1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

talkin' 'bout a revolution

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game IV: Polls' started by 1889, Oct 10, 2008.

?

Do you want a revolution?

1. Yes, I want a revolution.

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  2. No, I don't want a revolution.

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  3. I abstain

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. 1889

1889 Mayor of H-Marker Lake

I call for a revolution so that we can change government civics and elect a new prime faction to remove the representative system.

2. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

Um, Unless you didn't realize, already attempted less then a week ago. This poll is no longer Valid. Although I am all for Revolt!

3. 1889

I thought we could vote for rebellion at any time. Thats why they call it rebellion right?

4. thecommonnate

thecommonnate Theocrat

Aside from what I think is the best way for organizing this forum, I would like to continue playing under the faction.

5. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

Viva la Free States!

6. Cyc

You tell me that it's evolution,
    Well, you know
    We all want to change the world.
    ;)

7. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Why can't we just revolt! We keep having these random bursts of activity, and then, everyone is gone! Worst of all, roleplay took a divebomb. So, I hate to agree with Provo ;), why can't we give up Reprentation and have a dictatorship for once!

8. Cyc

VW, next time just start a game called the CIV Dictator Game. That way, people will know what the game will be like from the begining. Good luck with that one.

But please don't use the word Democracy. The Democracy Game needs to cling to it's integrity.

9. 1889

I'm certainly not proposing a dictatorship. If you think participation is low now see how many people hang around just to take orders from someone. The representative system set by Lord Civius would work fine if we had a few more hard core players, but evidently most people are more casual. While it doesn’t take much effort to pick a city to reside in and propose stuff to your state rep most it looks like many people don't want to take to time to understand the system or don't want to bother with that anyway. Most players just want to share their input and maybe pick up some tips to improve their game. Politics is evidently not the major motivation for most players here. So let’s get this one last revolution out of the way and play some civ.

10. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

Sorry about the Tyraid. I was just pissed off by RL. I was fine with Rep. But, never the less, one final revolution would be great.

11. thecommonnate

thecommonnate Theocrat

I wouldn't like to see opposition end either, but I would like to continue with the Federation a while longer.

I would agree with 1889 that the Republic is not the best way to manage this government, as every active person here understands the current events of the game.

However I find it fun to experiment, and the Federation, the Cycles, and the Arkadian Dynasty have all done that for me. Sooner or later I will hope that another form of government will grace Arentania with its presence; now just wasn't the time for me.

12. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

I abstain.

13. 1889

I'm supprised that so many people are happy with the Federation but encourage that we still have at least 12 players. Anyway after a week I think its time to close this thread.

14. Furiey

Furiey No Longer Just Lurking

Agreed, shouldn't it have had a time limit on it?

15. Vandal Warlord

Vandal Warlord Nazgûl

Yeah, I guess.

16. Gnoman Empire

Gnoman Empire Chieftain

Haha! I finally got on! It is now tied up with 6 to 6! I think Diamondeye has to be the Final descider.

17. Diamondeye

If I am to be the final decider despite my earlier abstain, my vote would be no, I don't want a revolution. Can we get the game moving instead of this mumbo-jumbo?

18. 1889

I don't know can[i/] you get the game moving again? Three TC’s have been postponed in the last two weeks, orders are sparse and we have no strategy.

Clicking one of three poll options shouldn't interfere too much with game play but feeling like you have no way of effectively contributing to the game due to the government structure just might.

19. Diamondeye

"Fidibus" (sp?) won't move the game foward...

20. Cyc

Well, after eight days, let's officially close this poll. Let's also see if we can get 13 regulars posting in the Roll Call poll.