1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

TCIT Wednesday Aprill 11 @ 1700 GMT (Noon CDT)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Democracy Game II' started by Methos, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Methos

Methos HoF Quattromaster Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

Term 2, Game Session #2, April 11th - 1080 BC

This will be an online session.
    The Designated Player is: Methos

Start Date/Time: Wednesday, April 11th, 12:00 pm CDT (GMT-5)
    GMT: Wednesday, April 11th, 17:00

Relevant Links:
    Current Save
    Previous Turnchat Thread

Please use the "title" part of your instruction post to state your office title.

Objective: My intention is to play up to 15 turns, barring something unusual, so please try to have instructions for that length.

Only elected/appointed officials or citizens posting initiative instructions should post in this thread!

Please use the DP thread in the Government subforum for questions/comments to the DP. Please use the officials' thread for comments to an official

2. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity Retired Moderator

NoneOfTheAbove
    Prioritize growth until max. happiness is reached. Build barracks, chariot, settler.

Stop when we discover Alphabet!
    Stop if someone declares war on us.

3. NKVD

NKVD Cossack

i was wondering if you guys needed maps even if only 2 turns were played last turnchat. I didnt publish any because i thought it was pointless for only 2 turns

4. robboo

robboo Deity

Continue with orders form last turn...

Build Queue
    Continue with current build queue, with Barracks added to the end, don't expect to start work on Barracks this session though.

Working Tiles
    After growth begin working the Gold tile directly to the NE which should have been recently mined by the Workers currently there.

/if we need a worker or settler some one let me know. We can provide them once we get a decent population.

5. Methos

Sorry guys, but I'm going to have to reschedule the TCIT. The internet is down, so I have no access at home. Odd thing is, my provider Emparq hi-speed is saying that most of Missouri will be down until 12:52 pm. I'm currently at the library in order to let everyone know. They charged me $2 to replace my library card!

I can try again this afternoon when it comes back up, but until it does I have no idea what time I'll be able to play. Is that allowed? Can I just get online and state I'm going to play in the next hour? If not, I'll reschedule until tomorrow.

6. Methos

:woohoo:

Internet is back up and just in time! I'll give everyone a few minutes to see if anyone shows.

7. Methos

Current instructions:

It appears the Chieftain failed to get his instructions in on time.

8. Methos

Turn 0, 1080 BC: Worker #3 W-SW. Gold+Cows settled, begins warrior. I put a barracks on the back of the queue list in FH.
    Stats: 115 gold (-3 gpt); Alphabet (100% 6 turns); NotA Barracks (3 turns); Falcon's Haven (Library 14 turns); Gold+Cows Warrior (15 turns); Worker #1 silver mine (4 turns); Worker #2 gold mine (done)
    IT Nappy's settler/Axe group head back to the SW.

Turn 1, 1040 BC: Worker #3 begins a cottage (4 turns). George's Eye S-S-SE. Worker #2 S into the forest. Rename the chariot to Chariot #1. Chariot #1 E-NE.
    Stats: 112 gold (-3 gpt); Alphabet 100% (5 turns); NotA Barracks (2 turns); Falcon's Haven (Library 13 turns); Gold+Cows Warrior (14 turns); Worker #1 silver mine (3 turns); Worker #3 cottage (4 turns)
    IT Nappy's settler/axe group S to the coast (near clams). Roman warrior appears to the NE of FH. Roman scout appears north of Gold+Cows.

Turn 2, 1000 BC: Worker #2 begins chopping the forest (3 turns, +20 hammers). George's Eye SE-SE and spots another Roman city. Chariot #1 NE-E.
    Stats: 109 gold (-3 gpt); Alphabet 100% (4 turns); NotA Barracks (1 turns); Falcon's Haven (Library 12 turns); Gold+Cows Warrior (13 turns); Worker #1 silver mine (2 turns); Worker #2 Forrest chop (3 turns); Worker #3 cottage (3 turns)
    IT NotA Barracks -> Chariot (3 turns). Roman city of Lyons is founded:

Turn 3, 975 BC: Chariot #1 goes on sentry duty, to watch for barbs and keep the fog back. George's Eye NE-SE. FH will grow this turn.
    Stats: 106 gold (-3 gpt); Alphabet 100% (3 turns); NotA Chariot (3 turns); Falcon's Haven (Library 11 turns); Gold+Cows Warrior (12 turns); Worker #1 silver mine (1 turns); Worker #2 Forrest chop (2 turns); Worker #3 cottage (2 turns)
    IT A forest grows near NotA (2N of the city)

Turn 4, 950 BC: Worker #1 N-N to plains hill. George's Eye E-SE and spots a german borders. Chop complete, hammers invested in FH. Adjusting citizen allocation, now working the cottaged river grass tile.
    Stats: 103 gold (-3 gpt); Alphabet 100% (2 turns); NotA Chariot (2 turns); Falcon's Haven (Library 6 turns); Gold+Cows Warrior (11 turns)
    IT

Turn 5, 925 BC: Worker #2 begins cottage (4 turns). George's Eye NW-NE due to german borders. Worker #1 begins mine (4 turns). Worker #3 E-E.
    Stats: 100 gold (-3 gpt); Alphabet 100% (1 turns); NotA Chariot (1 turns); Falcon's Haven (Library 5 turns); Gold+Cows Warrior (10 turns); Worker #1 mine (4 turns); Worker #2 cottage (4 turns)
    IT NotA Chariot -> Settler. Alphabet -> Mathematics.

Turn 6, 900 BC:
    Stats: 97 gold (-3 gpt); Mathematics 100% (14 turns); NotA Settler (9 turns); Falcon's Haven (Library 4 turns); Gold+Cows Warrior (9 turns); Worker #1 mine (3 turns); Worker #2 cottage (3 turns)

Notes:
    • I renamed the new chariot to Chariot #2. He still has full movement.
    • NotA will grow in 1 turn, so I suggest putting the settler off for one turn to allow the additional growth.

Here's a shot of our current empire:

Here's our possible trades:

JC is willing to trade us either Archery or Fishing for Pottery, but not both.

Here's the 900 BC save.

9. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

Why did Caesar found the city of Lyons and then gift it to the French? And where did his settler come from? :lol:

10. Methos

Whoops.... :blush:

11. ordinaryguy

ordinaryguy Back to Civ!

It looks like our trading options are few. Discussion is needed.

Edit: Could you please post a screenshot of our tech tree?

12. dutchfire

dutchfire Deity Retired Moderator

Do you have a chatlog? Just curious if anyone showed up after I left.

13. Methos

No, I don't. Ice showed up briefly, but had to leave as well. In other words the chatlog became nothing but "Turn X ending, pressing enter."

14. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

Chieftess will probably have a log. I might also, don't remember if mIRC was left running that day or not.

15. NKVD

NKVD Cossack

I think it's already time for a science office that would publish tables of possible trades no?