TCIT: 1268 AD - Wednesday, July 5th, 8:00PM EDT (7/6 00:00 UTC)

Sigma

Censor
Term 7, Game Session 1, 1268 AD, July 5, 8:00PM EDT (7/6 00:00 UTC)

This will be an on-line session.
The Designated Player is: Sigma

Start Date/Time: Wednesday, July 5th @ 8:00PM EDT
(00:00 Thursday, July 6th, 2006 in UTC)

Relevant Links:
Current Save
Previous Turnchat Thread

Instruction Checklist:

President
Secretary of State
Secretary of War
Censor
Minister of the Interior
Minister of Culture
Minister of Science
Governor of Boaring Wallow
Governor of Micalian's Gate
Governor of West Licentia
Governor of Auda Minor
Governor of New Port City
Governor of Fort Impervious

Only elected/appointed officials may post in this thread! Please use the DP thread in the Government subforum for questions/comments to the DP. Please use the officials' thread for comments to an official.

Only instructions posted in this thread prior to the start of the TC will be considered valid instructions. Instructions posted or changed after the start of the TC may be ignored. Instructions will not be accepted at the TC.

Official Instructions from the Minister of the Interior

Renaming workers - I'd like to rename all of the workers to my own system so I can keep track of them more easily. Please rename the workers as follows:
ESE of Abydos - Alpha
2SE of NPC - Bravo
2S of FI - Charlie
3S of Old Sarai - Delta
E of CF - Echo
ESE of Old Sarai - Foxtrot
2W of Toot - Golf
W of Toot - Hotel
2SW of BW - India
NW of BW - Juliet
The worker being produced in Auda City (when it finishes) - Kilo

Worker Actions
Move Alpha, Bravo, Delta, and Echo to the hill 2W of Old Sarai (cancel their current actions). Group them in a stack, so they move and build together. They will be building roads in the open area between Abydos, NPC, Old Sarai, and FI. When they have all arrived, have them build roads on tiles in this order:

Move Foxtrot, Golf, Hotel, and Kilo (when it finishes) to 4S of Auda City (cancel their current actions). Group them in a stack, so they move and build together. They will be building roads in the area around Old Sarai, Auda City, Toot, Basillica, and CF. When they have all arrived, have them build roads on tiles in this order:

Charlie will continue to build farms around Fort Impervious. Build farms on the grassland tiles first (2S and ENE), followed by the plains tiles (1E and SSE).

India and Juliet will be used for strategic forest chops or other actions requested by the Governor's Council. Instructions will be edited in later. Since no governors specifically requested anything, these two workers are up for your disposal (which is me anyway). They will be used if any strategic chop opportunities arrive, or if not, will be sent to Toot to clear out the jungle.

Preturn
Please place citizens to work as shown in screenshots. Basically, get as many hammers as possible, using "rationing" if need be.
Toot Civ4ScreenShot0036.JPG
AudaCiv4ScreenShot0035.JPG
BascilicaCiv4ScreenShot0033.JPG

Builds
Bascilica
After the archer, queue 2 crossbows
Toot Uncommon
After the archer, queue axeman, then barracks
Auda City
After the worker, queue Colosseum, then catapult

You are authorised to whip units if the danger is great enough. Use the units as the SoW specifies, otherwise, send them to Bascilica.

Pre-turn

I would also like you to do a lot of renaming - sorry about that (keeps ya busy :mischief: ). I will also keep referring to Defence Points 1, 2 and 3 and the Road Build rendezvous. You might find it easier to locate these on the map if you add a sign to each tile before you start. Details:
  • Def1 is 2SE of Const Falls
  • Def2 is 1N2E of Basillica
  • Def3 is 1E2S to Toot Uncommon
  • RBuild is 3S of Auda City (i.e. 2N3W of Toot Uncommon)
There is a map here instrs_1268_ad.jpg that shows you where these are

