1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Teabagger wishes to hang Senator Murray. Crowd erupts in boisterous laughter.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by sumit1207, Feb 18, 2010.

1. sumit1207

sumit1207 Prince

These guys are so much fun. :D
    Isn't this illegal in some way? Or is that just concerning the President?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100219/ap_on_re_us/us_tea_party_hang_senator
    I guess this is where you respond with accounts of liberals calling for Palin's execution, etc. Go nuts.

EDIT: I looked up what "geld" means. Yikes.

2. Owen Glyndwr

Owen Glyndwr La Femme Moderne

It's all fun and games until someone actually does it...:(

3. Merkinball

Merkinball Deity

If it was illegal to the president, then thousands of anti-Bush fundies would be behind bars right now...

4. Bill3000

Bill3000 OOOH NOOOOOOO! Supporter

I remember quite a few cases in the news, actually. I do know that it's illegal and the FBI investigates every case.

5. JollyRoger

JollyRoger Slippin' Jimmy Supporter

Just a bunch of rope-a-dope.

6. madviking

madviking north american scum

and yet they are still a political force in the US...? They kinda remind me of the Jacobin from the French Rev sadly.

7. innonimatu

innonimatu Deity

nah, the jacobins actually managed to get some heads rolling - and their own, eventually.

8. Cheetah

Cheetah Deity

Death-threats are illegal. If she can argue that it was satire or such however, she didn't do anything wrong.

At least that's the laws in Norway I believe.

9. gf1990

gf1990 Chieftain

ITT:

wat is hyperbole?

10. Arwon

Arwon

Not that these kooks aren't already being monitored, but they'll now be getting extra close scrutiny by the crazy people monitoring divisions of the Secret Service and FBI.

11. Owen Glyndwr

Owen Glyndwr La Femme Moderne

What do you mean?

12. ParkCungHee

ParkCungHee Deity

You know, if they actually had a "Crazy people monitoring division" I'd consider a career in the FBI.

13. Nares

Nares Emperor

Left-wing plant.

The key is to recognize that it was a local television station who found a "unidentified woman."

If you want to use random participants in a political demonstration as a basis for judging the entire movement, we could easily describe the Democrat party in terms of the <removed>-chuckers who made it to Denver to support their presidential nominee back in '08.

Literally, they threw <removed>. I never found out if it was their own, or if they just raided the port-a-potties.

14. Patroklos

Patroklos Deity

Yeah, um, there is a whole party and movement that gleefully talks about machine gunning very specific people against walls all the time. They are called Communists, and they are very serious about it and several of them are not at all shy about saying so here on CFC.

Seriously, when you lefties get your panties in a wad over this kind of stuff it really is self defeating.

15. RedRalph

RedRalph Deity

But Patroklos, you hang negroes.

Seriously, do you think this is OK just because someone else did it? You're a little bit more sophisticated than that, aren't you?

16. Winner

Winner Diverse in Unity

I misread "hang" from the thread title as "bang" and was confused for a moment...

17. Patroklos

Patroklos Deity

I hang negros?

No, I don't think it is okay because someone else did it, I think it is okay because such rhetorical exercises are common place. Unless you have some evidence that this was not hyperbole like 99% of the other times pretty much all of us wish violence on a politician from time to time, this is just baseless whining of a ridiculous sort.

How many millions or people, from all walks of life, use the prase "I hope California falls off into the Pacific"? Should they all be chastized for actually wanting 30 million people to die?

As for the Communists they really do want people to die, via murder, and are unapologetic about it. Yet even in this extreme case very few even take them seriously either, so what is the big deal about the OP?

18. ParkCungHee

ParkCungHee Deity

19. Patroklos

Patroklos Deity

Oh, I didn't realize just how stupid that reference was going to be :(

20. RedRalph

RedRalph Deity

So do you disagree with the US secret service investigating me if I said I wanted to kill a certain very high-ranking government official? If you are consistent it's fine, I'd more or less agree with you, but the lack of judgement here is incredible (on the part of the subject of the OP)