Takes some getting used to..

Echo of Celts

Just Plain Crazy
I played my first game with revolutions tonight... didn't last long. I thought I was doing well, but made the mistake of founding Christianity after I founded Judaism. My Christian Holy City rose up and took my Capital, the Jewish Holy City with it! I attempted to fight off the rebellion and lost, leaving me with my pitly 3rd City... Portugal, the Rebels, then coverted back to Judaism and conquered my third city.

I think the hardest part of the mod is the micromanaging your cities so that they don't get any unhappy faces. If you're able to keep all of your cities from having more unhappy faces than happy ones, usually it's a lot easier to keep control of the problem cities like another holy city. In the last game I played, I founded both Judaism and Christianity in separate cities, but once I sent a missionary and spread Judaism (my state religion) to the Christian holy city it got pretty stable and I haven't had any problems with revolts there.

Spreading state religion is definitely more important with this mod, as is watching the revolt status of your cities and taking pre-emptive action. Founding multiple religions can definitely be done, but it's no longer the simple positive it was before.

Anyway, glad you tried out the mod and hope you'll stick with to learn how to play inside the new rules.

Actually, I love it, adds so much more dimension to the game.

Started a new game.

Huge Map, Hemishperes, 4 Continents, 12 Civs, Prince, Marathon Speed

Started off good, Myself (Maya), Ottomans and Celts share a continent.

Here are some Highlights,

First Continent (Mine)

- 4 Early religions all founded on this continent (2 by me, 2 by Celts)
- Celts Capitulate to me in an 1000 ad war. I liberate all their captured cities to avoid revolts.
- We invade and burn half of the Ottomans, celts and us split the territory... this leads to many many revolts by the Persian Rebels.. in both mine and Celt territory, I use force to put down the revolts.
-Almost consider liberating the 3 revolting cities to the persians due to the constant fighting, however, it turns out the only 2 Oil deposits in my land are within those 3 cities.
-We ready to invade Ottomans to put an end to the revolts.
-Massive Persian uprising in both my territory and Celt territory, forces my army to pull back from Ottoman border, Minor losses on my part, but the invasion has to be postponed to allow troops to recover.
-We invade Ottomans, strike quickly. 1 of our cities Revolts and Rebels join the Ottoman forces.
-Ottomans fall, Continent in is full Mayan control, between myself and my vassal.

2nd Continent (English, Germans, French, yes that was random)

- England and Germany grow into large empires, 2 German cities have split off and formed 1 City states, Vikings and Dutch.
- French split early on, Paris and Orleans breaking away to form the Mali.
- Arabians form from Barbarians, grow to rival the French and Mali but not the English or German.
- Recently, Paris revolted again, this time from the Mali and formed the 1 City State of Mongolia.

3rd Continent (Native America, Byzantine, Babylonians)

- Early on Babylon revolts and forms the Greeks, part of Byzantine revolts and forms Holy Romans.
- Romans rise up and replace the Greeks, found Rome, grow bigger than Babylon.
- Native America grows into a large, island chain spanning empire.
- Romans and Babylonians combine back into Babylon.
- Northern native America revolts, granted independence as America
- Greeks reform out of Native America.
- Incans form out of Native America, later rejoin native America.
- 3 Native American cities split off as the Aztecs
- Carthage forms out of Native America as a 1 City State
- Holy Romans rise as rebels in Native America heartlands, take 4 largest Native American cities.
- Romans rise again, forming a one city state from Babylon
- At this point Native America is has fractured into 6 seperate states.

4th Continent - Ended up being a large Island Chain (Ethiopia, Egypt, Spain)

- Spain ends up separated by Ocean, leading to isolated development
- Egypt forms large island hopping empire
- Sumerians split off from Egypt.
- Ethiopia invades Sumeria, takes one city.
- China Splits off from Egypt taking 3 Cities.
- Korea forms 1 City state from Sumeria
- Former Sumerian City conquered by Ethiopia splits off and forms 1 city state of Japan.
- 3 Egyptian Cities split off and form India.

And it is only the late 1800's !! This mod makes the game so much more interesting. Religion means so much more. Culture means so much more. You can't just take a portion of a rival empire without having to deal with the rebels. Large island spanning empires fracture, like Native America and Egypt in my game. I have maintained my Empires size by brute force, smashing any rebellions in mine or Celtic territory.

The game started with 12 Civs and now there are 27!

I merged this with JK's Next War mod, and I can only imagine the chaos when we have Assault Mechs roaming the battle field.

Kudos on a great Mod. Makes the game so much better.

Yeah, this mod is harder to play, but that much more satisfying because of it! Micromanagement with your empire is fun, but my favourite past time with this mod is exploiting unstable civs and power vacuums. Thanks for making my addiction to Civ4 completely unshakable! :p

Was wondering if u had that merge of Rev/Next war?

I am pretty new to modding did it years ago with Civ2 but stopped when Civ changed to python and all.

Have u got the merged mod uploaded? I'd lvoe to try it.

~ Also how easy is it to get other civ mod(ules) to work with Revolution. I have recntly downlaoded the Nazi Germany 1, Israel, Iraq and Korea and would like to apply them into this Rev mod.

Any help be greatful.

Adding new civs should be very straightforward. You should be able to simply add them like you would normally, you don't even have to put them inside the Revolution mod folder if you don't want to. There shouldn't be any collisions when putting in a new civ or unit info file or any art that comes with them.

Hmmm

Yeah I thought it would be straight forward but after extracting the new civs into my Rev folder, than mods directory than custom assets folder and everytime the game not finding the new civ.

Not sure what I've done wrong tried Shift(cache) and tried the modular Load thing.

Only thing is maybe Vista is causing problems. I'm a lil bemused shud be easy.

I think the hardest part of the mod is the micromanaging your cities so that they don't get any unhappy faces.

I always merge in Civ4lerts. (More specifically, I ask jdog5000 how to merge in Civ4lerts. :) )

There are a few options, the important one being a message generated the turn before a city will grow and get an unhappy face. You still need to micromanage the cities to avoid getting Unhappy faces, of course, but at least you aren't uncertain about when a city needs some micro.

I always merge in Civ4lerts. (More specifically, I ask jdog5000 how to merge in Civ4lerts. :) )

There are a few options, the important one being a message generated the turn before a city will grow and get an unhappy face. You still need to micromanage the cities to avoid getting Unhappy faces, of course, but at least you aren't uncertain about when a city needs some micro.

Bah, i just switch to hereditary rule and spam soldiers in my cities. Getting at least +10 "the military forces impress us".

Though when the AI build the United Nations and wants to have universal suffrage and i defy the resulotion 3 or 4 tiems i get a 20 sad faces "the world consider you a villian"
That is when my empire start falling.;)

Top Bottom