1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Taking out planes at an aerodrom/airpots

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by TheTr00per, Sep 30, 2017.

1. crashume

crashume Chieftain

Ive been playing on the hardest level this month. Currently chasing a domination win but time will run out.
    Luckily for me the AI doesnt seem to go for the jugular. All of the remaining unconquered Civs have a better military score than me but despite the denunciations theres been no wars declared on me.
    I rebased a fighter that appeared to be left at sea too. Reading above it seems the aircraft thing is pretty buggy.
    Love the game but I think this will be my last game for the foreseeable future because....time!

2. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Chieftain

Respect for your real life experiences. I wish the in-game version was a bit more useful, especially the airplane capacity being tied to promotions on a ship you typically want to keep out of combat is annoying.
    Maybe I should try some time to focus hard on generating admirals and pick and save all the ones that give free promotions.
    Or use a carrier to capture cities instead of a destroyer. Hmmmm, could even forgo battleships and just use the bombers...

3. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

Yeah it helps if you have the natural wonder in the game that gives promotions to naval units. Though on Earth maps the natural wonder is in an awkward place and takes a lot of time to get there and get somewhere useful- like the Pacific. :) On the other hand, allowing bombers on carriers improves their usefulness over Civ5. Not the most realistic, but it does improve the usefulness as I've said.

4. Anubis2

Anubis2 Chieftain

So you never got an answer. What are the ways to destroy enemy aircraft when they are stationed on their own base? Bomb the base?