1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

TCIT - Friday May 4th 1:00 Eastern US GMT-5:00

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Democracy Game II' started by grant2004, Apr 30, 2007.

1. grant2004

grant2004 Citizen

Please only officials should post in this thread to give instructions for the upcomming turnchat

Offices:
    Chieftan: No instructions posted
    Elder of NoneOfTheAbove:
    Spoiler :
    Turn One:
    Work both farms (the grassland farm and the corn farm), 3 grassland forests, the plains hill mine and the grassland hill mine.

Turn Two:
    Worker requests: Worker #2 should mine the iron (the mine should be finished then). I'd like the other worker to move 1 east.
    Work both farms, 3 grassland forests, the plains hill mine and the mined iron.

Turn Three:
    Worker requests: Let Worker #2 and the other worker go to the forest 1 E of NoneOfTheAbove. Work the same tiles as last turn.

Turn Four:
    We should be revolting to Confucianism this turn.
    Worker requests: Let both workers chop the forest 1 E of NoneOfTheAbove.

Turn Five:
    The confucian missionary should now reach NoneOfTheAbove, spread Confucianism there.
    Work both farms, 2 grassland forests, the mined iron, 2 grassland hills and the plains hill. Keep this set-up until the farm is finished.
    Worker requests: Let both workers farm the tile they're on.

When the farm is finished:
    Move 1 citizen from a grassland forest to a grassland hill. The city should now be running food neutral.
    Worker requests: Send both workers towards Riversight, it needs improving. I suggest moving them to the unimproved floodplains and irrigate them. After they've done that, we should have finished Calendar, and one of them could start hooking up resources.

Build order:
    Forge
    Settler
    Settler

The first settler should be sent to the site A of my strategy thread.
    The second settler should be sent to Banana City, see the same thread.
    That should be it.

Stop when:
    Both settlers are finished.
    Someone declares war.

Elder of Equus Aurum:
    Spoiler :
    BEFORE TC starts adjust working tiles to this....
    work both gold hills, both farms that produce 4 food, horses and the village to the direct West(left) of the city

13 food/ 9 hammers/ 25 commerce( 29 science/3 taxes)

build que:
    Finish missionary..(send it to the capital??)
    Build forge.

Reasoning: Working tiles will allow slow growth, the population will increase after we get the forge. The Forge will increase our production here AND more importantly it trades one unhealthy for 2 happy faces. That will allow the city to grow by 2 and increase our gold output.

RANT...by starving my city last TC and wasting some of my food reserves, the DP's decision has slowed down the development of our commerce city by up to 10 turns.(depending on when they put my city in starvation). I am putting this here to ensure that this DP and others reading will not do this again to ANY city run by me without my permission. I carefully plan when my cities grow and this was a set back. ( I believe it would be in my right to start legal action....BUT I dislike that side of the game)

Elder of Riversight:
    Spoiler :
    Begin with this layout of work tiles

Spoiler:

Build Queue:
    Finish Axeman
    Worker
    Worker

Requested worker jobs:
    Mine forested hill north of the city
    Farm the 2nd flood plain tile

Elder of City(#4) Coppertown:
    Spoiler :
    Start with the citizens working these tiles (see also under Citizens - Turn 0)

Tile improvements

Turn 0: Finish irrigrating rice 1S2E of Coppertown
    Turn 1: Ungroup Worker #1 and Worker #3 and move Worker #3 to the Cows 2N1E of Coppertown
    Turn 2: Move Worker #1 to the Cows 2N1E of Coppertown and start construction of a pasture by Worker #3 on the same Cows 2N1E of Coppertown

Citizens
    Turn 0: Remove the citizen working the mine 1S1W of Coppertown and place it on the irrigrated grassland 1E of Coppertown
    Turn 1: Place the citizen working the irrigrated grassland 1E of Coppertown on the irrigrated Rice 1S2E of Coppertown
    Turn 5: check if the new citizen works the pasture with cows 2N1E of Coppertown (if not make citizens work this tile)

Build queue

Turn 0: Continue with construction of Barracks
    Turn 4: Start work on a Confucian Monastery
    Turn 11 Start work on a Forge

Warlord:
    Spoiler :
    Move the current Axeman (next to Riversight) to the Copper next to Coppertown (City #2), and fortify him on that tile.

Move 2 Chariots from Riversight to Coppertown (City #2).

End play if war is declared.

This turchat has been scheduled for Friday at 1:00 PM Eastern US time, that's 5:00 in GMT, at the request of the Chieftan that additional time be given for important strategic discussions.

Previous save (50 BC): http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/48994/C4DG2_BC50_Turn14.Civ4SavedGame

Previous instruction thread:
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=218832

2. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

Is that AM or PM? Also during DST, Eastern Daylight is GMT -4, not -5.

3. grant2004

grant2004 Citizen

Ah thank you for pointing that out, it's 1:00 PM, I'm not waking up for 1:00 AM :)

editing the post now

4. Furiey

Furiey No Longer Just Lurking

5. grant2004

grant2004 Citizen

Correct if you want to use military time it's 13:00 Eastern US and 17:00 GMT

6. Hyronymus

Hyronymus Troop leader

That's not military time, military time leaves the :'s out too. This is mainland European time, since AM/PM is something common in England only (originally).

7. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity Retired Moderator

19:00 Local time, that's great!

8. Hyronymus

Hyronymus Troop leader

I concur :), another turnchat I can attend!

9. dutchfire

Turn One:
    Work both farms (the grassland farm and the corn farm), 3 grassland forests, the plains hill mine and the grassland hill mine.

Turn Two:
    Worker requests: Worker #2 should mine the iron (the mine should be finished then). I'd like the other worker to move 1 east.
    Work both farms, 3 grassland forests, the plains hill mine and the mined iron.

