Take Two for sale?

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
Facing shareholder revolt, Take Two Interactive today announced it has postponed its annual shareholder meeting scheduled for March 23, 2007 until March 29, 2007, and that it's considering new corporate strategies, including the sale of the company.

According to a column on CNN Money, potential buyers may include Activision, Ubisoft, Elevation Partners (venture capital group who owns Bioware and Pandemic), and Rupert Murdoch's News Corp.

Shares of Take-Two (TTWO) rose more than 8% to $22.61 from its Friday close at $20.85 following the company's announcement.

Heh.....

We should all buy a couple shares of Take Two Interactive. Then we could demand the features we want in the game as we would be owners. :p

That's how you deal with customer service people who don't want to be helpful. It's amazing how helpful they get when you tell them you are an owner and if they don't fix whatever is wrong you will speak at the share holders meeting about it. Stock prices always seem to work well as leverage.

More on topic though, hopefully Take Two Interactive can get past this and the big-wigs will stop breaking the law.

being taken by any company except for EA is ok ,ithink.
i just dont like the idea of getting crazy number of civ spinoff as EA does with SIM.:p

Note that the day the shareholder's meeting will now take place is the day the trailer for GTA4 will be released. Maybe they are hoping for public support?

Agreed, if EA were to buy firaxis i think in a short period of time we would see the civ we love so much torn apart and marketed to death. Sim City was ruined by EA, Command and Conquer was raped, etc etc. What do we have in place of the old titles they bought the companies for? Simcity is now back seat to The Sims, and C&C is now backseat to C&C generals (a blizz rts clone). The list goes on forever...

These are the scary moments for a gamer of consience, especially because I have a personal boycott of EA that I have not broken in the 3 years since i started it. If civ goes to EA, I'd have to say good bye to civ. :eek: :eek: :eek:

EDIT: Everyone at Civ Fanatics should band together and buy the Civ rights if they sell. :goodjob: These are the moments when a good deal can be had, I think legitimate discussion should be had by everyone interested enough.

I can see it now! "the Civ foundation" a not-for profit organization which holds all of the licenses, and releases all of the Civ source under the GPL!!!

Nice idea about buying it, but one of the scenarios being run out there is that Take2 wil sell off the unprofitable game houses and their libraries.
It is unlikely that Firaxis and the cash cow Civ series will go on the block, unless Take2 is sold in entirety.
BTW, you would have to pony up many millions to buy the Civ series rights.
Can't see 100,000 people tossing in 100 to 1000 bucks apiece to buy the series.

Ah, certainly it is a pie in the sky idea. But would you pony up 100 bucks for the effort if it meant that one of your favorite games would be in the hands of the players and fans? I know I would in a heartbeat, the only thing I would ask, is that I have some sort of stake in the foundation for my efforts. I'm certain you would too, so what is that leave us at? only 99,998 people to go :D ;)

Isn't it always a "nice idea" that begins something?

Ah, certainly it is a pie in the sky idea. But would you pony up 100 bucks for the effort if it meant that one of your favorite games would be in the hands of the players and fans? I know I would in a heartbeat, the only thing I would ask, is that I have some sort of stake in the foundation for my efforts. I'm certain you would too, so what is that leave us at? only 99,998 people to go :D ;)

Isn't it always a "nice idea" that begins something?

Well, it would be nice, but then again, having 100,000 equal stakeholders in something = chaos. Democracy does have its limits.
That being said, TakeTwo has essentially released Civ IV code already.

Top Bottom