1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Tactics and Strategy Turns 70-80

Discussion in 'Team Kazakhstan' started by Provolution, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Kaleb

Kaleb Deity

We'll have to put it back to 0% for 2 turns in order for us to tech Literature. But those 3:science: are still gone, sorry.

2. Indiansmoke

Indiansmoke Deity

We need to test slaving the chariot this turn...we need a worker fast from actau so we need to see if slaving chariot, overflowing to worker, then starting temple growing, slaving worker is faster than grwowing size 4 and then slaving chariot.

whatever gives us worker faster we should do...

3. Kaleb

Kaleb Deity

Are we ok with the following?

Turn 81
    Bushir > NE,NE
    Scout > SW
    Warrior 2 > SW
    Partyboat > explore
    Worker team > available worker SW, road
    Worker 4 > chop
    Chariots > heal or kill barbs if they are on cow

4. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

We should slave the chariot now and then let Actau grow for to size 2 again, then slave worker.

Also, we should build another settler in Hazrate after the current one finishes, so that we can either get the Gold/wheat in the W or found another Commerce city in the Syr Darya Valley. We can finish one more settler before its time to build GL.

5. Indiansmoke

Indiansmoke Deity

workers improve corn not road...

Also we need to test the chariot slave..i will not be able to do it today unfortunatelly.

But i guess we can slave next turn..

6. Indiansmoke

Indiansmoke Deity

Another setler in Hazrate?

We need to grow capital finishing granary

7. Kaleb

Kaleb Deity

I don't think Haz should build another settler. We can build the next one in Pavlodar.

I think we should work that corn 1 turn and then road towards the city 6 so we can get iron asap. roading there also means the missionary can get their quicker and the borders expand quicker.

Just to keep things simple for now:

Turn 81
    Bushir > NE,NE
    Scout > SW
    Warrior 2 > SW
    Partyboat > explore
    Worker team > available worker SW, farm corn (1 turn)
    Worker 4 > chop
    Chariots > heal or kill barbs if they are on cow

8. Indiansmoke

Indiansmoke Deity

both workers should be available to farm corn...cottage is 4 worker turns.

My opinion is to finish farming corn and then road..but we have time to discuss this.

BTW gold city should work cottaged flood. (another 3 commerce for Kazakstan :D)

9. Kaleb

Kaleb Deity

Cottage on a FP is 5 turns. And yes, we'll work cottage, that's a given :)

10. Sommerswerd

If we build next settler in Pavlodar when will we build it? Right after warrior? I know alot of folks want a missionary to go to spread Judaism to Aktau, but Aktau (pop 2, pop 1 after chariot slaving) is not large enough to run 2 priests yet, let alone 2.

Also, we can not even run priests until there is a temple, so we should at least wait for Aktau to build the Confu temple before spreading Judaism there. I think we should start the settler in Pavlodar as soon as warrior finishes... if we are not going to build the setter in Hazrate.

11. damnrunner

damnrunner Emperor

How long will it take to build a settler and missionary in pav?

12. Kaleb

Kaleb Deity

I've been testing several variations on this up to turn 100. Come Thurs evening I should be able to post up the best results.

Turn after next we switch to mon and OR. Miss will be done 1 turn after that. Next build can be an Axe IIRC. I would do settler after that.

We want jewish mish ready for when actau has finished chariot, worker and conf temple in that order. Aktau can grow very quickly to pop 6 and by then running 2 priests will be good.

We do want a missionary from pav for city 6 to pop border and get bonus hammer. Once it can access the fish it will be able a much more useful city.

13. Indiansmoke

Indiansmoke Deity

guys...we want workers...at least 3-4 more workers before we go settler...getting another city and leaving more unimproved land is tottaly wrong.

We have to make 3 cottages in capital (on the forests), mine in capital, chop and some cotagges in catau, improve wine, improve cow, farm flood, cottage gold city and improve hills, improve Pavlodar....and all that need to be done asap...we need workers, we are seriously low on workers atm.

14. Kaleb

Kaleb Deity

I agree we need more workers, I'm just not sure how many yet. I'll try and do some test to see how we can keep up with city growth. I don't like having cities working unimproved tiles.

15. Kaleb

Kaleb Deity

How's this?

Turn 82
    Bushir > NE,NE again?
    Scout > SW,N (if no barb visible)
    Warrior 2 > W
    Partyboat > explore
    Worker team > road corn
    Worker 4 > chopping
    Settler > move to city 6 spot
    New warrior > move to Aktau
    Ben Hur > heal (on same tile as medic chariot)
    Medic Chariot > wait
    Other chariot > keep promotion. return to Oskemen
    Cities > REVOLUTION! OR and Monarchy

(nb Ben Hur is on 8 exp so if he can attack and kill another barb he'll be able to take Sentry promotion, depending on barb movement it may be good to attack)

16. Sommerswerd

This all sounds good except for the Conf missionary, just because I would like to see if religion will spread to city 6 naturally, but I guess it is not a big deal if we are building Axe then a settler in Pavlodar after missionary... I strongly agree with both of those build chioces.

One question, will we start the settler if Iron is not yet ready and then switch to Axe once the iron is hooked up?

As for workers... if we can get the worker train deal with Cavalieros, we wont have to worry about building workers anymore since we will get two new workers every 13 turns.:)

All the turn actions for turn 82 sound fine to me BTW... how many turns until tech slider goes back up?

17. Indiansmoke

Indiansmoke Deity

I repeat that we need more workers now not another settler right away!

18. Indiansmoke

Indiansmoke Deity

workers farm corn not road..man..why you insist on roading the corn? We need to farm it so the city will grow (ie switch to corn once it is done)..we can road after..we got time till settler comes from capital...no point in roading now...we will get iron 1 turn later..so what?

Also actau whip chariot this turn and Pavlodar build missionary not warrior.

19. Sommerswerd

OK... umm... then well I repeat that I like :king:'s plan to build Axe and then Settler... And I also repeat that we will be flush with workers if we do the worker train deal...

Oh and while I'm repeating... I repeat that I love to argue back and forth ad nauseum, repeating arguments I have already repeated.:lol:

20. Indiansmoke

Indiansmoke Deity

You should stop repeating then and pay some attention....you might learn something ;)