1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Team Innovia

Discussion in 'Team Aloha' started by BCLG100, Aug 3, 2006.

1. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Greetings Innovia

The watchfull eyes of Aloha's sages have noticed your discovery of Alphabet, this would mean many trading opportunities for you, we were interested in advancing both of our civs. We were interested in arranging a chat between our two great nations, via msn or the like.

Being the overworked university student that i am, i can be availiable whenever really sometimes even sober so just need a time when at least one of your team mates is free

Regards
    BCLG

hows about that then?

2. robboo

robboo Chieftain

sounds good

3. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

ok ill send in a few hours just incase anyone else wants to change things etc :)

4. Robi D

Robi D Minister of (Dis)Order

Good job:goodjob:
    It all look great

5. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

hmmm gmail seems to be down for me right now so if any of you get the chance could you send it and just post here that you've done so :)

6. Robi D

I sent it to Innovia on gmail

Also BC you should send a PM to Theoden as a back up to make sure they get it quickly

7. Robi D

This was in our gmail box.

Looks like they are looking to trade too. A hunting - mysticism swap would be a good way to break the ice. Apart from that there is a lot of possibilities.

8. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Hmmm the hunting mysticm swap i think is quite in our favour also.

Now do others want to be at this chat? i dont mind organising a set date and time or whatever but id prefer to just add theoden and then both of us have this chat when we can sit down and both have time, however i dont mind :)

what we need to think about is what to discuss.

Technology trading, we want to get alphabet as quickly as possible however at last count they already had IW did they not? therefore if we were to trade MC it would take a great deal of trust for us to get future beakers tech :)

also do we want to trade metal casting away so early.

We're researching math right now arnt we, do we tell them this? I see no harm in this as we shall have it soon enough anyways and will show up on tech trades :)

anything else i need to discuss? get details about the team and gameplan etc is an obvious one but that might not be able to happen :)

9. robboo

robboo Chieftain

hold MC till we start on the collosous.

I cant make the chat...just too busy.

10. Robi D

No one in the game has Iron Working. I guess everyone noticed we were spread out.

Mysticism is only 14 beakers more than Hunting (71 vs 57) Also Loco knows Myst and i would bet they don't have hunting which makes myst cheaper in comparison to Hunting so a think its a pretty even swap.

The only other techs available to trade is MC for us and Alpha for them.
    I would not be trading MC without something substantial in return and no credit, payment up front.

Now we have Maths in 5, so that could be used to try to get Alpha or at least some religious techs.

Basically see what you can get out of them as far as what they are thinking short to medium term. If we can get some sort of tech trading talks going it would be good, i don't expect them to be rushing into an agreement, then again we wont want to either. Just though of it try to get a feel for what they think about.

Apart from that set up a time that works for Theoden and yourself, if i can make it i will. Just remember to save the talk for posting here later and that about it

11. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Well MC=450 beakers, alpha= 300 beakers and math=250 beakers.

we could offer to trade hunting and math for alphabet, this would be slightly in their favour but no matter, its not like we *especially* need myst for the time being, ill send an e-mail to innovia with my msn and just say to catch me whenever or they can orgainse a time if they want more than theoden there :)

hows about that?

12. Robi D

In the game Alpha 429 beakers, Maths is 357 and MC is 643.

The message is good

13. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

hmmm, i got my info off the main site, i forget that no. of teams map size etc affect it :)

I got a PM from theoden also and we have exchanged e-mails so the chat should happen whenever we're both next online and have some time :)

14. Robi D

If i'm on when you do i'll join you but i'll let you do the talking. Don't want too many chiefs;).

It ok to use the base beaker rates as they are all relative.

As an idea for an expanded trade, we give Maths and Sailing (next on research) for Myst and Alpha, which is equal beakers wise.

15. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

chats going on right now if anyone wants in

16. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Key things are, they dont really want to trade alpha away too much just yet, they're researching CoL next.

they offered CoL for math, sailing and myst.

also thoughts about a tech alliance, maybe we should get one written up?

17. robboo

robboo Chieftain

other key...not going for the pyramids.

I am for the alliance...

18. Robi D

Good chat.

The tech alliance is good thing for us. If we can come up with a comprehensive tech deal now and coordination in the future then it would put us in a good position.

Also as far as MC goes if the tech trade happens around turn 100 or after then i have no problem with it. Also no problems with the tech we get from each other staying off limits to trading to a 3rd party.

19. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

I figure it would be better to get a firm ally now, or at least duel research for the next hundred turns or so.

if we want a tech partnership we should look up the tech tree and draw up an equal beaker ratio thing, maybe leaving loco to research the lesser techs?

20. Robi D

This in from Innovia.

I'm will go ahead with it as we all agreed before hand that it was acceptable.

As a record.

We have/will give Hunting 57, Sailing 143, Maths 357, MC 643 = 1200 beakers
    Innovia: Mysticism 71, Poly 143, Alpha 429, CoL 500, Priests 85 = 1228 beakers
    So we own 28 beakers after the trade is complete.

Good work to all:goodjob:

I will play the save now, report soon in presidents thread

Edit- I will add that stipulation that we can't trade techs we recieve to 3rd parties.