Renaming, promotion and movement during pre-turn:
  • archer 1E of Boaring Wallow: rename to 'Def2 a', do not promote yet, move to Def2.
  • 2 warriors in BW: rename to 'BW garr a' and 'BW garr b' (doesn't matter which is which), fortify
  • archer 1W2S of BW: rename to 'Def1 a', do not promote, move to Def1.
  • sword 5N of Abydos: rename to 'Ba garr a', promote to city raid III, move to Basillica
  • archer and warrior in Abydos: rename to 'Ab garr a' and 'Ab garr b', fortify
  • archer 2E of Abydos: rename 'FI garr a', promote City Garr I, move to Fort Impervious
  • archer in New Port City: rename 'NPC garr a', promote City Garr I, fortify
  • archer 1W of Old Sarai: rename 'CF garr a', promote City Garr I, move to Const Falls
  • archer in OS: rename to 'OS garr a', promote City Garr I, fortify
  • archer 2SE of OS: rename 'Ba garr b', promote City Garr I, move to Basillica
  • archer in Auda City (can be either): rename 'RBuild guard a', move to RBuild point
  • other archer in AC: rename 'AC garr a', fortify
  • archer in Toot Uncommon: rename 'TU garr a'
  • axe with City raid II in Fort Impervious: rename 'FI garr b', fortify
  • axe with City raid III in FI: rename 'Def1 b', do not move
  • sword 1W of Const Falls: rename 'Def1 c', move to Def1
  • 'road guard 2' axe in CF: rename 'Ba garr c', promote Combat I, do not move
  • other axe in CF: rename 'CF garr b', fortify
  • horse archer 1N of Basillica: rename 'Ba garr d', move to Basillica
  • horse archer, spear and 2 archers in Basillica: rename 'Ba garr e' to 'Ba garr h', fortify

If any of the units I've asked you to fortify can't do so, then click senrty. If they won't do this either, then make them sleep.

Unit movement

When units reach Def1, Def2, Def3 or RBuild then fortify them. The units at RBuild should attach themselves to the workers building the roads (see Sigma's instructions). If the workers building the road start before the guards get there, then just make sure the guards catch up with the workers asap.

When units reach Basillica, they should fortify.

When 'FI garr a' reaches Fort Impervious, it should fortify. Move 'Def 1b' from FI to Def1.

When 'CF garr a' reaches Const Falls, it should fortify. Move 'Ba garr c' from CF to Basillica.

Units currently building

New Port City will get archer in 1. Rename to 'NPC garr b', promote to City garr I, fortify

Abydos will get axe in 2. Rename 'RBuild guard b', promote Woodsman I, move to RBuild point

Basillica will get archer in 3. Rename 'Ba garr i' and fortify.

Toot Uncommon will get archer in 5. Rename 'Def3 a', promote Combat I, move to Def3.

Old Sarai will get Catapult in 5. Rename 'Def2 b', do not promote yet, move to Def2.

Const Falls will get Crossbow in 5. Rename 'Def1 d', promote Combat I, move to Def 1.

Micalian's Gate will get Catapult in 6. Do not name or promote. Move to Old Sarai.

Attacking

Do not attack any Germans or move into their territory.

Defending

Hopefully you will have enough troops. If things look bad in Basillica, you should reinforce from whichever of the Defence Points looks strongest.

If Bismarck sends a stack towards Const Falls or Toot Uncommon, reinforce from the nearest Defence Point.

Any future troops that may be built during the TC

First priority is to replace any troops that may have been killed in Basillica or at the defence points. After that, try to build up forces at Defence Points 1 and 2 evenly.

Stopping Play

Stop play if Bismarck will negotiate for peace. You musn't offer him peace - it will need a vote by the citizens.

Stop play if Bismarck does something really wacky I haven't anticipated and we look in serious danger and in your opinion we need a complete change of plans. I expect you to shuffle reinforcements around to deal with small numbers of units Germany may send without stopping play.

