1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

TCIT Sat Apr 18 0900AZ (-7) 1600 UTC

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game Revival: Government' started by DaveShack, Apr 16, 2009.

  1. DaveShack

    DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 2, 2003
    Messages:
    13,108
    Location:
    Arizona, USA (it's a dry heat)
    This is the instruction thread for a play session to be held:
    Saturday Apr 18, 0900 AZ time (UTC -7)
    1600 UTC

    Starting save
     
  2. Zearo

    Zearo Part Time Revolutionary

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2009
    Messages:
    69
    Location:
    The Commune
    Foreighn Affairs: Don't declare War
     
  3. Bowsling

    Bowsling Chieftain

    Joined:
    Nov 14, 2008
    Messages:
    5,000
    Location:
    Ontario, Canada
    Defense: Nothing special. Just do what seems best.
     
  4. Falcon02

    Falcon02 General

    Joined:
    Dec 11, 2001
    Messages:
    3,100
    Location:
    Maryland, USA
    Rhiannon

    Build Queue

    1.) Temple (current)
    2.) Spearman
    3.) Barracks
    4.) Granary (doubt turnchat will last long enough to get to this one)

    No changes to worker allocation necessary at this time.
     
  5. Cyc

    Cyc Looking for the door...

    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2002
    Messages:
    14,736
    Location:
    Behind you
    As an extention of the last T/C, our first Settler should go to location #5. Try to avoid the Barbs. Our second Settler, if we produce one, should go to location #4. Unless we haven't cleared the barbs out. Then location #1 (Due South) is appropriate.

    Culture, culture, culture!
     
  6. Cyc

    Cyc Looking for the door...

    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2002
    Messages:
    14,736
    Location:
    Behind you
    Complete the Worker.

    We'd like to move one of our citizens working the fields. The one working the Bonus Grasslands can be moved to the wheat fields. This will help us recooperate from building the Worker, in 1 turn as opposed to four. Becuse our city limits will expand in 1 turn, we will be able to work the Gold Mountain.

    After the Worker is complete, we'd like the President to look at building a Settler. If the numbers work out, that's what we'd like to do, as building the road to the Capital will take a while.

    Please road the tobbacco on the way to the Capital.
     
  7. DaveShack

    DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 2, 2003
    Messages:
    13,108
    Location:
    Arizona, USA (it's a dry heat)
    If you have the time, screen shots of the locations would help, but it's not essential.
     
  8. Furiey

    Furiey No Longer Just Lurking

    Joined:
    Nov 18, 2003
    Messages:
    6,344
    Location:
    Bedfordshire UK
  9. Bowsling

    Bowsling Chieftain

    Joined:
    Nov 14, 2008
    Messages:
    5,000
    Location:
    Ontario, Canada
    Granary (current)
    Temple (unless already built)
    Archer
     
  10. TheOverseer714

    TheOverseer714 Overseer

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2007
    Messages:
    5,077
    Location:
    Ohio
    More shields as they come available. Any new citizens through growth should be placed onto developed tiles where possible. Should we get beat to the Colossus, place the city to build Palace until we decide what to do.

    Edit: can we build an embassy to spy on the fomorach as to progress on their Colossus?
     
  11. Cyc

    Cyc Looking for the door...

    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2002
    Messages:
    14,736
    Location:
    Behind you
    Don't mean to step on Zearo's toes here, but we'd need 8 times the gold we have now to get tht done. ;)
     
  12. civplayah

    civplayah fronter

    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2007
    Messages:
    3,832
    Location:
    North Carolina
    Governor: All the cities are doing fabulously, keep them doing what they're doing.
     
  13. DaveShack

    DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 2, 2003
    Messages:
    13,108
    Location:
    Arizona, USA (it's a dry heat)
    Enter anarchy after the settler finishes. Choose Republic as new government.
     
