Take-Two Experiences Some Financial Success in 3Q

Ginger_Ale

Lurker
Retired Moderator
Take-Two Interactive, the current publisher of the Civilization series, released its third quarter financial results on Thursday for the three months leading up until July 31st. They were able to report a net income of about $52 million, in contrast to one year ago when they lost money. Of particular note is Take-Two's success overseas from the United States, as international sales provided almost half of their revenue. Here is a quote from the CNN Money news article:
The results topped Wall Street's expectations, and the company raised its fiscal-year guidance while cutting its fiscal fourth-quarter earnings prediction, mostly because of a two-week delay in releasing its "Midnight Club: Los Angeles" game.

"Take-Two's exceptionally robust third-quarter results reflected our continuing efforts to build a diverse roster of outstanding entertainment software brands, supported by an increasingly productive and efficient business organization," said Chairman Strauss Zelnick.

>> Read more about Take-Two's third quarter results

Well, this sounds like good news. If they are finally making money instead of losing it, that means they may not want to sell the company at EA's next offer.

We europeans love Civ! Please give us more! :D

I think that GTA IV played a big part in this success, though it was released a few days before the quarter started. Anyway, this is good news, because, as noted before in this thread, this can play a crucial part in Civilization not getting to EA.

I don't think these results were nearly as great as Take-Two wants to make them out to be. They just released Grand Theft Auto, and still barely managed to turn a profit! Not exactly a stellar performance.

Mark my words: as soon as Take-Two can't rely on their mega cash cow (ie, this quarter) their profits are going to drop like a stone.

I hope they crash and burn, so we can get something better than we are getting now.

crash and burn into the slash and burn hands of EA?

When EA takes over a company, they fire most of the people working there and replace them with their minions. This means lots of creative people at Firaxis would be fired, drastically lowering the game's quality. They also "dumb down" game so they are "accesibble to everyone", which means civ 5 would be a lot like civrev.

When EA takes over a company, they fire most of the people working there and replace them with their minions. This means lots of creative people at Firaxis would be fired, drastically lowering the game's quality. They also "dumb down" game so they are "accesibble to everyone", which means civ 5 would be a lot like civrev.

God forbid!

Then we would have to count on companies like stardock to make a new civ-game with soul.... calling it something else then Civilization of course.

Top Bottom