Tactics

This is civ 5 right? cos I took down a massive AI with 3 artillery a handful of riflemen/infantry and a city- you make a ring of artillery around the city, then make a ring of soldiers around the ring of guns, and you can blast the enemy to pieces because they can't destroy your soldiers in one turn and get massacred on the next

PS the city is because i tend to plan invasions from my cities- the AI attacks with all their soldiers, you blast them from your city-fort, and steal their cities- if you enemy has lots of soldiers plan a defense like mine
PPS anti aircraft guns on the other side of the city are good when your enemy gets bombers

This is civ 5 right? cos I took down a massive AI with 3 artillery a handful of riflemen/infantry and a city- you make a ring of artillery around the city, then make a ring of soldiers around the ring of guns, and you can blast the enemy to pieces because they can't destroy your soldiers in one turn and get massacred on the next

What level is this? On Immortal, my experience has been the more guns you have the more efficient and faster you'll breakthrough the runaway before it gets powerful stuff

For later game this is my general setup:
4-5 Artillery/Rocket Artillery
3-5 Tank/Panzer/Modern Armor
3-5 Bomber/Stealth Bomber
3-5 Fighter/Zero/Jet Fighter
1-2 Cruiser
3-5 Destroyers/Battleships

When you are into the aluminum era scrap your destroyers and build battleships and submarines instead (cruisers hate subs)

I love submarines. If you can find the route the AI is taking with its fleet and resupply transports, then plant a couple of subs in that location and enjoy.

I love subs too. Invisible, able to go under ice, their great. If you get chased by destroyers you can just hide underneath ice and they cant hurt you. I like putting them round the coast because you can slaughter embarked soldiers before they can do anything

When I fight I use a city hopping technic-If you can steal their strategic resources then they get a penalty with units that use that resource like oil and tanks and aluminum with modern armor- then use that to take the other cities that cant use units to defend themselves

Top Bottom