  14. DaveShack

    DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 2, 2003
    Messages:
    13,108
    Location:
    Arizona, USA (it's a dry heat)
    Quoting instructions:
    Play session starting.

    Summary:
    We're in Republic now
    Lit researched
    We missed Colossus and Oracle. Prebuild now on Mausoleum -- recommend Great Library
    England demanded tech, we politely refused. She'll be cross if we do it again :lol:
    Aerona founded, 1 settler walking, another due in 1 turn

    Spoiler chat log :

    01[08:56] <!DaveShack> howdy
    01[08:56] <!DaveShack> yes, now is the time
    01[09:02] <!DaveShack> The game is loaded. Setting build queues
    01[09:02] <!DaveShack> all are correct, no changes
    01[09:03] <!DaveShack> no preturn actions needed
    01[09:04] <!DaveShack> check that -- discussion was change research to literature
    01[09:05] <!DaveShack> end of turn 0, 1275BC, 6g -3gpt, Lit in 11
    01[09:05] <!DaveShack> hitting enter
    01[09:08] <!DaveShack> Turn 1
    01[09:08] <!DaveShack> workers road a bg, will mine next turn
    01[09:09] <!DaveShack> and road approach to Rhiannon
    01[09:09] <!DaveShack> Send a warrior towards the west to counter the barb threat
    01[09:10] <!DaveShack> with gold loss equal to treasury, must drop science a notch to 90%, lit in 12
    01[09:11] <!DaveShack> end of turn 1, 1250 bc, 3g +1gpt 90%
    [09:12] <Bowsling> fine with me.
    [09:13] <Bowsling> how many barbs are causing a threat?
    01[09:13] <!DaveShack> Tara finishes a settler, starts spear
    01[09:13] <!DaveShack> 3 horse, 1 warrior. the horses went north, warrior is headed in
    01[09:17] <!DaveShack> settler and escort depart west for location 5, unless the barb horses reverse course
    [09:17] <Bowsling> wait for another warrior and another archer if possible before attacking
    01[09:18] <!DaveShack> yeah, staying forted on defensive ground till then
    01[09:18] <!DaveShack> unless an improvement is threatened
    01[09:20] <!DaveShack> the people have plotted to institute a republic. anarchy reigns
    01[09:21] <!DaveShack> 2 turns according to in-game domestic advisor (DG advisor expected 1 turn)
    01[09:21] <!DaveShack> people seem to be happy enough that no riots should result
    01[09:22] <!DaveShack> end of turn 2, 1225 BC, 4g +0gpt, in anarchy
    [09:23] <Bowsling> ugh, two turns? i heard it is based on size, yet when I was the celts in one game and i ruled one of the two standard-world contents, and it took me two.
    01[09:23] <!DaveShack> IBT Byzantine warrior does us a favor and kills an off-screen barb
    01[09:24] <!DaveShack> the barb horses move back to their old more threatening location.
    01[09:25] <!DaveShack> there is still a random component to anarchy, even with religious
    01[09:26] <!DaveShack> end of turn 3, 1200 BC 4g-0gpt, anarchy
    01[09:28] <!DaveShack> IBT the barb warrior kills our vet in Molly, and a barb horse kills our warrior on the hill, no barb losses
    01[09:28] <!DaveShack> brutal... someome must have missed their tithe to the RNG :(
    [09:29] <Bowsling> oops. my fault. I ran out of incense last night!:/
    01[09:30] <!DaveShack> We are now a republic. With science at 30% we break even and lit is due in 16
    03[09:30] * Falcon02 (~Falcon02@f5eb36d.6a63aef.md.comcast.net) has joined #turnchat
    [09:30] <Falcon02> Howdy
