Tactics and Strategy T80-90

I do think we need a worker, but we also need to do something about our happiness! Both Aktau and Haz will be at happy cap next turn. There is a warrior in between to help with happiness in one city but the other will need an archer. We also want a Trireme asap as that's main reason we are going for MC right now.

If we do a 2 pop slave and chop on the same turn won't that be a big overflow, some of which will turn to gold?

the worker will stop growth at actau and 2 pop slave will get it below hapiness level again...There is also that spear fro Pavlodar for hapiness in capital.

I do think we need a worker, but we also need to do something about our happiness! Both Aktau and Haz will be at happy cap next turn.

A good reason to finish the Jewish temple. We don't want the hammers we put in to deteriorate. And I thought the Pav spear was needed over in the Syr Darya valley...

Building hammers take 50 turns to start to deteriorate cavscout!

The spear we build for protection against a possible Sancta landing from sea...so we should leave him around capital until we have the tririmes.

The spear will also give one happiness. And indian is right that we do want one near our capitol in case a ship shows up.

We have a 2nd spear on the way at the iron city as well right.

A good reason to finish the Jewish temple. We don't want the hammers we put in to deteriorate.
Can we please :please: build a spy? I almost feel like building the temples instead of a spy is part of the reason we are in this mess in the first place... but that is water under the bridge. For now, can't we get a spy going somewhere?

I logged in to take a look. Advanced the chariot N one tile (he still has a move left).

SANCTA has fallen back. They have 2 axes showing (did they loose the third?) and a new spearman visible (as predicted).

We can either move our chariot NW onto the forested plains hill or go back S. NW would be good to finally get eyes on the barb city. It also looks like a safe move. But SANCTA might be sneaking an axe around the W side of that hill, so it could be less safe than it looks...

Zuurstof is down to 3.2 health - meaning he got attacked by the barb axe and won.

They've fallen back to the spear as our Chariot would have good odds on the axe pair now.

I moved our Chariot W to see the city - Waterstof is right next to us but I forgot he would have healed a turn so he's on 4.2 not 3.9. My bad! :(

Still need to move our two axes and the worker by Atyrau. Are we going to switch to a Spy in Atyrau?

SANCTA have teched Currency and given it to Saturn.

Attachments

• warfront.jpg
    warfront.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 169
No, I knew he was there, I forgot he had a turn without moving though.

It's now odds slightly in his favour rather than slightly in ours :(

SAN will surely take Angle now.

What about my last questions?

move 1 axe to the plains tile west of wheat and the other on the plains hill.

Worker move to other forest to chop again.

and yes switch to spy, we need to send him in there.

Regarding chariot..you knew axe was there but there could have been a second unit now there as well...Sancta are not fools they knew the chariot could move to the hill and that we would be tempted to have a look.....these kind of risky moves with solo units are not leading anywhere..you have to play very conservatively because Sancta know what you are going to do before you do it. I know because it is classic, I have seen all new players in multiplayer warring do it including myself...

the only way we will succeed in combat against them is by surprise or brute force...brute force is unlikely, so to surprise them we must make hidden moves to them, not exposing units that they already know are there.

Arrgh I saw that ambush too... I was hoping we would talk more about the moving the chariot before doing it. Unless we get a RNG break we loose yet another chariot :(

If our chariot goes down then initiative will shift to SANCTA and we will have to go on the defensive.

They might not attack. They don't know what's behind Paris and their axe may not have any support.

Their odds aren't great and an axe is worth more - plus it will take them longer to replenish to the front than for us to do same with a chariot.

SANCTA killed out chariot. Oh and CAV offered us wine (which we already have) so I declined.

Lol I was also thinking that SANCTA could kill our chariot by hiding on grassland behind the hill, waiting for us to move to either the copper or the forest hill. Anyhoo... more water under the bridge.

We now also know that SANCTA did have spears on the way as I warned.

Also, we still have no idea where SANCTA's western border is, so we have no clue how fast they can resupply their lines. Can we please stop saying that we have the advantage (in terms of resupply) because we are closer!? We have no idea whether we are closer! They could very easily be the ones who are actually closer.

We are losing... as Smoke and I said we would, we now have no hope of taking Angle (as Smoke and I also predicted) can we please just stop this ego driven madness and give up on Angle? We are out of position, Chariots are useless against the Spear. And to make matters worse, our ally has deserted us (or is at least trying to avoid helping us). We need a cease fire, to at least get time for some clarification on whether Cavalieros will respect our alliance or not.

We have to at least get a Spy in the valley before making any more forward-moves. No more blind moves that just result in lost units.

What do you hope to gain by making peace? Absolutely nothing changes whether we make peace or not.

Sancta will continue to militarize, and we will continue to militarize. The only difference with making peace right now is that we would have to give something up because we are at a negotiation disadvantage. Sancta cannot stop attacking because they would be squandering their opportunity. In 20 turns, they would be dangerously behind on tech.

Sommers, we have no idea whether Cav has deserted us. We don't know how close their borders are to angle, and we don't know if they are militarizing. They gave us Civil Service, which will be a huge help.

Although we are behind on units, we are NOT losing. Our tech lead is growing, and Sancta's gambit of teching currency as trade fodder has largely failed. Instead, they would have been better off going for the math-construction tree. Unless Sancta has the power to invade our territory in the next 10-15 turns, I think we are in good shape. Not great shape, but good shape. And if Cav will become involved militarily, we would be in great shape.

Losing the chariot was bad. I think we should pull back the two axes and fortify them on our bottleneck city spot. It looks unlikely that we will be able to destroy angle, unless Sancta gets some profoundly unlucky rolls.

Spy should be a very strong priority for us I think.

Top Bottom