1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

TarcisioCM's Civilizations

Discussion in 'Civ5 - New Civilizations' started by Tarmont, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Tarmont

Tarmont Empress

| Alans | Assyria (Sammuramat) | Austria-Hungary | Bactria | Bulgaria | Etruscans | Germany | Great Moravia | Holy Rome | Hyksos | Iberians | Ilkhanate | Kievan Rus' (Olga) | Lombards | Massagetae | Medes | Rome | Ostrogoths | Ottomans | Parthia | Portugal (João II) | Portugal-Brazil (Maria I) | Ptolemies (Cleopatra) | Ptolemies (Ptolemy Soter) | Sicily | Song | Spain | Suebi | Visigoths | Xiongnu |

All my civilizations require Brave New World to work.
    Not up to date civs have been moved to the second post.
    Currently incompatible with ExCE.

Assyria
    Steam Workshop | Direct Download

Austria-Hungary

Bactria

Bulgaria

Germany

Great Moravia

The Hyksos

The Iberians

The Ilkhanate

Kievan Rus'

Lombards

Massagetae

Medes

Rome

Ostrogoths

The Ottomans

Parthia

Portugal

Portugal-Brazil

The Ptolemies

Sicily

Song

Spain

Visigoths

Xiongnu

2. Tarmont

Tarmont Empress

The Alans
    Led by Respendial

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Unique Ability Unique Unit Unique Unit
    Iron Migrations: May raze your own cities, giving you a Settler and one military unit for every 2 Pop born after the city was founded. A city may become a Point of Sedentism; cities settled away from these receive production and happiness bonuses. Nart: Replaces the Great General. Units stacked with a Nart may pass through rival territory without open borders for 2 turns. Gain 2 Happiness Empire-Wide for every city founded after the newest Nart was born. Cities founded on the same tile as a Nart have a chance of settling with free ancient-era buildings, depending of how far they are from the Point of Sedentism. Horse Nomad: Replaces the Settler, that unlike him, has 4 movement points. Has a military variant spawned after razing a city you founded with strength based on the current era (Until the Industrial Era), and that may be disbanded in cities for instant population.

Latest Version: 2
    Made by TarcisioCM | 3D models by Danrell | Music by The Creative Assembly
    Includes support for: Old TSL Values

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Etruscans
    Led by Tyrrhenus

Unique Ability Unique Building Unique Building
    Loose League: -80% Unhappiness from number of cities. -35% less Gold from cities other than the Capital, but they receive a weaker version of the palace. Hypogeum: Replace the Shrine, and is unlocked at mining. The Hypogeum has a bigger maintenance cost but gives 2 extra culture, unlike the Shrine. Fanu: Once built, the Fanu will give an instant boost of 100 Gold (Halved on renaissance and beyond) and 50 Culture per city you control. May be built multiple times. Cost increased with number of cities.

Latest Version: 7
    Made by TarcisioCM | Music by Walter Maioli and The Creative Assembly
    Includes support for: Nothing yet.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Holy Rome
    Led by Frederick Barbarossa

Unique Ability Unique Building Unique Building
    Investiture Controversy: Disbanding Missionaries in Puppeted cities will make that city produce 30% more Faith and +1 Faith for every 5 improved plots for as long as it remain a Puppet, and it will immediately claim nearby tiles. Appoint Antipope: May support an Antipope by consuming Faith per turn. While you have an active Antipope, you will receive gold equal your Faith generation, and you receive +1 Happiness for each 80 Faith you have. The cost for acquiring plots in cities is also lowered by 25%. Once you have 0 faith, the Antipope will be deposed. Grant Fief: May not be built on the Capital. The city will become a Puppet, and should it be annexed this building will be destroyed. This city will provide units for you each 10 turns of war, and during peacetime increase Production of military units at the capital by 5% (Up to a total of 30%). It also increases local happiness.

Latest Version: 1
    Made by TarcisioCM | Music by Firaxis
    Includes support for: Old TSL Values.

The Suebi
    Led by Rechilla

Internal Sackers: Melee units (Pre Gunpowder) garrisoned on cities will generate 50% more unhappiness and +40% more gold. Raider: Receive 20% Combat Strenght Bonus if they starts the turn on pillaged improvement, and heals completely on pillaging. They replace the Spearman for the Suebi. Migrant: Replaces the Settler. Has double move on forests and can enter rival territory without Open Borders.

Latest Version: 2
    Made by TarcisioCM | 3D Models by Danrell | Music by Firaxis and Paradox Studios
    Includes support for: Nothing yet.

The Ptolemies
    Led by Ptolemy Soter

Unique Ability Unique Unit Unique Building
    Capital of Hellenism: +25% Production towards Wonders and Great Person generation at the Capital during Golden Ages. Maritime trade routes leaving the Capital generate aditional 2 Gold when connecting to another civilization. Polyreme : Unique Unit that can only be built by the ptolemies during Golden Ages (Does not replace anything). Has the Oversized Ship promotion, making close enemy units fight worse. Generate 1 Culture if on a City, and 3 Culture if that city has a Harbor. Serapeum: Replacement for Temple. Its the same as the normal temple, but generate 2 Culture and 1 Happiness if built on conquered cities. On the outbreak of war, every Serapeum will spawn an appropriate military unit of the last Era.

Made by TarcisioCM | 3D Models by Danrell | Music by Microsoft Studios and The Creative Assembly
    Includes support for: Old TSL Values

Mongolia
    Led by Genghis Khan

Conquest of the World: Units have extra Strength against cities during Golden Ages, and they are extended upon capturing a city. Gain +1 Happiness per internal Trade route, increased to +2 during Golden Ages. Khan: Replaces the Great General. The birth of a Khan triggers a small Golden Age. Has five movement points and heals adjacent units for an additional 15 HP per turn. Keshik: Has +1 Movement point over the Knight it replaces, and unlike him the Keshik is a Ranged Unit. Starts with the Great Generals I and Quick study promotions, and has no penalties against cities.

