Discussion in 'Civ5 - New Civilizations' started by Tarmont, Apr 6, 2014.
Will he still update the ones he has? I thought there were some planned for the older civs.
No more Danelaw ?
Nope, no updates. No new Ptolemies, and I made a sweet new UU icon for it some time ago.
There's always someone (like me) wanting to give those unused icons a home, Jan . If you're willing to share it, I'm bound to put it into AD.
The Lombards' UA, the Iron Crown, says that "Each citizen increases 0.5 combat strength". Is that the combat strength of the city?
The Ptolemies got an update and total redesign on Steam last week.
It was! And the leaderscreen too?
Hooray for Skaz, the only person that checks Steam instead of these forums! Best Ptolemy lives again!
I definitely like the GA replacement and the new temple over the previous UC's. I'm just surprised he hasn't changed it on here.
That's because I only bribed Tarcisio with new artwork so he reluctantly did the update. Doubt he's interested enough in Civ anymore to bother updating the OP.
Is there anyway to get a link to the old Bactria? I'd like to combine its UA with the new Bactria's.
Does this civs work with CBP?
Very unlikely. Iirc Tar's complained about the difficulties of supporting the CBP, although this might've been someone (aka anyone) else.
On the Lombards' Duke: how does the piece "acts as a waypoint to new units" work?
Not sure if these mods are still being maintained and updated by Tarcisio, but just in case below some bug-reports:
- UA: You don't receive culture when giving unit to City-State. Also unit does not return from City-State when war is declared.
- Decision: Toledo Steel: You don't receive gold when giving such unit.
- UB: Incoming trade-routes don't generate gold on mentioned improved resources
- UU: Magus: Does not give enhanced religion or unlock piety opener. However, with a 2nd Magus and when Piety already unlocked, then it does provide a free social Piety policy.
- 2 entries in civilopedia for Great Prophet (one with Magus picture) and also separate one for Magus
- UA: Sharing of buildings does not take into account requirements (e.g. access to river for watermill). When a building is sold in the capital, it remains present in other cities - shouldn't they then also lose that building if it was provided by the capital at first?
- UU: Santisima Trinidad: In ancient era there are Barbarian Santisima Trinidads appearing.
- UU: Grivpanvar: can move after attacking? Not mentioned in civilopedia or civ description.
- UU: Shivatir: Does not get the 25% Persian Horde bonus. The promotion Partian Shot does not show or is active in your own turn, however when AI is playing you can see the promotion when hovering over. Promotions don't seem to match with civilopedia.
- UU: Altaic Rider: It does seem to provide production discount, but is it random? For one new production it started with 12 progress; for another with 5 progress. Also, progress vs production flows over (case: 50 progress, 40 production, but still 1 turn).
- UA: Yurt camp can't be placed on certain featureless plains. Could this be because underlying resource still needs to be discovered? Ideally, the Yurt camp could be placed there, until resource is discovered.
- UA: Only working for all BNW specialists, but not new ones from JFD mods (e.g. CiD's Doctor or RtP's Monk). Could those be added?
- UI: Phrourion: No description of its effect in civilopedia
- 2 entries for Duke in civilopedia
Hope they get updated at some point; there are some really unique and fun civs in here... thanks in advance!
This will fix the Spain problem. One of the upgradeable UUs was missing a prerequisite tech tag. Just replace the current file with this.
As for the Medes' UA, the first part sounds intentional. If not, we revert to the reason the second part is there: it sounds nightmarish to code.
And I've added the specialists that JFD created to the Song. The pop-up for picking the specialist isn't going to look pretty, but it works. Just drop the contents of the zip into the folder and replace.
Separate names with a comma.