TCG II Difficulty selection poll.

What difficulty would you like to play at in Trait Comparison Game II?

• Prince

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Monarch

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Emperor

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • Immortal

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Deity

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters

nanomage

Longbowman
TCG's are a series of game centered about experimental comparison of leader traits. Each player picks a leader from a given set of leaders with 1 common trait, and they all play the same civilization on the same map - only one leader trait varies. This is done to better evaluate the effect which this one particular trait does on the game. For the sake of making the games more comparable to each other, everything else except one trait should be fixed.
Unfirtunately we can't fix skill level of players :lol:, but we will try to fix everything else, i.e speed, difficulty. The speed will most likely be epic. Those who would like to participate, but do not like epic, are welcome to express their opinion in Trait Comparison Game 2 thread. Here is the polls question.

What difficulty would you like to play TCG II?

Could participate and succeed at Monarch, likely fail at anything higher.

However, I learn a lot from seeing other players doing the same thing I do _better_, so I'd be ok with a higher difficulty, assuming there are some nice game reports submitted.

I'll pick not my difficulty, but one below: emperor. I think that's going to be the median difficulty level for the majority of our participants, so it'll prolly work best. But, let's see.

I debated between monarch and emperor, and ultimately chose the latter - think it's reasonably representative of the people who played the first one.

I picked Emperor too ^^. Call me a noob but I like playing down and it is actually one of my favorite levels!

so it looks like we should pick emperor. 1vote more isn't a big deal, but I hope at least part of players who voted immortal would be ok with emperor too.

Still struggling a little at emperor (although I won a OCC at emp, what the hell?) so let's do that.

Oh, this is the series where I got stomped as Tokugawa on Deity wasn't it. :blush: Though I recall other players put real effort into things and we had some discussion over how difficulty and speed affected things (mostly we saw vastly divergent early game strats, some players rushing the nearest neighbour, which for myself was a failure due to uncrackable archers)

At any rate, I'd think Emperor sounds good, with the added idea that had been discussed that we agree to some vaguely similar opening, so there isn't huge divergence when one guy goes out conquering and no one else did, or vice versa.

offtopic: what a nice gaussian envelope in the votes btw :lol:
looks like the truly desired difficulty should be somethin like 3/4Emperor+1/4 immortal

I'm a monarch player at the moment and voted as such, but after giving it some thought I think it should probably be Emperor. I think its going to be relevant to more people at that level. Also, I think differences are more strongly emulated on higher difficulty levels. Imagine we played these games on Noble, most of the people playing and posting could probably do whatever they want regardless of their traits at that level. On the higher difficulty levels it becomes necessary to leverage whatever advantages you can to succeed.

I'm a monarch player at the moment and voted as such, but after giving it some thought I think it should probably be Emperor. I think its going to be relevant to more people at that level. Also, I think differences are more strongly emulated on higher difficulty levels. Imagine we played these games on Noble, most of the people playing and posting could probably do whatever they want regardless of their traits at that level. On the higher difficulty levels it becomes necessary to leverage whatever advantages you can to succeed.

It's all relative. About half of the people participating in this will be able to screw around @ emperor, too :/.

Also there are strategy variations independent of traits. I've played to 1 AD but won't update until I'm done, but I've already seen differences in choices made that will drastically affect the rest of the game, and it has nothing to do with our trait variation yet!

Top Bottom