Tax rate poll 900BC

How should the tax rate stand until we have finished the Colossus?

• With 70% tax and 30% science

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • As it is, with 30% tax and 70% science

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • It should be changed, to the rates I put in my post

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Originally posted by duke o' york
I hope that Princess Lucy has already discovered the advance of Peaceful Night's Sleep though. When will she come into her inheritance as Queen of Fanatica? Are you planning to abdicate when she's ready?

She has discovered the advance of Peaceful Night's Sleep, but she doesn't always choose to use it!! This morning she decided on going back to the age of Waking Up Before 6am!:rolleyes:

I'm training her up to succeed my throne. She's already practising. A couple of days ago I was playing the GOTM. I left my laptop (I thought) out of reach for a minute whilst I went to get something. Thankfully, I'd saved it because when I got back there was a little window saying I couldn't launch a spaceship because I hadn't built one! She'd decided that was the way to win that game and hit F12!!!!:lol:

There's been talk of disbanding the dip into Elysium. I'm a little reluctant to do it straight away in case a boat bribing opportunity comes up. How do people feel about keeping the dip until the dreaded 'Indians almost finished..' message appears? If a boat does sail past, we can assess whether we can afford to bribe or not then. Also, do we still want to disband the dip if we can afford to RB the Colossus outright.

:queen: - Patron of the 'Save the Diplomat' Campaign'

Keep the Dip until you HAVE to disband it. At this point we'll be disbanding and spening $ like it's going out of fashion. However, be very careful about the cost of bribing a passing boat.

I've thought all along that we would keep as many units as possible.

Note: disbanding a 30 shield unit into a wonder build saves 60g of rush build cost. At 2g/shield, this is as economically efficient as RB of a city improvement. It's only a sacrifice if you really want to keep the unit.

Excellent discussions; analyses; and planning, all that have posted in this thead. I will add my support to immediately maxing our tax rate, moving all possible workers to high trade squares except Elysium, which maxes production, not spending any gold until Colussus is built. If we can complete it or rush buy it without disbanding any units, that would be preferable. I would disband dip first, Chariot second, and Archer only as a last resort. Are there any city improvements in the land we could sell to generate cash if absolutely necessary? This would be extreme, but I had to do that in my current Deity level game to get the Colossus. Caused some problems for awhile, but techs every two turns without the aid of Freight arrivals is worth it :D

Top Bottom