TCIT - 4000 BC - Monday, Mar 5 7:00pm CST (March 6 01:00 GMT)

ravensfire

Member of the Opposition
Term 1, Game Session 3, March 5 - 4000 BC

This will be an online session.
The Designated Player is: Ravensfire

Start Date/Time: Monday, March 5th, 7:00 pm CST
GMT: Tuesday , March 6th, 01:00

Relevant Links:
Current Save
Previous Turnchat Thread

Please use the "title" part of your instruction post to state your office title.

Objective: My intention is to play 15-20 turns, barring something unusual, so please try to have instructions for that length.

Instruction Checklist:
Chieftain - No instructions posted

Elder of ?? - No instructions posted

Citizen Initiative - None

Only elected/appointed officials or citizens posting initiative instructions may post in this thread!

Please use the DP thread in the Government subforum for questions/comments to the DP. Please use the officials' thread for comments to an official

Cheftain

No official Instructions. Within the hour I will announce the instructions or call a delay.

As per the Playing the Save Act of 4000 BC, no official have posted instructions for this game session. Current time is ~ 53 minutes prior to the scheduled start.

Playing the Save Act said:
Officials must post their instructions at least one hour before the scheduled start of the game session. Officials may make changes to their instructions up to an hour before the session, so long as those changes are clearly noted. Officials that do not post instructions for a game session are considered to have given the DP complete control over their area for that game session, even should they be at the game session.

I will be holding the session as scheduled.

All subsequent posts or edits by an official or citizen will be considered advice and suggestion.

-- Ravensfire

Game session started!

Karakorum founded, scout moved
http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/11651/Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG

Ending Save: http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/11651/C4DG2_BC3800_Turn4.Civ4SavedGame
Chat Log: http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/11651/C4DG2_BC4000_Chat_Log.zip

Quick summary: We've got our capital! Karakorum was founded in 4000BC. Our Scouts have performed valiantly, revealing Wheat, Stone and more Gold. While out exploring, they sighted a small village. After peaceful negotiations (reports about the daughter of the Chief are UNFOUNDED!), the village passed along a map to us. Although not quite what they wanted, the map revealed significant land to our north!

Session halted at this point to give direction to the Scouts.

Thanks to Bertie, 730195 and Octavian X for keeping me company! Sorry, DS, must have been a netsplit. I saw you on #turnchat earlier, but when I reconnected, you were gone.

-- Ravensfire

Nothing happening in #turnchat, hope the DP hasn't been abducted. ;)

Luckily, we didn't include the chain of command for play sessions in the rules for this game, yet.

Edit: evidently not...

That's what I put too, but it directs to a particular server. mine showed like this:

-
[03/05 17:24] -rollergirl.sg.as.irc-chat.net- *** Notice -- motd was last changed at 2/2/2003 12:29
-
Message of the Day, rollergirl.sg.as.irc-chat.net
-

If anyone has a log showing the motd, please post. :)

Sorry, DS. I don't log the main channel, just #turnchat and the special purpose ones I create (#judiciary).

Also, summary post updated with chat log!

All in all, an excellent beginning! The area revealed by the goody hut is MASSIVE!

-- Ravensfire

Can future screenshots that include friendly cities show full city details in the city bar? I don't think everyone can/will load the save everytime and it's so much easier to see the turns until the cities grows/finishes production.

Try using goldfish or dreaming. irc.irc-chat.net might take you to a random server. The last (gamers) is also known for splitting at times (I don't think it's connected anymore). Rollergirl splits maybe once a month or so.

Be thankful this isn't our OLD webserver we used to go to. Netsplits hourly, if not every 10 minutes. That put a strain on the Chain of Command rule! (if the DP doesn't show up within 10 minutes, go to the next in Chain of Command).

There's always Quakenet if things really mess up.

Top Bottom