Tanks and attacking the cities

denis97y

Chieftain
In later versions of Realsm Invictus there are no city-raider tanks anymore and usually if i send tanks against gunpowder units stationed within the cities, i loose many tanks. What kind of promotion works the best for the tanks intended to be used against the cities (it seems that 'urban combat' promotion offers just a very marginal advantage here)?

Or it is better use infranty units against cities? But what kind of promotion works for Mechanized Infanty and IFVs, after marines (as traditional city assault units) become too weak and obsolote in later game?

I'm not agree with the comment about marines. They are very useful even later game. The method more fast to destroy a civ (without nukes) is: a lot of marines with city assault I and II (+30 units), 2-3 marines with medical promotions, a helicopter (for to extract marines when they raze cities), transports, some destroyers (5-6), some subs (3-4), carriers (3-4), a lot of airplanes (20 at least) and capital ships (2-3).

-Destroy the city defense.
-Use airplanes vs units (-50%).
-Keep capital ships close to them (-15% strg, -15% city defense).
-Attack with marines (they will have +10% for amphibious, +57% city assault, +10% for aviation support, a lot of strikes, probably quality recruiters tradition, and maybe spec ops).
-Take your best marines, and upgrade to commando, they will have hills attack too).

Your cities only must produce airplanes and marines, all time. If you have too much airplanes, train other carrier. Marines, other transport.

Obviusly, this tactic is vs coastal cities, but if you can raze the half of enemy cities, there's no chance for them.

Vs no coastal cities, you need a lot of airplanes, tactical bombers (specially, because they can produce -75% strg) and bombers. Then, you can send whatever you want.

Top Bottom