Turn Three:
    Worker requests: Let Worker #2 and the other worker go to the forest 1 E of NoneOfTheAbove. Work the same tiles as last turn.

Turn Four:
    We should be revolting to Confucianism this turn.
    Worker requests: Let both workers chop the forest 1 E of NoneOfTheAbove.

Turn Five:
    The confucian missionary should now reach NoneOfTheAbove, spread Confucianism there.
    Work both farms, 2 grassland forests, the mined iron, 2 grassland hills and the plains hill. Keep this set-up until the farm is finished.
    Worker requests: Let both workers farm the tile they're on.

When the farm is finished:
    Move 1 citizen from a grassland forest to a grassland hill. The city should now be running food neutral.
    Worker requests: Send both workers towards Riversight, it needs improving. I suggest moving them to the unimproved floodplains and irrigate them. After they've done that, we should have finished Calendar, and one of them could start hooking up resources.

Build order:
    Forge
    Settler
    Settler

The first settler should be sent to the site A of my strategy thread.
    The second settler should be sent to Banana City, see the same thread.
    That should be it.

Stop when:
    Both settlers are finished.
    Someone declares war.

10. dutchfire

Rename City #2 to Coppertown. All orders mentioning City #2 should still be valid though.

11. Joe Harker

Joe Harker 1st in the Premiership!

Damn i have got cricket! :)

12. GeorgeOP

GeorgeOP RF Bleachers

I thought City #2 was Equus Aurum and City #4 was Coppertown?

13. grant2004

grant2004 Citizen

In order of founding yes, however the 4th city founded was named city #2 because it was the 2nd city present without a name at the time of founding. It's a bit confusing, but don't worry Equus Aurum won't have it's name changed...again :)

14. robboo

robboo Deity

Elder of Equus Aurum:

BEFORE TC starts adjust working tiles to this....
    work both gold hills, both farms that produce 4 food, horses and the village to the direct West(left) of the city

13 food/ 9 hammers/ 25 commerce( 29 science/3 taxes)

build que:
    Finish missionary..(send it to the capital??)
    Build forge.

Reasoning: Working tiles will allow slow growth, the population will increase after we get the forge. The Forge will increase our production here AND more importantly it trades one unhealthy for 2 happy faces. That will allow the city to grow by 2 and increase our gold output.

RANT...by starving my city last TC and wasting some of my food reserves, the DP's decision has slowed down the development of our commerce city by up to 10 turns.(depending on when they put my city in starvation). I am putting this here to ensure that this DP and others reading will not do this again to ANY city run by me without my permission. I carefully plan when my cities grow and this was a set back. ( I believe it would be in my right to start legal action....BUT I dislike that side of the game)

15. grant2004

grant2004 Citizen

Elder of Riversight:

Begin with this layout of work tiles
    Spoiler :

Build Queue:
    Finish Axeman
    Worker
    Worker

Requested worker jobs:
    Mine forested hill north of the city
    Farm the 2nd flood plain tile

16. Hyronymus

Hyronymus Troop leader

Elder of Coppertown

Start with the citizens working these tiles (see also under Citizens - Turn 0)
    Coppertown_Turn0_TC04052007.jpg

Tile improvements
    • Turn 0: Finish irrigrating rice 1S2E of Coppertown
    • Turn 1: Ungroup Worker #1 and Worker #3 and move Worker #3 to the Cows 2N1E of Coppertown
    • Turn 2: Move Worker #1 to the Cows 2N1E of Coppertown and start construction of a pasture by Worker #3 on the same Cows 2N1E of Coppertown

Citizens
    • Turn 0: Remove the citizen working the mine 1S1W of Coppertown and place it on the irrigrated grassland 1E of Coppertown
    • Turn 1: Place the citizen working the irrigrated grassland 1E of Coppertown on the irrigrated Rice 1S2E of Coppertown
    • Turn 5: check if the new citizen works the pasture with cows 2N1E of Coppertown (if not make citizens work this tile)

Build queue
    • Turn 0: Continue with construction of Barracks
    • Turn 4: Start work on a Confucian Monastery
    • Turn 11 Start work on a Forge

17. Falcon02

Falcon02 General

Move the current Axeman (next to Riversight) to the Copper next to Coppertown (City #2), and fortify him on that tile.

Move 2 Chariots from Riversight to Coppertown (City #2).

End play if war is declared.

18. grant2004

grant2004 Citizen

Turnchat complete

Turn 0 save

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/48994/C4DG2_BC-0050_turn_0.Civ4SavedGame

Turn 4 save

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/48994/C4DG2_AD-0075_turn_4.Civ4SavedGame

Turn 5 save

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/48994/C4DG2_AD-0100_turn_5.Civ4SavedGame

Summary:
    We traded with Cesar and received mathematics in exchange for horseback riding and priesthood, and began researching currency. Workers completed the rice farm and cow pasture near Coppertown, and near NoneOfTheAbove they chopped the forest east of the city. Confucianism spread in Lyons, Riversight and NoneOfTheAbove. We have officially adopted Confucianism as our state religion as has Napoleon.

Around turn 3 we noticed a French Galley heading towards Yasutan with two axemen aboard. On turn 5 the French declared war! They assaulted our silver mine, a chariot defending there killed one of the axemen, and damaged the other before being defeated.

Unfortunately I messed up and don't have the chat log from the session. If anyone can tell me how to collect one of those I'll be very happy, and I apologize for my mistake. I can tell you a good number of people attended and offered very effective advice and oversight.

19. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

Darn it, a work problem came up and I totally didn't realize that much time had passed. <expletives a mod can't use>

Sorry, I was worried about this at nomination time. :blush:

20. dutchfire

I guess the Warlord will have some work now :sad: