Tamed wolf unkillable

Mardragon

Chieftain
I just destroyed about 15 units in a city. Last enemy in a Mongol city is a Tamed wolf with Health 0.14/7. My units will not attack it even if I should be able to initiate. So I can not capture the city at the moment.

I doubt there is a good reason a injured wolf can hinder my 100+ units from entering the city :) Is there a way around this? I will try to advance the game without sacking this city for now.

Thank you for any help!

Allowing the unit to heal up worked.

At 2.3/7 I was able to kill it with a Heavy crossbowman.

At worst you lose a few days then with this. Not the end of the world, I guess.

That is a combat bug that sometimes occurs. I had it recently too. Enemy unit is near death, but survives and cannot be attacked anymore. Save/reload does not remedy it.

It does not occur much, but if it does, it is serious as that unit could sit in a city and make it unconquerable.

Two workarounds: 1) enter worldbuilder and delete the unit 2) load autosave and play again. That will probably will fix it. However, as the random number seed is included in the save, so you get the same outcome if you do the same things, and you have an (auto)save that wil consistently show this rare bug on every reload, please upload that save to help the modders.

Attached: two screenshots of a footpad that I attacked, it fled one tile when it was near death, and now cannot be attacked.

Attachments

• footpad1.jpg
    footpad1.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 41
  • footpad2.jpg
    footpad2.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 53
Is this still happening on an updated SVN version? With relatively new to the game units? Old old old saves could certainly have this issue still even on a new updated SVN because old units could still be bugged since they don't recalc.

Is this still happening on an updated SVN version? With relatively new to the game units? Old old old saves could certainly have this issue still even on a new updated SVN because old units could still be bugged since they don't recalc.

I started this game (with the bugged footpad) on 19th of april, updated SVN a few days before, and updated my SVN version again on sunday april 26th. So yeah it is a very recent SVN version. Not sure what version I started the game with but my oldest file in the caveman2cosmos directory is 2nd of april and I have updated several times since then.

Top Bottom