Thoughts on units to build

I do not have the authority to tell you what units to build - you must follow Governor/Mayor instructions for the relevant cities and states.

However, if some Governors do not post, as DP you take responsibility for what to build in the cities for which there are no instructions (although I don't think you can choose to build a settler). If you find this to be the case, you might consider the following:
  • horse archers in MG. Move to Old Sarai
  • archer in Toot Uncommon. Leave in city
  • crossbows in Basillica

Followed by:
2 crossbows, axe, crossbow, cat, sword. Move to Basillca or Def1 or Def2 - whichever is nearer. Please take account of whatever other governors may decide to build.

President....( SoS also since he has asked me too)

Continue with research at as high a rate as possible. Let the game drop the rate.

STOP IF we meet any other civ
STOP if we can negotiate with Germany. Check periodically and stop once he wont "refuse to talk".

Good luck and may the RNG be nice to you.

Govenor of Boaring Wallow

Very straightforward this time. We're already maxing out on :hammers:. So no need to reassign citizens.

Finish the forge (8 turns). This will take care of the :mad: face at BW.
Work on the settler for the last few turns of this TC. He won't finish for 5 turns, but we'll get him a little closer.

The Turnchat will start on time, in 30 minutes. Get those instructions posted - I'll see you in the chatroom!

West Licentia--

Please maintain current tiles for Abydos, Old Sarai and Const. Falls. Please build what the SoW prefers in these cities but cats in Old Sarai and Const. Falls and horse archers in Abydos would make sense.

The turnchat is now starting. Looks like it's just me. You'd think more people would be excited with the war and want to know how things turn out!

Final report: We didn't lose any units! Bismarck pillaged Basillica a ton though, almost all cottages/hamlets/villages are now gone and he has begun pillaging roads. He did lose a couple units attacking us at the very beginning though, and we got to see Russia give some help. The TC was ended early because Bismarck will talk to us now (joy), and because we didn't really account for German mounted units running around pillaging everything - the orders said not to attack any German units. Alot of our units also got cut off heading to Basillica or defense point 2 because of the German units in our territory. We'll need to adapt our plans so we can kill off these units and reinforce properly.

Oh, and I asked Bismarck what the price for peace was, and he asked for Basillica. I told him to go screw himself.

Turn 0 save: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads12/C4DG1_AD1268_turn0.Civ4SavedGame

Turn 5 save: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads12/C4DG1_AD1298_turn5.Civ4SavedGame

Start of turn 6 save: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads12/C4DG1_AD1304_turn6start.Civ4SavedGame

Screenie as of turn 5:

Chat log in the spoiler:

