1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Team Innovia

Discussion in 'Team Aloha' started by BCLG100, Aug 3, 2006.

1. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Sorry to disapoint you people but no we havnt met them yet but i thought it's about time we started getting background info on the other teams.

heres there team list-
    Sigma
    Swissempire
    Nomad Bryce
    Mauer
    Bengeance
    DaveShackTurn player
    TheodenUN rep
    RameNoodle
    Strider
    Veera Anlai
    CivGeneral
    tim.grace@morri
    cIVpassIVe
    poppahymen
    Zeikko
    Bootstoots
    dutchfire
    admiral-bell

Ok and i want any and all information about these players! if you have anything about any of them civ3/4 related then post it here and we can start working portfolios about the teams.

Also does anyone have any contact with anyone on these teams? Could be an idea to start relationship building now whichever way we take the team

They are Saladin of Arabia (Philosophical and Spiritual)

These traits mean
    No anarchy.
    Double production speed of the Temple.
    And
    Great People birth rate increased 100 percent.
    Double production speed of University.

2. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Ok i'll take a look at innovia first, this seems to be pretty much 'team Demogame' so i imagine they have an extensive constitution, many polls the works.

Daveshack leads it (or at least he has played nearly every turn so far) infact the one time Daveshack went away the team sat on a save for nearly 3 days before somoene nudged them that they should play the damn thing.

Theoden is their UN rep but he's also a HoF'er for civ 3 which means he is damn good (at civ 3) he was on TNT before he became very inactive due to time constraints and when i PM'd him asking someone to play the save he didnt get back to me so who knows how active he is in the forums. Also long absences from the 18 player game.

Mauer- real nice guy however im not sure his civ skills are too amazing (he has admitted this himself) worked out from the 18 player game he is new to civ4-not quite fully understanding it but is learning very fast.

Dutchfire- me and rob have a PBEM going with him right now but who knows how that'll turn out, he's 15 and on the ISDG team as well and seems quite capable of working out the numbers if pushed in the right direction but he doesnt seem to play many games against human players.

From this team i know of no regular civ4 MP players
    Daveshack/Strider are involved in the much heralded :rolleyes: c3c cagematch, while CG is much hated at CDZ for continuously dropping out of PBEMS so if he gets elected to a position that can only be good for us :)

Edit- I have regular contact with Mauer via msn about the 18 player game and seem to have a friendship so i could casually ask about the MTDG, i also have daveshack and strider (weirdly) on my msn however those 2 are rarely online.

OK now need info from you guys, got any contacts, know anything about them?

3. robboo

robboo Chieftain

Mauer will talk..but he wont reveal much. I also talk with him and I am currently playing a head to head PBEM with him. He is not as bad as you are lead to believe. Whomp is "teaching" him in the pitboss game.

Also he is in the SGOTM on a team called the geezers. Someone who is not in teh game loook at it but pleae dont write anything here that could be considered a spoiler in it. I am still playing it with Whomps team.

4. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

I didnt think i was making him out to be that bad, well whatever he does reveal we can show- such as active participants/how they want the game to be played/etc

we can draw conclusions from that, i'd look but im on team CDZ (they were short of folk so i threw my hat in)

also rob somethings up with gmail as it says the e-mail with saves i sent you has been delayed.

5. robboo

robboo Chieftain

hmmmm....I just used it and no problems....might be hotmail.

you can look at SGOTM1..I cant since I am in it. I will not be joining any SGOTM2 that way i can look around a bit....besides I dont like the feel of civ 4 as a succession game.

About Maeur...he makes himself out to be a poorer player than what he is ..is all I meant. Sorta like I did to sucker you and others to play PBEMs.

I also see Team Innovia as a bit of weak...lots of these people havent been around and are not active at all on CFC.

6. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Well there could be that but he did ask me what the green man meant on the city screen, he pop rushed his capital when he was attacking and he is near the bottom in the 18 player game but he has got alot better since then.

Not sure it said it was a delay, i'll try sending them again later.

Anywhoo there are other folk on Innovia :D

so other ideas about people?

7. Robi D

Robi D Minister of (Dis)Order

I think they are a middle of the road team in terms of playing talaent from what i've seen of the playing styles. Innovia is a bit of a misnomer if you ask me, i don't believe we will see too much innovation from them.

8. robboo

robboo Chieftain

Well without getting banned...

IF they listen to Strider or give him an important duty...history has shown he will either do it half way or wig out and disappear.

Dave...based on comments in the demogame, doesnt "know" civ as well as alot of people.

Sigma...is quiet in pitboss, too quiet to actually get a read on him. He should have attacked George when george was in the Russian war. I think he lacks the killer instinct.

Dutchfire...is a bright kid(15). Last term I convinced him and Oldbus to be on the Tri with me...we sorta ran as a block. Shhh that wasnt "legal". Anyway, in the PM discussions we had, he has a good understanding of the game but I think nothing he does is unexpected. He will be quite busy in a few weeks so expect his partcipation to drop.

Theoden...pitboss impressiosn say he has quite"got" Civ 4 yet. I warned him when Dave attacked RM adn even put some units up there. He didnt switch out of buildings to units till Dave attacked. He is also very busy lately. I have had to keep good relatison with him in pitboss since Dave had to go through him to hit me. I propped him up with a few techs early in his war with Dave and he has responded with a few gold every now and then. So you can expect a honest relationship with him.

Swiss..he is gone more than he is here...never seemed to "get" the game.

9. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

well daves absence and the resulting failure for innovia to send the save shows the reliance that team has on him.

10. robboo

robboo Chieftain

Sigma is also been absent..no PM returns. It suprises me that dutchfire did not pick it up. For a 15 year old..he is a very bright and has an good sense of responsibility.

11. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

well last time it happened they didnt know they were meant too until i pointed out that someone in the team had to play it.

12. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

well best to bump this back up again as apparantly we'll be meeting them next turn or so.

dutch told me the team isnt very active but that might change now they've met someone.

13. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

sent that earlier today, figured it was so basic didnt need team input on it :)

14. Robi D

This was at the team email, a nice simple prompt response from Innovia.

Looks like we have two teams willing to deal, although i suspect they might have similar things to offer us. Anyway looks like you have some work to do BC:).

15. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

teams full of past mtdg'ers/isdg'ers/demogamers, so i imagine that promptness shouldnt really be a problem with this lot :)

Where should we take it, i can arrange an msn chat however im pretty busy this week, got a large essay to do, so maybe another e-mail consisting along the lines of 'have you met anyone, whats your capital like, etc'

16. Robi D

Just general things for know, see where they are and if we can do any deals. We can do Open borders but theres not much point without a trade route

17. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

do you want open borders or can the warrior go another way?

18. Robi D

I doubt they would agree anyway. It no great loss if we don't have OB since there is no possible trade route.

19. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

hows about that then?

20. Robi D

Seem fine to me