1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Taxes

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - General Discussions' started by buffalo6542, Feb 6, 2009.

1. buffalo6542

buffalo6542 Nuke Maniac

Is there a way to change the tax raising part so it happens once in a while or there is none at all?

2. Wheldrake

Wheldrake Warlord

Yes.
    1) Never sell or buy goods in Europe. Make what you need, and sell to the natives.
    2) refuse the tax hikes - as long as the boycott isn't on a commodity you'll want to buy or sell in Europe.

Even if you only *sometimes* buy or sell goods in Europe, that can dramatically slow down the speed of tax hikes. Lately I've been trying to avoid European commerce until after I've sold off all the available treasure from exploring. Votes not in yet on whether that really makes economic sense or not.

Enjoy! --- Wheldrake

3. ExtraCrispy

ExtraCrispy Warlord

You could edit the XML. But I've got no clue how to do that.

4. Bob the Barbari

Bob the Barbari Warlord

What is the maximum tax level possible? In my first game I reached 99% and declared independence soon after, but I was wondering if it can go above 100%.