Teabagger wishes to hang Senator Murray. Crowd erupts in boisterous laughter.

sumit1207

Prince
These guys are so much fun. :D
Isn't this illegal in some way? Or is that just concerning the President?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100219/ap_on_re_us/us_tea_party_hang_senator
SPOKANE, Wash. – A speaker at an eastern Washington "tea party" gathering
called for U.S. Sen. Patty Murray, D-Wash., to be hanged, drawing laughter and applause from the crowd.
The unidentified woman, captured by a local television crew while speaking from the podium Saturday, told the crowd in Clarkston that Murray should suffer the same fate as the character Jake in the western "Lonesome Dove."
"What happened to Jake when he ran with the wrong crowd?" the woman asked. "He got hung. And that's what I want to do with Patty Murray."
The crowd erupted in laughter at the comment.
Organizers estimated that approximately 500 people attended the weekend meeting of the Lewis & Clark Tea Party Patriots, held at the Asotin County Fairgrounds.
Television station KLEW of Lewiston, Idaho, which recorded the comment, did not get the woman's name.
Event organizer Dianne Capps said the woman's remark was not made in malice. The speaker was on stage briefly to introduce the band, and organizers did not know who she was, Capps said.
Another organizer, Doug Schurman, added that anyone was welcome to speak at the gathering.
Murray's campaign manager, Carol Albert, said Thursday the woman's comments were not productive.
Albert said Murray shares the frustrations of many people at the slow pace of the economy and partisan gridlock in Washington, D.C.
"But positions like that taken by the Tea Party spokesperson have never solved a problem," Albert said in a statement. "What people want right now is for people to come together to find solutions, not more rhetoric that drives us apart."
Murray, a liberal senator from the Seattle area, is seeking a fourth term this year. Among the Republicans who have announced plans to challenge her are two small-government conservatives: Clint Didier, an eastern Washington farmer who formerly played football for the Washington Redskins, and state Sen. Don Benton of Vancouver.
Didier has participated at previous tea party events, but it was unclear if he attended Saturday's gathering. His spokesman did not immediately return a call Thursday.
The meeting also featured signs that read "Geld Obama" and "B.O. Stinks."
The tea party movement has brought together a broad coalition of retirees, stay-at-home moms, small-business owners, corporate executives and others who are frustrated about the direction of the nation and want to take back control.
The coalition is decidedly conservative and libertarian, and has spoken out harshly against President Barack Obama and the Democratic-controlled Congress. They have also been critical of Republicans.
Clarkston sits near the Idaho border and is about 100 miles south of Spokane.

I guess this is where you respond with accounts of liberals calling for Palin's execution, etc. Go nuts.

EDIT: I looked up what "geld" means. Yikes.

It's all fun and games until someone actually does it...:(

If it was illegal to the president, then thousands of anti-Bush fundies would be behind bars right now...

If it was illegal to the president, then thousands of anti-Bush fundies would be behind bars right now...

I remember quite a few cases in the news, actually. I do know that it's illegal and the FBI investigates every case.

and yet they are still a political force in the US...? They kinda remind me of the Jacobin from the French Rev sadly.

nah, the jacobins actually managed to get some heads rolling - and their own, eventually.

Death-threats are illegal. If she can argue that it was satire or such however, she didn't do anything wrong.

At least that's the laws in Norway I believe.

Not that these kooks aren't already being monitored, but they'll now be getting extra close scrutiny by the crazy people monitoring divisions of the Secret Service and FBI.

Not that these kooks aren't already being monitored, but they'll now be getting extra close scrutiny by the crazy people monitoring divisions of the Secret Service and FBI.
You know, if they actually had a "Crazy people monitoring division" I'd consider a career in the FBI.

Left-wing plant.

The key is to recognize that it was a local television station who found a "unidentified woman."

If you want to use random participants in a political demonstration as a basis for judging the entire movement, we could easily describe the Democrat party in terms of the <removed>-chuckers who made it to Denver to support their presidential nominee back in '08.

Literally, they threw <removed>. I never found out if it was their own, or if they just raided the port-a-potties.

Yeah, um, there is a whole party and movement that gleefully talks about machine gunning very specific people against walls all the time. They are called Communists, and they are very serious about it and several of them are not at all shy about saying so here on CFC.

Seriously, when you lefties get your panties in a wad over this kind of stuff it really is self defeating.

Yeah, um, there is a whole party and movement that gleefully talks about machine gunning very specific people against walls all the time. They are called Communists, and they are very serious about it and several of them are not at all shy about saying so here on CFC.

Seriously, when you lefties get your panties in a wad over this kind of stuff it really is self defeating.

But Patroklos, you hang negroes.

Seriously, do you think this is OK just because someone else did it? You're a little bit more sophisticated than that, aren't you?

But Patroklos, you hang negroes.

Seriously, do you think this is OK just because someone else did it? You're a little bit more sophisticated than that, aren't you?

I hang negros?

No, I don't think it is okay because someone else did it, I think it is okay because such rhetorical exercises are common place. Unless you have some evidence that this was not hyperbole like 99% of the other times pretty much all of us wish violence on a politician from time to time, this is just baseless whining of a ridiculous sort.

How many millions or people, from all walks of life, use the prase "I hope California falls off into the Pacific"? Should they all be chastized for actually wanting 30 million people to die?

As for the Communists they really do want people to die, via murder, and are unapologetic about it. Yet even in this extreme case very few even take them seriously either, so what is the big deal about the OP?

I hang negros?

No, I don't think it is okay because someone else did it, I think it is okay because such rhetorical exercises are common place. Unless you have some evidence that this was not hyperbole like 99% of the other times pretty much all of us wish violence on a politician from time to time, this is just baseless whining of a ridiculous sort.

How many millions or people, from all walks of life, use the prase "I hope California falls off into the Pacific"? Should they all be chastized for actually wanting 30 million people to die?

As for the Communists they really do want people to die, via murder, and are unapologetic about it. Yet even in this extreme case very few even take them seriously either, so what is the big deal about the OP?

So do you disagree with the US secret service investigating me if I said I wanted to kill a certain very high-ranking government official? If you are consistent it's fine, I'd more or less agree with you, but the lack of judgement here is incredible (on the part of the subject of the OP)

Top Bottom