1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Take-Two Supports Switch Version In The Future

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Nintendo Switch' started by fantsu, Feb 6, 2019.

1. fantsu

fantsu Chieftain

Expansions are coming. Thats nice. :)
    CEO Strauss Zelnick:

“We felt good about the platform and we put the titles on Switch that we felt were going to perform well. We are excited about continuing to support the Switch for the right kind of properties.”

Now lets see if they are physical also, or just digital.

King Tyranny and Boccages like this.
  2. OmegaDestroyer

OmegaDestroyer Chieftain

Here is the Nintendo Life article

What I find disheartening is no mention of Rise & Fall being released for the Switch. Seems like it would be a no-brainer if it sold so well.

Boccages likes this.
  3. AtlantisAuthor

AtlantisAuthor Chieftain

@fantsu,

Be mindful of the wording used there. From what I read he never mentioned future support for Civ VI specifically. Here's hoping they do add the expansions, though; everyone here would readily support them.

4. AtlantisAuthor

AtlantisAuthor Chieftain

According to an article published today on Nintendo Life, Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick said that sales for Civilization VI for Switch "significantly exceeded expectations". He went on to make the following remark: "We felt good about the platform and we put the titles on Switch that we felt were going to perform well. We are excited about continuing to support the Switch for the right kind of properties."

Touting positive sales figures is great and all, but I really, REALLY wish they'd taken the time to address the questions on people's minds who voted with their wallets and supported Civ VI on the Switch. Will there be any future support for the game such as the Rise & Fall or Gathering Storm expansions? Will (or can) hotseat local multiplayer ever be added? Overall it's a superb port, but frankly it feels rather...vanilla right now compared to the Steam version.

Answering questions like this and communicating their long-term intentions and level of commitment is absolutely critical for a publisher whether they realize it or not, especially when it comes to test bed IPs whose release is meant to gauge long-term consumer interest in a particular series/genre on a given platform. I'm certain the hope of adding the expansions and more features down the line played at least some part in many folks' decision to take the monetary risk to support Civ VI on Switch. Whether Firaxis/Take-Two are planning to offer further support for the Switch version or have already moved on from it is something they should be open about, otherwise those same consumers may be reluctant to do the same for future titles.

King Tyranny, Boccages and conorbebe like this.
  5. Boccages

Boccages Chieftain

Yeah ! I really hope Take Two and Aspyr continu supporting Civilization VI on Nintendo Switch with updates and expansion packs. But they way the sentence was coined is Take-Two saying : Ah ! We are going to continue supporting the Nintendo Switch console (meaning more games, not updates on Civilization VI for Nintendo Switch).

Note to Aspyr : if you are going to put a version of Civilization VI out there on Switch and it sells very well, please consider updating the game with more content (easily ported from the PC version) and quash bugs.

King Tyranny likes this.
  6. King Tyranny

King Tyranny Chieftain

I really do hope they continue to support Civ 6 as it being my most played game in the past few months. I’m already over 400+ hours in the game and it does feel vanilla and a bit bland. I’m not saying I ain’t enjoying it however it would be nice to see some updates and patches as well as more DLC. Already pick up both packs in the eshop so I voted with my wallet so let’s just hope they see this, take note and consider adding Rise and Fall and GS at a later date.

Boccages likes this.