Tall Or Wide? Why Not Both? Also OPness of Rice and Stepwell.

GKShaman

Prince
Some Snapshots of India after a Turn 404 or so Culture Victory (Science Victory was following up). I played on Prince since I didn't know what the heck to do. I usually play Deity on Civ5.

I found the late game to be tedious. I also found I could keep building cities. Like the AI doesn't even get mad about that lol. No Penalties. So I just let my people go.

Also Stepwell with Rice or Wheat - that's gonna be an amazing city...

Too cramped of a City with multiple districts? Look at Mysore. Great City, but starving at Pop 17. Build carefully people.

Attachments

• Bangalore.PNG
    Bangalore.PNG
    698.1 KB · Views: 285
  • calcutta.PNG
    calcutta.PNG
    2.2 MB · Views: 466
  • CapitalversusNewCity.PNG
    CapitalversusNewCity.PNG
    2 MB · Views: 309
  • culture victory.PNG
    culture victory.PNG
    497.5 KB · Views: 198
  • mumbai.PNG
    mumbai.PNG
    2.7 MB · Views: 292
  • mysore.PNG
    mysore.PNG
    2.4 MB · Views: 302
  • Patna.PNG
    Patna.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 354
  • SRINAGAR.PNG
    SRINAGAR.PNG
    1.7 MB · Views: 200
  • Trivandrum.PNG
    Trivandrum.PNG
    2.2 MB · Views: 214
sorry to burst your bubble.. but 6 or 7 food per tile endgame is very common... if you cluster your districts (which you should), you also cluster your farms... having 6 to 8 contigious farms makes for a hell of a lot food per farm... it's the way end game plays when industrial zones give the production and not the terrain anymore which is used for food solely...

Yep, Stepwells are amazing early because they're wholly superior to Farms (+.5 housing and +1 food and +1 faith if in the right spots) but they become less useful with Feudalism and once the Replacable Parts adjacency bonus and Neighborhoods come into play they're mostly irrelevant. Though I didn't realize you could build them on Tundra, so that's something I guess.

stepwell is horsehocky late game i think it needs to get some bonuses late game like extra housing and better adjacency bonuses and early game ,india is already pretty weak

Once neighborhoods are introduced the stepwell do need a buff. Otherwise early the faith and food and housing are solid for India. The varu is great and with the UA it's a nice +10 faith per turn easily.

However he follows beliefs part seem confusing. You can only have a pagoda or mosque in a district. If your own religion has one of them you can't build the other from another religion.

Once neighborhoods are introduced the stepwell do need a buff. Otherwise early the faith and food and housing are solid for India. The varu is great and with the UA it's a nice +10 faith per turn easily.

However he follows beliefs part seem confusing. You can only have a pagoda or mosque in a district. If your own religion has one of them you can't build the other from another religion.
Dharma ability is the most useless in the game right now from what i have seen,also does the faith per turn scales with era..?? if not its pretty useless than still,not to mention follower's are not that to great to being with.

I am very keen on expansion and I see few issues with doing so. Equally grow those key cities high, sure, why not but you will likely need to be a little strategic and focused on which should be tall

If one wanted to be more realistic then massive expansion is fine but risks some colonies throwing tea out of ships and becoming their own trumping nation.

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense. The larger the nation the more chance of a break off. Hmmm another use of spies also?

Top Bottom