn of events. The Confu gods are truly strong.

We should probably post a message in the global forum to tamper down mass confusion on other teams.

Top Bottom