1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

TCIT - (date) - Thursday May 17, 10:00 PM MST (-7) 0500 GMT Friday

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Democracy Game II' started by DaveShack, May 15, 2007.

1. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

Next play session is scheduled for Thursday May 17th at 10:00 PM MST. That's 0500 GMT on Friday, 1:00 AM EDT.
    DP: DaveShack
    Session Type: Online chat

Previous instruction thread
    Save

Please keep discussion to a minimum. Previous attempts to avoid discussion have been entirely unsuccessful, so might as well expect the inevitable.

2. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity Retired Moderator

Build queue:
    Axeman, Catapult, Catapult, Keshik, Axeman, Settler (heading for fishing village), Settler (heading for GP-farm).

Citizens:

After 5 turns, work the plains hills too. (I'm assuming that we will hook up silver again within 5 turns).

Lyons:
    I will be the governor of Lyons in case we capture it. Try to focus on growth there. Build a lighthouse.

Workers:
    Worker distribution among the various Aimags is still pretty vague :D
    #1 and #3 should finish the silver mine. When it's finished, sent worker #1 north (under control of Riversight worker). Worker #3 should hook-up resources in the NoneOfTheAbove/Equus Aurum area, starting with the wheat.
    Worker #4 should continue irrigating the tile is on. Then it should start roading from Riversight to Lyons (if it's safe to do that).

Stop:
    When someone declares war on us.
    If we've captured Lyons and you feel the time is right for making peace with Napoleon.
    If we've captured Lyons and Orleans.
    When both settlers are completed in NoneOfTheAbove.
    When all technology orders have been completed.

All comments, questions or critiques should be posted in the appropriate thread in the offices sub-forum.

3. Falcon02

Falcon02 General

Move 1 Keshik on Silver to Stack of Axemen SE of Lyons
    Send Axeman in Riversight to Lyons to attack Lyons.
    After Riversight Axeman attacks Lyons follow up with Axemen and Keshik SE of city to finish it off.

Recall Chariot South of Marsailles to Rhiems.
    Send 2 Axemen from Rhiems to Orleans, attack if odds favorable, if not wait for catapults and reinforcements from Lyons.

Keep Keshiks in NotA and to the east in area to defend against the impending French Landing. Stack them on the Horse tile for now. Also keep the Lone Catapult in reserve near or in EA in case the Keshiks need extra support against the spearmen. Once The landing force is fought back, keep 1 Keshik in reserve to fight off Barbarians, send 2 to the Barb City to the North (hold the attack until the city is size 2 to capture it) and send the rest (including the Catapult) to the French Front to help with Lyons and Orleans.

Avoid battles with poor odds when possible, and defend our resources.

Stop play if another civilzation declares war on us or if the war turns dramatically against us.

Note: Keshiks and Catapult in east have active Orders. Keshiks in NotA going to EA, the one between NotA and EA going to the Horses. Catapult is on it's way to NotA.

4. grant2004

grant2004 Citizen

Governor of Riversight

Begin with this citizen distribution in Riversight

The happiness limit is going to be a bit fluid in this turnchat depending on how the war goes, try to keep the population at the happiness limit, I expect it to grow to 7 when the silver is connected so at the start of the turnchat a priority is to grow to size 7.

The build queue should be as follows:
    Catapult
    Catapult
    Axeman
    Temple
    Forge
    Worker

If for any reason military production does not seem necessary you may cut the military units from the build queue.

Worker # should be arriving after a few turns, he should head north to the banana city. There he should chop the jungle on top of the hill south of the city and should then build a mine there, if time permits he should chop the jungle on top of the bananas and build a road.

(just as a side note the settler should found the banana city 1 north of its current location as instructed in the settlement plan thread)

The build queue for the banana city should be:
    Granary
    Library

I assume we won't even get to the library because production should be low, however if we get through both of those buildings you can use your discretion.

5. Hyronymus

Hyronymus Troop leader

Aimag of Coppertown (and Rheims!?)

Coppertown
    Workers
    • Let the nameless worker in Coppertown move towards Worker #2 and let the 2 of them mine the tile 2W of Coppertown and build a road to connect Rheims
    • Move both workers 2N of Coppertown and let them mine the hill there and also build a road
    • Build a road on the pasture 2N1E of Coppertown
    Citizens
    • Keep working the current tiles
    • Upond growth, place new citizen on the (forrested) hill 2N of Coppertown (that hill will be improved later)
    Build queue
    • Finish this Axeman, the build 2 catapults
    • After building catapults, see if more military units are required; if not: switch to Confucian Monastery, then Forge
    Rheims
    Workers
    • No specific orders at this time, the vicinity of Rheims is too dangerous at the moment
    Citizens
    • Upond growth, place new citizen on the mined hill 1N1E of Rheims
    Build queue
    • Finish the Barracks
    • Switch to Forge if no additional military units are required

6. robboo

robboo Deity

EA
    A bit late on my part. Finish current buikd then build an ax, the catapult. If time allows build forge.

Set tiles to allow slow growth.

7. Joe Harker

Joe Harker 1st in the Premiership!

Head Scientist
    Finish researching machinery and then research monarchy then if you get that far, research calender. Stop when calender is researched!

8. ordinaryguy

ordinaryguy Back to Civ!

I know I shouldn't post here, but I feel that this should be pointed out......

The poll here hasn't even closed yet. Please make a decision after the poll. I know that it would not close before the turnchat, but please wait until just before the turnchat starts to make the final decision. Thank you.

9. Joe Harker

Joe Harker 1st in the Premiership!

I know but i won't be here later(it will be 6 am in the morning where i am and i do have an exam tomorrow so i do want to be awake!), therefore i am taking the decicison based on the poll now. And i was planning on researching monarchy next anyway, which is in the lead in the poll, which isn't binding. However i do see your point and will make sure next time that the poll does finish before the next turnchat.
    Hope that clears up any confusion

10. DaveShack

Trade: None anticipated, but DP is free to explore and execute tech trades which are within 100 beakers of being equal value, that do not involve trading away our monopoly on Alphabet. If we no longer have that monopoly, then Alphabet is on the table too.

Demands: Don't give Alphabet, or anything worth more than 100g. If any demands come up, please record the actual wording so we can gauge if it's the actively hostile kind.

Workers: Priorities are reconnecting any resources lost (when safe to do so), tile improvements for Riversight, and war roads (when safe).

Peace: If France sends a peace offer which satisfies our war goals, the DP has discretion to accept or not depending on the tactical situation at the time.

Stop: If anyone else declares war on us, we lose one of our cities and cannot retake it, or we fall significantly behind in power.

11. Hyronymus

Hyronymus Troop leader

You forgot one order: name unnamed units.

12. DaveShack

Play session starting.

Instructions quoted for posterity
    Spoiler :

Preturn save.
    Turn 5 save.
    Turn 10 save.

Turn 14 ending save.

Quick summary:

Lyons captured!
    Invasion thwarted!
    Orleans captured!
    Banana city founded
    2 settlers enroute to fishing village and GP farm
    (however, Germans hold north edge of GP farm so will need to be diverted
    Many trades available

Chat log.

13. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

Looking forward to reading that turnchat log after I come back home from work! :goodjob:

14. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity Retired Moderator

Good choice (though you did violate a stop order :p)

15. DaveShack

Really? With so much stuff happening (good instructions BTW) I must have overlooked it, sorry.

16. Hyronymus

Hyronymus Troop leader