Team Innovia

Greetings Innovia

The watchfull eyes of Aloha's sages have noticed your discovery of Alphabet, this would mean many trading opportunities for you, we were interested in advancing both of our civs. We were interested in arranging a chat between our two great nations, via msn or the like.

Being the overworked university student that i am, i can be availiable whenever really sometimes even sober so just need a time when at least one of your team mates is free

Regards
BCLG

hows about that then?

sounds good

Good job:goodjob:
It all look great

hmmm gmail seems to be down for me right now so if any of you get the chance could you send it and just post here that you've done so :)

I sent it to Innovia on gmail

Also BC you should send a PM to Theoden as a back up to make sure they get it quickly

This was in our gmail box.

Greetings Aloha,

We're certainly interested in disussing trade possibilities. I (Theoden, FM) prefer msn, I can be available usually during the evening/night and most of the day in weekends, GMT +1. You're at GMT right?

Regards,
Theoden

Looks like they are looking to trade too. A hunting - mysticism swap would be a good way to break the ice. Apart from that there is a lot of possibilities.

Hmmm the hunting mysticm swap i think is quite in our favour also.

Now do others want to be at this chat? i dont mind organising a set date and time or whatever but id prefer to just add theoden and then both of us have this chat when we can sit down and both have time, however i dont mind :)

what we need to think about is what to discuss.

Technology trading, we want to get alphabet as quickly as possible however at last count they already had IW did they not? therefore if we were to trade MC it would take a great deal of trust for us to get future beakers tech :)

also do we want to trade metal casting away so early.

We're researching math right now arnt we, do we tell them this? I see no harm in this as we shall have it soon enough anyways and will show up on tech trades :)

anything else i need to discuss? get details about the team and gameplan etc is an obvious one but that might not be able to happen :)

hold MC till we start on the collosous.

I cant make the chat...just too busy.

No one in the game has Iron Working. I guess everyone noticed we were spread out.

Mysticism is only 14 beakers more than Hunting (71 vs 57) Also Loco knows Myst and i would bet they don't have hunting which makes myst cheaper in comparison to Hunting so a think its a pretty even swap.

The only other techs available to trade is MC for us and Alpha for them.
I would not be trading MC without something substantial in return and no credit, payment up front.

Now we have Maths in 5, so that could be used to try to get Alpha or at least some religious techs.

Basically see what you can get out of them as far as what they are thinking short to medium term. If we can get some sort of tech trading talks going it would be good, i don't expect them to be rushing into an agreement, then again we wont want to either. Just though of it try to get a feel for what they think about.

Apart from that set up a time that works for Theoden and yourself, if i can make it i will. Just remember to save the talk for posting here later and that about it

Well MC=450 beakers, alpha= 300 beakers and math=250 beakers.

we could offer to trade hunting and math for alphabet, this would be slightly in their favour but no matter, its not like we *especially* need myst for the time being, ill send an e-mail to innovia with my msn and just say to catch me whenever or they can orgainse a time if they want more than theoden there :)

message said:
Greetings Theoden of the Innoverians

Your message arrived safely to us a few days ago after the great leader Robi D posted about it in the forums, ive been instructed to just have the chat whenever possible as i am apparantly overqualified in the arts of diplomasising. My email is BCLG100 AT hotmail DOT com, if you wish to organise a time then i shall of course attend but we alohans like to keep things easy, to chill out and just watch the sunset with drinks in pineapples.

Best Regards
BCLG
the one with the mic

hows about that?

In the game Alpha 429 beakers, Maths is 357 and MC is 643.

The message is good

hmmm, i got my info off the main site, i forget that no. of teams map size etc affect it :)

I got a PM from theoden also and we have exchanged e-mails so the chat should happen whenever we're both next online and have some time :)

If i'm on when you do i'll join you but i'll let you do the talking. Don't want too many chiefs;).

It ok to use the base beaker rates as they are all relative.

As an idea for an expanded trade, we give Maths and Sailing (next on research) for Myst and Alpha, which is equal beakers wise.

