1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Team Innovia

Discussion in 'Team Aloha' started by BCLG100, Aug 3, 2006.

1. robboo

robboo Chieftain

sounds good....nice slick diplo

2. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

sent......

3. Robi D

Robi D Minister of (Dis)Order

The only question mark is Piffle. Both Innovia and Loco went for early religions, which will slow them down, Loco more so given they built Stone Henge. Epsilon went for the CS slingshot so i would exclude them too.

We have pretty much beelined Colossus so apart from piffle we shouldn't be concerned about the rest

4. Robi D

Just thinking about it, a possible response from Innovia on the open borders would be to ask for direction to our location. Personally i would not be fussed, they would have a long way to go. Any other thoughts?

5. robboo

robboo Chieftain

TEkk tehm how to get here...long walk and we know whats on teh way so it kinda slows down them finding huts adn other things.

6. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

well its pretty much due east, so ill just tell em that :)

7. Robi D

This arrived from Innovia
    Oh and they have finally sent Open Borders:lol:
    Sirians Eyes is heading back their way

BC you can send them the directions and barb info. Also it might be an idea to try and organise and chat session to see if we can work out a future tech deal.

8. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

ive been having impromptu chats with dutchfire about it, he's been telling me there are 4 people active on the team and one of the reasons why it took so long for them to accept open borders is that they were polling it (who knows why if theres 4 people on the team!) and the final vote was 3-1. Diplomacy is my biatch!!!! :D

anywhoo i shall write a message up shortly

9. robboo

robboo Chieftain

I hope you didnt lead them to believe we had less active members than that. :)

OK if they only have 4...here is my guess on which 4.
    1. Dutchfire
    2. theoden
    3. mauer
    4. Daveshack

IF thats the case....they are in bad shape. Dave is around sporatically at best. I am playing Daveshack and his reponses time on PBEMS is weeks not days. Mauer doesnt have the fine details of production and gnp management down...he is learning from Whomp alot in the CFC pitboss. Dutchfire is an unknown.... he is very young( 16 or 17) and to finds his time limited. I feel these are the guys we want to " use, abuse and destroy." However...I think we should not make long term peace with them unless we really think we can control them.

That being said...mauer is unpredictable and doesnt think his actions all the way through. For instance, he attacked Spain in my game with him with me sitting on his borders with a large stack. He then had to give out alot of techs to Spain for peace after I attacked. In addition he also traded me horses for a health resource in that PBEM and then got over run by Horse archers/then upgraded knights when I attacked. When i ran out of troops he took my peace offer....he had a stack comign at one of my cites adn then he went back to attacking Spain.

I hope anything said here does not find its way out to these guys. I consider mauer a friend and dont want him to know that I used our game to scout out his MTDG team.

10. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

hmmm i wouldnt look at it so much like that mauer has learned a lot recently, he is playing emporer now.

dutch seems to have been president of the demogame for an eternity so not sure what that says about him :D

11. robboo

robboo Chieftain

I am SoW again in the demogame....but its not like they plan on fighting.

12. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

who's playing that now, you and dutch?

13. robboo

robboo Chieftain

daveshack, Oldbus and Donsig too with a few other people. I am mainly hanging out waiting for the next one. And it gives me something to do at work since I cant play civ at work.

14. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

:lol: does anyone on cfc actually do any work when there at work???

btw innovia are playing an SG, dutch told me so hopefully that should be in the SG forums :)

15. robboo

robboo Chieftain

well i do but only 3 days a week when I am in the field collecting water quality data and counting fish that we shock(stun). Of course if it keeps raining I will have thw rest of the week to screw around. My only drawback to this job is not having civ on my computer....yet. I can hide civ on my thumbdrive and it wont leave a trail...I think. Or I will just wait till I get a new laptop that can handle civ then I will play and use the campus wide wirless network to send saves.

I will cruise it looking. I am goginto look at all posts by dutch.

16. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

it hasnt started yet i dont think.

17. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

thought we may as well get tech stuff ready soon :)

18. Robi D

Its east simon not west

---N
    W + E
    ---S

Edit - I would Say head NE until you find the tile wide land heading SE as there are many turn offs along the way

Otherwise its good

19. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

quiet you, im sure if they headed west enough theyd get there!

20. Robi D

Have you had the chance to put forward the tech trade offer to Innovia.
    I thinking if we can arrange a chat session this might be a good time