Made by TarcisioCM
    Includes support for: Exploration Continued Expanded | Civ IV traits in Civ V | Cultural Diversity | Ethnic Units | Events and Decisions | Historical Religions | Map Labels | Piety and Prestige | Unique Cultural Influence | Yet Not Another Earth Map Pack

3. Tarmont

Tarmont Empress

| Alans | Assyria (Sammuramat) | Austria-Hungary | Bactria | Bulgaria | Etruscans | Germany | Great Moravia | Holy Rome | Hyksos | Iberians | Ilkhanate | Kievan Rus' (Olga) | Lombards | Massagetae | Medes | Rome | Ostrogoths | Ottomans | Parthia | Portugal (João II) | Portugal-Brazil (Maria I) | Ptolemies (Cleopatra) | Ptolemies (Ptolemy Soter) | Sicily | Song | Spain | Suebi | Visigoths | Xiongnu |

All my civilizations require Brave New World to work.
    Not up to date civs have been moved to the second post.
    Currently incompatible with ExCE.

Assyria

Austria-Hungary

Bactria

Bulgaria

Germany

Great Moravia

The Hyksos

The Iberians

The Ilkhanate

Kievan Rus'

Lombards

Massagetae

Medes

Rome

Ostrogoths

The Ottomans

Parthia

Portugal

Portugal-Brazil

The Ptolemies

Sicily

Song

Spain

Visigoths

Xiongnu

4. Rob (R8XFT)

Rob (R8XFT) Ancient Briton Super Moderator

Great stuff! I'd already downloaded these from Steam; nice to see you starting a thread about them here. Some of the artwork has been used in Anno Domini: BNW.

5. Tarmont

Tarmont Empress

Small update for the suebi released, better civ and leader icon.

Thanks! But i'm curious, what artwork did you use?

6. Rob (R8XFT)

The Parthian leaderhead and icon. I would have used the Suebi as well, but it was in a .dds format that GIMP (or my other artwork programs) can't open. It doesn't mean that I can't use it in-game as the Suebi of course, but I was wanting it for another civ, and therefore the DOM image would have to be modified.

7. Tarmont

Tarmont Empress

Oh yeah, that might be because I changed the saving format for better quality (Icons were really ugly before this, and i still think i'm saving it wrong). Here are some of the suebi .psd files if you want them.

8. Rob (R8XFT)

Thanks! Actually you had me thinking that I might put the Suebi in after all...;)

9. DJSHenninger

DJSHenninger Megas Basileus

Nice work, keep it up. Looks like I can let go of Sicily. I'm glad I didn't start modding it yet lol. Would have loved to see a unique building or improvement instead of two units, though. I personally like UBs or UIs more than UUs. The civ's icon looks a bit odd, but I guess that's what they used xD

10. SargontheGreat2

SargontheGreat2 Modder

What are you working on next?

11. Tarmont

Tarmont Empress

I'm not working on anything right now, but here's a list of civs I want to do:

Burgundy
    Genoa
    Lombards
    The Sassanids
    Bactria
    Epirus
    Macedon
    Ptolemaic Egypt
    The Seleucids (Already done?)

12. Rob (R8XFT)

A great list of civs there...don't let the fact that the Selucids have already had one version put you off from doing another! If you do decide to do Epirus, Harasar did two stunning maps for me that you could use:

13. Tarmont

Tarmont Empress

Actually, for me, making the maps is the best part of modmaking :lol:
    In fact I usually do maps just for fun. See these two who I liked the most. (They are based on a forum game).

14. ubergeneral

ubergeneral Warlord

I'm not sure I like the UA for the Etruscan League. I don't think that the UA should have you make less gold. I know that the UB is supposed to make up for it, but as it stand it's not interesting since you need to keep on making the UB to stay afloat.

Since they don't have UU they need something to make them really interesting. The repeatable UB is neat, but instead of having less inherent income the production cost should be adjusted to basically be using hammers to get gold and culture.

for the Parthains. I like them a lot. I had an epic game vs them. We were at war constantly. Things I noticed

- they didn't build their UUs as much as they could have. Maybe a higher flavor for their UU?
    - the bonus horses aren't good after the industrial age. Maybe they should get free oil too so they can keep their momentum in late game. This is assuming that you intend them to be a domination oriented civ.

15. Tarmont

Tarmont Empress

Actually, their other half of the UA was supposed to make up for it (-80% unhappiness from number of cities, I also changed to -100% before but i'm not sure if it would be op).

I guess I could improve their flavors and UA a bit, but I see nothing wrong with their horses (They are there just so you can actually train your UU if you dont start with many horses near).

16. ubergeneral

ubergeneral Warlord

nothing is wrong with horses. My suggestion was giving them a free oil. Horses become useless around the same time oil becomes good. It's to give them a way to keep momentium in late game.

I don't think extra happiness offsets lower income. Being happy as hell won't help if your broke

17. regalman

regalman Reckless Dolphin

I really enjoy your civs, and considering that you're (not your) solo, you have really nice civs, especially the first one you made, Parthia

18. Tarmont

Tarmont Empress

Just released the Ptolemaic Kingdom. Thanks to JFD for allowing me to adapt some of his lua code :)

19. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Those maps are really quite good, actually. Did you make them?

There's something really neat about having the Ptolemaic Kingdom. Great job! And glad you got it working :)

20. Tarmont

Tarmont Empress

Thanks. Yeah, I did them. As I said before I love making maps.