    01[09:30] <!DaveShack> surely that's because Tara lost pop to the settler
    01[09:30] <!DaveShack> hi falc
    01[09:31] <!DaveShack> we're a republic, and the barbs are way too lucky for my taste
    [09:31] <Falcon02> ew..
    01[09:32] <!DaveShack> they killed a forted vet in a city, and a forted reg on a hill, with no losses! :(
    [09:32] <Falcon02> ... wow
    [09:32] <Falcon02> only Warriors I assume though
    [09:32] <Falcon02> not Spearmen
    01[09:32] <!DaveShack> right
    [09:33] <Falcon02> turn #?
    01[09:33] <!DaveShack> turn 4
    [09:34] <Falcon02> 'k
    [09:36] <Bowsling> have to go. bye
    [09:36] <Falcon02> see ya
    01[09:36] <!DaveShack> 1175 BC, 4g +0gpt, Republic, sci=30, lit in 16
    01[09:36] <!DaveShack> bye
    02[09:37] * Bowsling (461813b9@d0a9903.6b45bb2.mibbit.com) Quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
    [09:38] <Falcon02> has Rhiannon Grown yet?
    01[09:39] <!DaveShack> Moira finishes a granary, starts archer
    01[09:39] <!DaveShack> Rhiannon is pop 2
    [09:40] <Falcon02> ok
    [09:40] <Falcon02> good
    01[09:43] <!DaveShack> the settler and escorts arrive at Molly. This allows the MP to kill the barb warrior
    01[09:43] <!DaveShack> and the worker can now irrigate the wheat
    [09:44] <Falcon02> Are the Horses hooked up yet?
    01[09:52] <!DaveShack> no, there's no way to protect a worker that close to the border
    [09:52] <Falcon02> okay
    01[09:52] <!DaveShack> we're going to have to pay some gold for a couple more spears and road like crazy to offset it
    [09:52] <Falcon02> Rhiannon working on that Spearman?
    [09:52] <Falcon02> or still the Temple?
    01[09:52] <!DaveShack> still 5 turns on the temple
    01[09:53] <!DaveShack> 2 turns of anarchy
    [09:53] <Falcon02> ok
    01[09:55] <!DaveShack> turn 5 save is uploaded
    01[09:55] <!DaveShack> 1150 BC, 5g -1gpt, 30% lit=15, colossus=15
    01[09:56] <!DaveShack> can wait if you want to look, or go on
    [09:56] <Falcon02> go on, no access to a C3C install at the moment
    01[09:57] <!DaveShack> Persia finishes the Colossus
    01[09:58] <!DaveShack> English switch to Pyramids
    01[10:01] <!DaveShack> Tara goes unhappy, hires a scientist
    01[10:01] <!DaveShack> Molly works the gold hill
    01[10:01] <!DaveShack> now +2gpt instead of -1
    01[10:03] <!DaveShack> that's weird - Maeve can't build palace as an alternative
    [10:03] <Falcon02> hmm
    01[10:03] <!DaveShack> switched to Oracle for now, 25 turns
    01[10:03] <!DaveShack> other choise is Mausoleum in 14
    [10:03] <Falcon02> didn't CFC add a requirement for Masonry for the Palace?
    [10:04] <Falcon02> CFC -> C3C
    [10:04] <Falcon02> I say Oracle for now gives more time
    [10:04] <Falcon02> other option is to bring it back to the forums...
    [10:05] <Falcon02> not sure that's neccisary though
    01[10:05] <!DaveShack> aha, Masonry
    01[10:05] <!DaveShack> nothing will finish in the 5 turns anyway
    [10:05] <Falcon02> yeah, and we wouldn't switch to something that would lose us the shields
    01[10:06] <!DaveShack> the Oracle would be cool, we already have a happieness problem
    01[10:09] <!DaveShack> end of turn 6, 1125 BC, 4g +2gpt, lit in 11
    01[10:10] <!DaveShack> Tara finishes a spear and starts a temple
    01[10:10] <!DaveShack> Byzantines start the Pyramids
    01[10:10] <!DaveShack> And the oracle
    01[10:12] <!DaveShack> Byzantines have map making