Spoiler :
[19:17] Sigma: This Turnchat has officially started. The year is 1268 AD. Citizens in attendance: Sigma (DP)
[19:18] Sigma: Beginning Pre-turn.
[19:19] Sigma: Renaming workers as per MoI instructions...
[19:23] Sigma: Cancelling workers' tasks and moving them to their respective rally points
[19:25] Sigma: Adjusting citizens in Auda Minor
[19:27] Sigma: Renaming military units as per SoW instructions
[19:28] *** Scarab has left #turnchat.
[19:37] Sigma: whew that took a while, think I'm done with that now
[19:38] Sigma: Stop conditions given by SoW:
[19:39] Sigma: Stop play if Bismarck will negotiate for peace. You musn't offer him peace - it will need a vote by the citizens.
[19:39] Sigma: Stop play if Bismarck does something really wacky I haven't anticipated and we look in serious danger and in your opinion we need a complete change of plans. I expect you to shuffle reinforcements around to deal with small numbers of units Germany may send without stopping play.
[19:40] Sigma: Stop conditions given by SoS/President:
[19:40] Sigma: STOP IF we meet any other civ
[19:41] Sigma: Looks like preturn is finally over! :)
[19:41] Sigma: Uploading save...
[19:43] Sigma: Save uploaded - link is on forums (I won't be copying here since there's no one to click on it anyway)
[19:45] Sigma: End of Turn 0 - Optics in 10, 40% Science, 79 gold (-2gpt)
[19:45] Sigma: I won't be asking if it's okay to press since there's no one here to stop me ;)
[19:45] Sigma: Bring it on Bismarck!! *crosses fingers*
[19:46] Sigma: Haha! A sword dies at the hand of one of our archers, and they lose a horse archer to our spearman, both in Basillica.
[19:46] Sigma: Take that Germany!
[19:47] Sigma: The chariot moves one square north and pillages a cottage - oh well, buildings can be rebuilt
[19:47] Sigma: A Russian horse archer comes into view at 3S2W of Basillica - Peter to the rescue!
[19:48] Sigma: A German sword comes into view SSE of Basillica with Combat II
[19:48] Sigma: An update on those battles - our spearman stayed at 4 health, and our archer dropped to 1.6/3 but has a promotion available
[19:51] Sigma: Nothing is said about promotions, so I will leave him unpromoted. There's not too many Germans around, and he'll be healed in 3 turns
[19:52] Sigma: Archer completed in NPC - the SoW instructions say to promote but it has no exp! Fortified in NPC.
[19:53] Sigma: No instructions are posted for NPC, and I think a military unit will be more useful than research atm, so a catapult started
[19:53] Sigma: Bismarck still won't talk to us...
[19:54] Sigma: I'm tempted to take out that chariot 1W of Basillica - the spearman has a 98%+ chance of winning... but the orders say do not attack any Germans so I'll leave him be.
[19:55] Sigma: A lot of workers and military units have moved toward their destinations automatically
[19:55] Sigma: And that looks like it for the turn. We hopefully shouldn't have any battles this time...
[19:57] Sigma: End of Turn 1 - Optics in 8, 40% Science, 77 Gold (-1gpt)
[19:57] Sigma: Here goes nothing...
[19:59] Sigma: IBT - German sword moves NW to be 1S of Basillica. Russian horse archer sweeps in and kills it! - down to 1.2/6 health
[19:59] Sigma: A German sword and horse archer, both with Combat II, come into view ESE of Basillica
[20:00] Sigma: The German chariot moves NE to 1N of Bassilica and pillages another cottage. This city may need some rebuilding by the time we are done...
[20:01] *** Sigma has signed off IRC (Read error: Connection reset by peer).
[20:02] *** Sigma has joined #turnchat.
[20:02] *** Mode change "+v Sigma" for channel #turnchat by Chieftess.
[20:03] Sigma: I'm moving the archer 2E to a jungle/hill (SSW of Toot) for the defensive bonuses - no sense losing the unit
[20:04] Sigma: Eastern worker stack completes road 4S of AC
[20:04] Sigma: Horse archer reinforcement (Ba garr d) arrives in basillica
[20:05] Sigma: Western worker stack begins road 1W of OS
[20:06] Sigma: Axe completed in Abydos, promoted Woodsman I, moving to eastern worker stack
[20:07] Sigma: Worker completed in AC, renamed Kilo, meeting up with eastern stack
[20:09] Sigma: Starting colosseum in AC, and catapult in Abydos
[20:10] Sigma: End of Turn 2 - Optics in 7, 40% Science, 71 Gold (-9gpt)
[20:11] Sigma: IBT - German horse archer moves to 1S of Basillica, killing Peter's. :( It's now at 4.3/6 health
[20:11] Sigma: German sword moves to 1E of Basillica
[20:12] Sigma: Chariot moves to 2N of Basillica, pillages village (it's now a hamlet)
[20:14] Sigma: The chariot is now 1SW of the archer that got cut off. I could try to run some more, but I'm going to fortify here and bait him to see if he attacks it. If he does, he'll be at a disadvantage, and hopefully kill his own unit.
[20:15] Sigma: Archer completed in Toot. Promoting Combat I and moving to Defense position 3.
[20:17] Sigma: The eastern worker stack is due to move, but it looks like their next location is within attacking range of the German chariot. They move to a more defensive position and will wait until the chariot moves or the axe arrives
[20:17] Sigma: Def1 c (sword) arrives at defense position 1 - fortified
[20:18] Sigma: CF garr a (archer) arrives at CF, fortified, Ba garr c (axe) sent to Basillica
[20:20] Sigma: Archer completed in Bas. Fortified, unpromoted.
[20:21] Sigma: Axeman started in toot, Crossbow started in Bas.
[20:21] Sigma: Bismarck is still being closed-minded.
[20:22] Sigma: End of Turn 3 - Optics in 7, 40% Science, 71 Gold (-9gpt)
[20:22] Sigma: Here's hoping our troops kick some German butt!
[20:23] Sigma: Well, no battles were fought, but he burned some cottages to the ground...
[20:23] Sigma: The Horse Archer 1S of Basillica pillages a hamlet twice into nothing
[20:24] Sigma: The sword 1E of Basillica pillages a village to a hamlet
[20:24] Sigma: And the Chariot 2N of Basillica pillages a hamlet twice
[20:24] Sigma: They didn't take the bait, guess I didn't give him enough credit :-/
[20:25] Sigma: Well at least I know what the workers will be doing once this war is over, assuming we still hold Basillica
[20:26] Sigma: ok now onto our movements -
[20:26] Sigma: Ba garr c moves one step closer to Bas
[20:29] Sigma: The other road builder guard has met up with the eastern roadbuilders - they will move out next turn
[20:29] Sigma: The western stack moves and completes another road
[20:30] Sigma: ok that's about it for this turn, battery on my laptop is about to die so I'm going to go run and get it
[20:32] Sigma: End of Turn 4 - Optics in 6, 40% Science, 62 Gold (-9gpt)
[20:33] Sigma: Here goes...
[20:33] Sigma: IBT - Now he's just toying with us...
[20:34] Sigma: He pillaged our farm 1NE of Bas with the chariot, and the hamlet down to a cottage with his sword
[20:34] Sigma: The Horse archer moves to 1W of Bas
[20:34] Sigma: Bas is now starving :-/, well at least they're not German
[20:36] Sigma: The horse archer is still weak from fighting Peter, and the axe would have a 66% shot at beating it, but again orders say not to attack, so it will fortify in the jungle to receive the defense bonus if Germans decide to attack
[20:37] Sigma: Crossbowman finished in CF, moved to Def 1 (instructed to promote but no exp)
[20:38] Sigma: Workers India and Juliet move to Toot to start clearing Jungle, we don't really have that much forest left to chop
[20:38] Chieftess: How goes the war?
[20:39] Sigma: We haven't lost any troops! :D
[20:39] Sigma: But they're pillaging the hell out of Basillica
[20:39] Chieftess: Is Russia at war with Germany, too?
[20:39] Sigma: yup
[20:39] Sigma: we saw them kill one of Germany's units, but other than that, we don't know what's going on
[20:40] Chieftess: Continental Heathen Warfare. :)
[20:41] Chieftess: Got any screenshots of the war?
[20:42] Sigma: yeah I can post one in just a sec
[20:42] Sigma: Catapult finished in CF, moves toward Defense 2
[20:42] Sigma: Catapults started in OS and CF
[20:42] Sigma: whoops it finished in OS ;)
[20:43] Sigma: End of Turn 5 - Optics in 5, 40% Science, 53 gold (-10gpt)
[20:43] Sigma: Uploading save and a screenshot for CT
