TAM BTS v0.82 Released!

Shqype

Shqyptar
For BTS 3.17, make sure to replace the old DLL with the new one with this TAM quickfix: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=291807

Here's another BIG update for TAM, sure to fix some bugs and include some new game concepts. Here's the changelist:

TAM BTS v0.82:
-Siege Tower can't bombard, provides healing benefits to stacks, can hold 2 land units
-Archery Units more likely to engage in City Defense, bonuses raised to +50%, Withdrawal rates reduced to 10%
---Bowman no longer causes collateral damage, City Defense bonus raised to +75%, Withdrawal probability now 20%
-Leaders more likely to open borders, trade resources, engage in military alliances
-Despotism, Hereditary Rule, and City State Government civics now allow foreign trade; Barbarism still does not.
-Distance maintenance modifiers halved for Authority Civics
-War Weariness modifiers halved for Military Civics
-Heavy Cavalry strength reduced to 8 (from 10) and cost reduced 10
-Armored Infantry strength reduced to 10 (from 12)
-Pikeman strength reduced to 7 (from 8), Cavalry combat bonus reduced to 50% (from 75%), Archer combat bonus removed, +10% City Defense
-Pinch promotion no longer available to Cavalry units
-Harbor correctly provides 1 additional trade route in the city it's built in
-Great Lighthouse provides 1 trade route for all coastal cities, no longer gives extra food on water plots (Maio Statues does this)
-Dense Forests now give +1 production
-Library now gives +2 science and culture (instead of only +1)
-Several new UBs have been added for existing factions
-Infantry cost increased to 90 (from 70)
-Biremes upgrade to Triremes only; Triremes upgrade to Quadriremes
-Workers no longer available to Barbarians
-Various art updates
-Chariot Archer 30% Withdrawal Probability
-Composite Archer collateral damage reduced
-Javelineer can cause a maximum of 80% damage, 25% withdrawal probability. 2 units collateral damage
-Armored Javelineer can cause a maximum of 90% damage, 25% withdrawal probability, 4 units collateral damage
-Mounted Javelineer 40% Withdrawal Probability, only Javelineer unit that can kill other units
-Horse Archer withdrawal probability reduced to 30%, max 2 units collateral damage, cost raised to 75
-Heavy Horse Archer Withdrawal probability reduced to 25%, max 3 units collateral damage, cost raised to 110
-New Wedge promotion available to Heavy Units providing another 25% vs. Cavalry and Elephant units (available with Formation)
-Most BTS events now incorporated into TAM
-Apostolic Palace now available with Christianity, requires Christianity State Religion
-Theology technology removed, Christianity now requires Divine Right

Corporations:
Merchants of Badakhshan gives LapizLazuli in exchange for Gold; built by Great Merchant + Corporation
Merchants of Xian gives Silk in exchange for Gold; built by Great Merchant + Corporation
Merchants of Busiris gives Science and Espionage in exchange for Papyrus; built by Great Scientist or Great Spy + Alchemy
Merchants of Mesopotamia - takes Dye, Opium and gives Commerce; built by Great Merchant + Corporation
Artists of Creativity - takes Clay, Ivory, Marble, Dye, Stone and gives Culture; built by Great Artist + Drama
Harvesters of Plenty - takes Wheat, Salt, Honey, Olives, Fruit and gives Food; built by Great Merchant + Sanitation
Engineers of Production - takes Stone, Copper, Iron, Timber, Tin and gives Production; built by Great Engineer + Civil Service

The following changes made regarding achieving an easier culture victory:
Arena +10% culture
Ampitheater +20% culture
Tavern +2 culture
Public Baths +1 culture
Garden +2 culture

Space Race Victory enabled with The Silk Road:
-Must complete 6 mandatory stops along the Silk Road trade route, with at least 1 of 5 Indian and East Asian stops.

Be sure to check the in-game civilopedia for the final word on the values of Corporations. This is a first attempt to reconcile the many game mechanics into a stable, balanced model. Please submit your bug reports and criticisms that will help us achieve the right balance to make the game run smoothly.

http://tam.arbolingo.com/downloads

There ya go folks. Be sure to get the latest version of the MAP PACK too, since the maps have been adjusted to allow for the new Silk Road Space Race victory.

Thx for the update, the changes sound useful and fun to play. Downloading now and going for a Silk Road victory...

Go figue...the day I finally download version 0.74 you release an update.

I'm downloading now...will give this one a try. Obviously I'm not too attached to the old version yet. Thanks for the update.

I have played through a coule of games on the East Med 15 civ map. Well, 1/2 way through the 2nd game right now.

There were a few references that were not correct (CITYNAME_TEXT_REFERECNE) or something like that. They was on a couple of cities, and some of the religious events. I will give more deatial on my next time through when I will take better notes.

Overall, it is a very fun scenario. Thanks for the update.