    01[10:13] <!DaveShack> another option for Maeve is to finish lit and then do the great library
    [10:14] <Falcon02> that would be good
    01[10:14] <!DaveShack> end of turn 7, 1100 BC, 6g +0gpt, lit in 10
    [10:15] <Falcon02> Give us the ability to decrease research, increase luxuries
    01[10:16] <!DaveShack> Moira finishes archer, starts worker
    01[10:19] <!DaveShack> Maeve would be unhappy, hires scientist
    02[10:19] * Falcon02 (~Falcon02@f5eb36d.6a63aef.md.comcast.net) Quit (Ping timeout: 181 seconds)
    01[10:19] <!DaveShack> end of turn 8, 1075BC 6g -3gpt lit in 8
    03[10:21] * Falcon02 (~Falcon02@f5eb36d.6a63aef.md.comcast.net) has joined #turnchat
    01[10:21] <!DaveShack> horses roaded
    [10:22] <Falcon02> Good
    01[10:22] <!DaveShack> end of turn 9, 1050 BC, 5g +0gpt, lit in 7
    01[10:30] <!DaveShack> The town of Aerona is founded on site 5
    01[10:31] <!DaveShack> Moira finishes worker, and now we have a slight problem
    01[10:31] <!DaveShack> units are costing us a fortune and there is nothing useful to build
    01[10:32] <!DaveShack> I normally just gather wealth in this case, but it doesn't seem to get us much
    [10:32] <Falcon02> hmm
    [10:33] <Falcon02> what's the current Unit upkeep?
    01[10:33] <!DaveShack> 30
    [10:33] <Falcon02> ouch
    [10:34] <Falcon02> we have that many units?
    [10:35] <Falcon02> I'll have to look at it in the save when I get back to a computer with C3C
    01[10:35] <!DaveShack> think I'll go with a settler
    01[10:36] <!DaveShack> one cure for low gpt is to expand like mad
    [10:36] <Falcon02> and roading
    01[10:36] <!DaveShack> lots of roads in the works :)
    01[10:37] <!DaveShack> end of turn 10, 1025 BC, 5g +1gpt, lit in 5
    01[10:38] <!DaveShack> settler in 5 too, so would be good to extend out till then
    03[10:38] * Falcon03 (~Falcon02@f5eb36d.6a63aef.md.comcast.net) has joined #turnchat
    [10:38] <Falcon03> net connection messed up
    02[10:39] * Falcon02 (~Falcon02@f5eb36d.6a63aef.md.comcast.net) Quit (Ping timeout: 182 seconds)
    03[10:40] * Falcon03 is now known as Falcon02
    01[10:40] <!DaveShack> ack!
    01[10:40] <!DaveShack> The vile English demand writing!
    [10:41] <Falcon02> Politely turn them down... but give them a barrel of rotting fish instead
    01[10:41] <!DaveShack> She's very disappointed... we'd better not do it again or she'll be cross lol
    01[10:42] <!DaveShack> it is 1000BC, remember to submit your QSC :D
    [10:42] <Falcon02> we need to make sure our Military is ready in case they declare war first
    [10:43] <Falcon02> and make sure we have an economy to support them...
    01[10:44] <!DaveShack> we have a couple of archers over there but without iron aren't especially strong yet
    01[10:46] <!DaveShack> end of turn 11, 1000 BC, 6g +1gpt, lit in 4
    01[10:48] <!DaveShack> Tara finishes temple, starts spear
    01[10:53] <!DaveShack> no, settler. Molly is working on a spear that can escort
    01[10:53] <!DaveShack> end of turn 12, 975 BC, 7g +2gpt, Lit in 4
    01[10:55] <!DaveShack> exploration continues looks like there might be room for someone on the other side of the Byzantines
    01[10:56] <!DaveShack> roading continues
    01[10:56] <!DaveShack> end of turn 13, 950 BC, 9g +3gpt, lit in 3
    [10:57] <Chieftess> How's the TC going?
    [10:57] <Chieftess> Hey, DS - can you add me to channel admin again? I guess it dropped registration.