[20:47] Sigma-PC: Save - (Link: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads1...et/uploads12/C4DG1_AD1298_turn5.Civ4SavedGame
[20:47] Chieftess: Time to start up the Random Music Generator! :)
[20:47] Chieftess: Now Playing: Like a Hurricane
[20:47] Sigma-PC: Screenie - (Link: http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/43...g56.imageshack.us/img56/4308/war1298ad8vz.jpg
[20:48] Sigma: That's not the same as "Rock me like a hurricane" is it? ;)
[20:48] Sigma: ok... press it?
[20:48] Chieftess: Crabengwë!
[20:48] Chieftess: I don't know - speakers are off.
[20:49] Sigma: lol
[20:49] Sigma: here goes
[20:50] Sigma: Well once again they don't attack, but now they've started pillaging our roads
[20:50] Sigma: They're making my job as MoI difficult...
[20:50] Chieftess: Might be best to pick them off if we can.
[20:50] Sigma: Orders by SoW say no attacking the Germans
[20:50] Chieftess: AI's kind of programmed to pillage if the chances aren't good.
[20:50] Chieftess: This isn't Civ3. They aren't as suicidal. :)
[20:50] Sigma: hehe
[20:51] Sigma: I might be stopping the TC here
[20:51] Chieftess: How specific were those instructions?
[20:51] Chieftess: i.e., don't attack them in their territory, or ours?
[20:51] Sigma: Alot of units are cut off from reinforcing or moving to their desired placement
[20:51] Chieftess: Let's consult the RMG! :yeah:
[20:51] Chieftess: Now Playing: Go Your Own Way
[20:51] Sigma: it says: Do not attack any Germans or move into their territory.
[20:51] Chieftess: I think it's saying... "Take it to the forums!"
[20:51] Sigma: well also...
[20:51] Sigma: Bismarck will talk to us now
[20:52] Chieftess: Old demogame joke.
[20:52] Sigma: The price for pease is to give him Basillica. To hell with that
[20:53] Chieftess: Tell Bismarck to go his own way!
[20:53] Sigma: hehe
[20:53] Sigma: Well, and I'm not sure if Cease Fires are covered in the section that says the citizens must vote on a peace treaty... but regardless, no instructions were given to try and get one
[20:54] Sigma: and I can't see if he'll accept it without actually going forward with it (even though I thought that was the idea anyway)
[20:54] Chieftess: Now Playing: Castles Made of Sand
[20:54] Sigma: what does that mean... build forts on the floodplains?
[20:56] Sigma: okay I'm going to end it here since we didn't account for tons of pillaging, and Bismarck will speak to us now
[20:56] Sigma: this will give our SoW some time to figure out how to deal with the pillagers, and see about getting a cease fire
[20:56] Chieftess: Now Playing: Take The Long Way Home
[20:57] Sigma: we could really use some more spears to take out Germany's mounted units
[20:57] Chieftess: I think it's saying, "Tell Bismark to take a hike!"

Good turn Sigma....too bad about the pillaging. SorrY i missed it..inlaws in town.:(

LEts see what price peace is and if we will accept a 10 turn cease fire.

We have a lot of units in the area and in 10 turns we could beeline straight for Berlin. I think in the future we need more flexibility for the DP to attact targets of opportunity liek that chariot you had a chance to kill at 98%.

Sigma said:
Oh, and I asked Bismarck what the price for peace was, and he asked for Basillica. I told him to go screw himself.

How diplomatic of you... ;)

Thanks for the TC Sigma - would have loved to have been there but you started at 1am my time :( . Looks like my next instructions need to be a little different. I was very afraid of losing a load of units and the war plan I had posted was a defensive one, so I didn't want to change that after having let people see it. Oh well, live and learn (and at least we're still living :) ).

Once I get back tonight I'll take a look at the save and try to come up with something. Anyone who sees the save in the meantime, please post in the War thread.

No problem Oldbus - it was your first time giving instructions as SoW. I know I wouldn't want to be in your seat right now. ;) And sorry it was so late, I wish I had thought about you being in England so I could've scheduled it earlier - I was here all day anyway.

Top Bottom