One minor disappointment with the map, as the Myceans, there was no silver resource. Silver and marble seem like two staples of any Greek civ.

It looks good.

Played as the hittites, was surprised how easy it was to kill people early witht he chariots.

Now in end game, and I have lots of corps. At first they bankrupted me, but then I picked some more sensible civics and I'm ok money wise, but churning out an impossibly large number of troops.

Downloaded and will play with it this week :)

Just realised why the end game seems impossible. I have a million cavalry and am getting killed with no gain.
The hittite special building Iron Forge is not upgrading my weapons with the new technologies. So my advanced units are still on wooden sticks.

I have played through a coule of games on the East Med 15 civ map. Well, 1/2 way through the 2nd game right now.

There were a few references that were not correct (CITYNAME_TEXT_REFERECNE) or something like that. They was on a couple of cities, and some of the religious events. I will give more deatial on my next time through when I will take better notes.

Overall, it is a very fun scenario. Thanks for the update.

One minor disappointment with the map, as the Myceans, there was no silver resource. Silver and marble seem like two staples of any Greek civ.

Mesix,

Next time through and you see Text Bugs, make note of

Which Map,
Which Civ,
Difficulty Setting,

and exactly what the text bug is, and report it here, I will follow up on it.
I usually only test on the huge map, and I have most of the city text bugs cleaned up or thought I did. (text bugs should not derive from the maps scenario to scenario, unless the civ is not on the huge map)
The religious random events text bug Im working on now, those should be fixed by next release.

Thanks for the input.

I try to stay away from the huge map because of lag issues. I have not tried playing huge maps since upgrading my computer, so maybe I'll give it another shot. So far I have tried the 12 and 15 civ maps.

I will follow up with text bugs after I play again.

One thing that I noticed in my game is that skirmishers do not get exp from attacking. I like the mechanic of a unit that damages the enemy and retreats. The collateral damage is nice too. The maximum damage is set to 90% if I recall, so it is impossible for a skirmisher to "win" an attack. Is there a way for them to get exp when they sucessfully survive an attack and retreat? It must be because catipults get exp for similar attacks in Vanila BTS. Skirmishers would be a lot more useful if they gained exp from attacking and could be upgraded with flanking and barrage promos.

Mesix,

Yes the skirmishing changes are new, I did not even know about them and reported them as a bug... haahaa...
They can kill and get experience on the defensive though, which helps.
The effort I think is to get away from a RTS feel of the game, and use combined arms tactics. A typical stack for me at the moment (I am only on my second test) is a stack of Rams (siege), Javelineers (skirmish), Spearmen (counter-defensive), axemen/swordsmen (assult), chariot/horse archers (counter-attack). each stack typically of four each.
Those were generic, but you get the point, you lead a city assult with siege, then skirmish, then assult, then use your cavalry to mop up, try to save spearmen for counter assult.

My problem is I always try to be a Wonder Builder and im always juggling military with wonders, AND try to keep my cities balanced..... haha

too much too doo in the TAM LAND

I know what you mean. I have trouble juggling my building and my military expansion too.

I really like the skirimisher mechanic. I was planning to implement a similar mechanic in a mod that I am working on with a friend. I was going to give archers the ability to do collateral damage with a high probability of retreat (ala Braveheart..."Archers!"...you get the idea). Now I have an example of how to do it.

One more issue that I noticed in my first two games was that I could not get alliances, vassals, or even defensive pacts with any of the AI players. It's not that they were greyed out or that the AI didn't favor me enough, the options just were not there.

Those come in later in the game ... near the end of the tech tree.

Such things need to be balanced out to come earlier, and that's where the players come in to give their suggestions.

I'll look into giving xp to retreating skirmishers ...

Sorry...double post...the Internet here at work is really slow tonight.

Is it intentional that the Jewish religion does not have a holy shrine that a Great Prophet can build?

edit: I see the Temple of Soloman in the Civilopedia, but I can't build it with my Great Prophet.

Hi, I get the following text type errors:-

Events - spread of religion due to miracle at city walls

TXT_KEY_RELIGION_DRUIDISM_ADJECTIVE

TXT_KEY_RELIGION_MESOPOTHAMIAN_ADJECTIVE

First contact - AI_DIPLO_FIRST_CONTACT_LEADER_TEUTA_1

I was playing largest TAM map.

Hi, I get the following text type errors:-

Events - spread of religion due to miracle at city walls

TXT_KEY_RELIGION_DRUIDISM_ADJECTIVE

TXT_KEY_RELIGION_MESOPOTHAMIAN_ADJECTIVE

First contact - AI_DIPLO_FIRST_CONTACT_LEADER_TEUTA_1

I was playing largest TAM map.

Dancing Hoskuld,

Thanks for the bug reports. Already on top of those, and should be fixed in the next version.

Top Bottom