    01[10:57] <!DaveShack> going well, we're a Republic
    [10:57] <Chieftess> My script keeps trying to voice people, but it can't. :)
    03[10:57] * DaveShack sets mode: +o Chieftess
    01[10:58] <!DaveShack> I know how to op :)
    01[10:58] <!DaveShack> don't remember the trick for admin, will look that up
    01[10:58] <!DaveShack> or you can send instructions
    [10:58] <@Chieftess> type /chanserv aop #turnchat add Chieftess
    01[10:59] -> *chanserv* aop #turnchat add Chieftess
    01[10:59] <!DaveShack> added /msg to it, seems to have worked
    03[10:59] * @Chieftess (~jgasioro@Network-Admin.irc-chat.net) has left #turnchat
    03[10:59] * Chieftess (~jgasioro@Network-Admin.irc-chat.net) has joined #turnchat
    03[10:59] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Chieftess
    01[11:00] <!DaveShack> Ottomans build the Oracle. we were using it as a prebuild :(
    01[11:03] <!DaveShack> switch to Mausoleum
    01[11:03] <!DaveShack> expect the citizens will pick the GL once we've finished lit
    01[11:03] <!DaveShack> end of turn 14, 925 BC, 12g +3gpt, lit in 2
    [11:04] <Falcon02> you playing to lit?
    01[11:04] <!DaveShack> yup
    [11:04] <Falcon02> ok
    01[11:04] <!DaveShack> lower sci to 20%, +9gpt, lit still in 2
    [11:04] <Falcon02> let's just hope no one else dos Mausoleum
    01[11:05] <!DaveShack> or we can go with 40%, lit in 1
    [11:05] <Falcon02> Id say lit in 1 at this point
    [11:05] <Falcon02> someone else builds the Mausoleum with 1 turn still left to lit I don't think we have any other pre-builds
    01[11:05] <!DaveShack> true
    03[11:06] * @Chieftess (~jgasioro@Network-Admin.irc-chat.net) has left #turnchat
    03[11:06] * Chieftess (~jgasioro@Network-Admin.irc-chat.net) has joined #turnchat
    03[11:06] * ChanServ sets mode: +ao Chieftess Chieftess
    [11:06] <Falcon02> what's the gpt then? 0? -6?
    [11:06] <!Chieftess> hmm, there's still a mystery script trying to do something (it probably worked when I was the channel owner)
    01[11:07] <!DaveShack> cool, -4 gpt with only 1 overflow
    [11:07] <!Chieftess> BTW, what version of C3C is being used? x.22?
    01[11:07] <!DaveShack> guess so, whatever the last official one was
    01[11:08] <!DaveShack> Lit finishes, select IW for now
    01[11:08] <!DaveShack> Moira finishes settler, starts lib
    01[11:10] <!DaveShack> set sci at 30%
    01[11:11] <!DaveShack> End of turn 15, 900BC, 8g -1gpt, IW in 7 (pending discussion)
    01[11:11] <!DaveShack> 1 settler ready, 1 next turn, prebuild MoM in 5 (GL?)
    01[11:12] <!DaveShack> time to stop -- saving and uploading
    [11:13] <Falcon02> alright, did Rhionno ever finish the Temple?
    01[11:16] <!DaveShack> yes, and expanded
     

    Attached Files:

  15. DaveShack

    DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    Feb 2, 2003
    Messages:
    13,108
    Location:
    Arizona, USA (it's a dry heat)
    Screenshots Galore!











































     
  16. Cyc

    Cyc Looking for the door...

    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2002
    Messages:
    14,736
    Location:
    Behind you
    Excellent Turn Session and reporting, President DaveShack. Good decision making all the way around. I especially like the way you blocked the Fomorach in the North. Luck or not, it's the perfect location.
     

Share This Page