1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Talking with the other world.--Team Saturn

Discussion in 'Team Kazakhstan' started by Jimmy369, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Jimmy369

Jimmy369 Warlord

This is where we can discuss how we plan to diplomatically backstab Team Saturn.

2. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

THE CAST

Team Saturn

1. Joshua368
    2. pauluslupus
    3. NeverSurrender
    4. cIV_khanh93
    5. Dux_
    6. johnle43
    7. EmperorSnefix
    8. Toch
    9. el toro loco
    10. ForeverNow
    11. kkwisper
    12. madrigal
    13. johnle43
    14. Lord Parkin
    15. plako
    16. Hercules90
    17. LordAdmiral
    18. Vandal Warlord
    19. DMOC
    20. Duke Blackstone
    21. Scuum

3. Provolution

Saturn (Team 2):

Darius of Persia

Immortals, Can withdraw from combat and + 50 % vs archers,
    Apothecary, Grocer, with 2 added health.
    Organized and Financial
    Starting tech: Agriculture and Hunting

First researched tech, fishing, suggests ocean nearby.

4. Provolution

I would rank this as the least dangerous team of our adversaries.

5. Bolkonski

Bolkonski Prince Bolkonsky

From a military POV this civilization is our next biggest threat after the Mayans if they are our neighbours. How succesful they are will depend on whether or not they have someone who is capable of going for the jugular.

6. Jimmy369

Jimmy369 Warlord

I agree with Bolkonski here. They are going to try to get a early conquest because their traits will loose out in the end game. If they don't conquer someone early, they need to get onto a teamin order to do anything.

7. Provolution

I am stating this ranking based on the names, not the UU.

8. Bolkonski

Bolkonski Prince Bolkonsky

Yes, I realise that. I see you have a large number of posts. Do you know most of the team members? If so, perhaps you could give us a run down on the major players and their likely strategies.

I don't know many at all but I find it hard to believe that there are not at least some who know how to use an UU to maximal effectiveness in the Ancient Era. In other games I have seen players eliminated through failure to properly defend themselves.

9. Indiansmoke

Indiansmoke Deity

?

they have the 2 strongest late game traits...how did you come to that conclusion?

10. Provolution

When I get more time, I will tell the stories of a few key players. Even though a new player has a superior Civ4 skill, it does not really matter, if he/she cannot maneuver the majority of the group into the planning dynamic. Santa and Saturn are teams where they have played together before, of which Santa is the most unified, in terms of seeing the same names bundled together again.

11. Indiansmoke

Indiansmoke Deity

Ok team Saturn are the first to get a tech according to civstats.

It am pretty positive it is fishing they got as it is the only tech they could get in this timweframe.....so we can conclude with relative safety that:

1. they are coastal with seafood
    2. They propably went warrior first...which makes sense since they started with scout

12. Kaleb

Kaleb Deity

I agree with smokes - and I think they picked this leader for the traits in order to be powerful in the late game. The UB is handy and I highly doubt they were too bothered about their UU. By the time they engage anyone this won't be a factor, it's main usefulness will be as a barb counter.

you're probably right about 1. how do you know for sure? I'm not 100% clued up on how the points works.

13. Indiansmoke

Indiansmoke Deity

I believe it is a tech that increased their score because they could not have grown to size 2 so fast. It takes 8 turns by working a 3food tile..

and the only tech tehy could have teched so fast is fishing

14. Jimmy369

Jimmy369 Warlord

I could be wrong here, but doesn't organized need a larger empire or higher cost civics to really pay for the advantages that some of the other traits give in the early part of the game. Regardless, they will try an early attack to achieve their big empire while running the higher cost military civics.

15. tariqari

tariqari Warlord

I wish I could contribute something but I've got nothing on any of these teams.

16. Indiansmoke

Indiansmoke Deity

Yes organized kicks in later in the game when your empire is bigger...now why you conclude from their organized trait that they will attack early...... that I cannot understand.

17. Provolution

It is also key to see what buildings are produced double as fast by the traits, that is quite important.

18. Jimmy369

Jimmy369 Warlord

In order to get a large empire the easiest way is to attack early and make a nearby enemy completely yours. That way you have your section of the map and about 50-75% of the person you attacked's territory. This will let you make the most use of the organized trait early. When I play organized, I always try to get a very large empire as quickly as I can. By early I also mean either swordsmen or macemen, if not earlier. They will also want to make use of their UU. This is all speculation though and could mean absolutely nothing.

19. Provolution

I agree that they may have this sentiment, but with multiple blocking ranges, I suspect the Carracks and East Indiamen to be more important than immortals.

20. Jimmy369

Jimmy369 Warlord

That is probably true since this is not a completely random map.