1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] Team Alliances in Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Multiplayer' started by Baracoa, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Baracoa

Baracoa Chieftain

Have there been any details on how teams will work in multiplayer for R&F now the Alliance system has changed? E.g. do you have and your teammate have to choose an alliance type?

2. Ashandalar

Ashandalar Chieftain

I'm wondering about this too. I really don't like how, currently, states of peace, war, and alliances with non-teammates are shared between all team members. It should be perfectly possible to be allied with someone and not be at war with their enemies. This might carry a diplomatic penalty, sure, but I don't think it should force a state of war. It's also far too easy to exploit. Losing a war to a computer player and they're not willing to make peace with you? Simply have your teammate make peace with their teammate.

3. CanuckSoldier

CanuckSoldier Chieftain

All details are not known yet, but we do discuss what we know in the last CivPlayers Podcast

CS