Tactics and Strategy Turns 40-50

Looks good so far...lets fortify warriors where they are...lets also check whether gold is connected..if yes we do not need road on mine.
If that river was entirely within our cultural borders we wouldn't need the road, but it isn't so we do...

You can see this for yourself by our demographics screens from this turn and the one before the mine was built. The Approval Rate hasn't changed.

Btw - can we please wait until I get home before ending the turn please? I want to check some more details on the demog screen for intel purposes.

I'll be able to end the turn around 7:30pm GMT - ie. 7 hours from now (we have 10 hours on the clock)

Yes, do as you plan Kaleb, also get the Settings screen as well, some intel there as well.

Demographics screen is of course key.

On working the gold-

Do we just want to work the gold and not worry about switching it each turn to throw off the GNP demographics? I would hate for an error to occur again where we miss out on more beakers. Plus we would be showing strength when we meet the next civ- if they see we are top dog for research they are more likely to want to align with us.

I left Writing on as we want Team Cav to know we are beelining.

Great, we got our reload!! I am not too bothered about hiding the gold, it can make other teams sweat a bit.

All I would try and hid is the fact we are researching a tech with pre-reqs as people can use that to work out what tech we are going for. But I think the further we get away from the start the harder it is to work out what we are teching anyway

There is no reason to let Team Cav know we are working around the GDP. It is a good trick to throw off Team Santa, for example. I see no reason to omit this trick.

Should the scout stay where he is? (assuming the lions dont attack) Or should he move to the forest. The hill is giving + 25% defense, while the forest will give +50%. If the lions do attack him, where should he move to heal? Or should he stay on the hill to heal?

BTW Kaleb Khan:king:, the picture that you posted on the turn log for the current turn is not correct. That picture is from a 1400BC test save.

Are people happy with the following?

Unit Actions
Warrior 1-3 > F
Worker 1&2 > Keep doing what their doing
Work Boat > Keep exploring
Settler > SW
Scout > depends on outcome of combat

Pavlodar > Granary​
[/QUOTE]

...make sure that the boat goes as fast as possible.

And yes, we will keep the workboat going as fast as possible - not like last turn!

Kaleb, looks good. I think we have enough warriors so i'm for the granary.

And here is something to consider- if we do 2 chops at Pavlador we can get the Granary before reaching pop 3. I can't think of a better way to spend those two trees.

if we use the workers for chopping they aren't roading for city4 or building a cottage for Hazrat-e

If we build a granary in Pavlodar it will grow to pop3 on the turn before horse's come online. so we can whip the granary and put the overflow straight into chariot. that's the quickest way I could find to get a chariot built and have a granary. warrior can come after the chariot

if we use the workers for chopping they aren't roading for city4 or building a cottage for Hazrat-e

Well here is what I had in mind: Worker 2 finishes road on gold and then moves to the hill SW of Pavlador and builds another road. Then moves E and chops the forest there. Worker 3 moves SE and chops, then moves SW and farms. Worker 2 helps finish the farm in time for pop 3. Then both workers go hook up the horse.

City 4 still gets founded on time and Pavlador grows to happy cap quickly.
Drawbacks are horse hooked up one turn later and no whipped chariot. So it depends on how soon we want our first chariot.

We still need to agree on the location of city 4, its not carved in stone yet. E, S and W of horse has been mentioned.

Btw, this is a previous test sim I did:

Spoiler :

I was also able to have a worker chopping next to city4 before the city was founded so the chop was done just after the city got built, to help get a monument quick

but we can still do this turn and change production in Pavlo next turn if needed

It is obviously better for development to go granary first in pavlovar, but we have only 1 warrior in horse city location and no fog busting unit beyond that. If our scout dies, I strongly suggest a warrior, so our forest promoted warrior can move further west and fogbust....we donot want to be facing barb archers in a new found city guarded by 1 warrior.

I know it is a bit of overcaution...but we cannnot restart this game...if we screw it we screw it.

I agree we need to be cautious, that's kind of why I think we should whip as soon as the horse is ready, that's quickest way I can think of to get chariot online without totally breaking stride. But let's see what happens to our brave scout.

The round went fast and we are up again. I played a partial turn but didn't finish because I don't know what the plan is for Workers 1 and 3. Everything else is ready to go. See turn log.

Also, do we want to start a new tactics and strategy thread since we are past the turn 50 threshold?

Top Bottom