log said:
Simon says:
hey
Simon says:
its bclg btw
Mikkel says:
hey bclg/simon
Simon says:
am offline because doing a term paper at the same time
Simon says:
but figured we've been waiting too long to do this chat so may as well get it going, if you've got the time?
Mikkel says:
sure
Simon says:
ok *shuffles notes*
Simon says:
so how goes things in the land of innovia?
Mikkel says:
excellent, the shrine is bringing happiness everywhere
Simon says:
nice one on that
Mikkel says:
yep, being philosophical is very nice
Simon says:
indeed, you gonna go with a philo economy then?
Mikkel says:
not sure a this stage, we haven't got the pyramids..
Simon says:
no, though the pyramids arnt essential for it, they do help quite a bit
Simon says:
you thinking of taking a crack at the pyramids then?
Mikkel says:
well, they double the science output of sceintists with representation
Mikkel says:
probably not
Simon says:
yup, the double really helps but if you've got enough food you can just add more scientists
Mikkel says:
I just experienced in gotm12 how powerful it is... was getting modern age techs every 2-4 turns and will probalby get the cow award
Simon says:
awesome, nice one
Mikkel says:
but how about Aloha? how are you doing?
Simon says:
we're doing pretty well, in the process of giving each other christmas presents
Simon says:
im not opening mine till christmas day but robis got a cigar and BH has a sailing boat
Mikkel says:
a boat? that's a rather large present
Mikkel says:
I think I'll entice my team to give presents as well
Simon says:
ah, well BH claims his avatar is of a meteor hitting the earth so we shall just claim size isnt important
Simon says:
lol, how many active players you got over at innovia-sometimes you seem to have struggled with the save
Mikkel says:
probalb around 6-7...
Simon says:
oh well thats pretty good still
Mikkel says:
and BH's avatar is a meteor if you look at the larger version in his sig... I though it was a UFO before that
Simon says:
been speaking to people from other teams doesnt seem to be as much interest (maybe thats the wrong word) in the civ4 mtdg
Simon says:
aye, i know just a running joke
Mikkel says:
how many active player are you?
Simon says:
hmmm
Simon says:
well robi plays the save
Simon says:
im not totally sure tbh
Simon says:
we had a poll and people were voting saying they wernt active....
Simon says:
so i think the coconut juice must have gone to their heads...
Mikkel says:
it's hard to find out how active other teams are, when you can only see their president oposting publicly...
Mikkel says:
how can you vote that oyu aren't active?
Simon says:
yeah, though me and rob tend to spam up the main bit quite a bit
Simon says:
and yeah thats what we were wondering
Mikkel says:
you would have to be at least semi-active to see the poll.
Simon says:
lol exactly
Simon says:
but *shrug* spose we have upwards of 5 at least
Mikkel says:
well, it usually comes down to a few people who takes the initiatives... in civ3 mdtg I we had problems finding a president willing to play the save...
Mikkel says:
in team TNT
Simon says:
yup- i was the one doing it in the end
Mikkel says:
oh wait, we were on the same team
Simon says:
watching your civ get pummeled aint very fun
Mikkel says:
nope, not at all
Simon says:
anywhoo, back to the civ4 mtdg
Mikkel says:
*ahem* yes
Simon says:
what you thinking about loco?
Simon says:
(i assume you met, as we met them near you)
Mikkel says:
(I assume you knew we knew them because it's visible to you in the F4 screen)
Mikkel says:
they take along time responding to diplo, but otherwise they're hard to describe. Have they traded with you at all?
Simon says:
No, as FM im trying to keep things cheefull but the delays inbetween diplo means that patience is soon lost amongst some members of the team
Simon says:
i can only assume its because they dont have many vet mtdg'ers on the team
Mikkel says:
I konw exactly what you mean
Mikkel says:
so they've kinda rserved towards you as well?
Mikkel says:
so they've been kinda reserved towards you as well?
Simon says:
yes, we havnt had contact in over 3 weeks
Mikkel says:
hmm, seems like they are a good candidate to be on the wrong side of a 2 vs 2 vs 1
Simon says:
the only drawback is, aloha has no idea where they are
Mikkel says:
but you know where we are
Simon says:
indeed
Mikkel says:
hmm, would you perhaps be willing to give us directions on where to find Epsilon or Piffle if we gave you directions about Loco?
Simon says:
we'd love too
Simon says:
if we say knew where they were
Mikkel says:
well, it was worth a try...
Mikkel says:
but have you met either of them?
Simon says:
no, have you?
Mikkel says:
no, but still searching
Simon says:
aye as are we
Mikkel says:
how about possible tech trades?
Simon says:
we'd be very wiling to do that, it seems that, epsilon and piffle must have found each other by now
Simon says:
so i can only assume they will be working together (just my view not the teams)
Mikkel says:
I guess so, and in worst case they already have a tehc alliance
Mikkel says:
(also just my view)
Simon says:
exactly, so we'd be very willing to consider working together in terms of tech trades
Mikkel says:
well, that'd leave Loco out in the cold
Mikkel says:
and my team seems positive about the idea of a tech coorperation as well
Simon says:
yup, which i personally have no qualms about however to prevent a 3 on 2 we should either eliminate them or get them onside
Mikkel says:
exactly
Mikkel says:
(adn I wasn't having qualms, only cynical after thoughts )
Simon says:
lol
Simon says:
well in terms of tech right now i think you have alpha and myst
Simon says:
while we have metal casting and hunting
Mikkel says:
and math
Simon says:
ah yes and math
Mikkel says:
just amoment, I'll check the tech costs
Simon says:
In the game Alpha 429 beakers, Maths is 357 and MC is 643
Simon says:
myst =71
Simon says:
hunting=57
Simon says:

Mikkel says:
okay
Mikkel says:
so a mysticism-hunting trade would be somewhat fair, although a bit on your favour
Simon says:
yes, however what we were considering is this deal
Simon says:
we are researching sailing now
Simon says:
thus a tech swap, you give alpha and myst-we give math and sailing?
Simon says:
its an equal beaker swap
Mikkel says:
I'd have to ask the team about that,they seem very reluctant to trade away Alphabet
Simon says:
understandable
Simon says:
however you could put a stipulation on it that we arnt allowed to trade it on?
Mikkel says:
of course
Mikkel says:
but if I might suggest another possiblity, we'll have CoL soon which we'll happily trade away (i think)
Simon says:
hmmm, whats the beaker number of that?
Mikkel says:
dunno, checking...
Simon says:
ok cheers
Simon says:
bout 50ish more than alpha probs
Mikkel says:
7/6 times Alphabets cost according to CFC
Simon says:
sorry?
Simon says:
ah right nvm i understand
Mikkel says:
Mikkel says:
after calculations
Simon says:
well dont forget we do have MC
Simon says:
which is 643
Simon says:
i cant honestly say about a CoL trade as id have to speak to it with my team
Mikkel says:
would CoL and mysticism for MC b considered?
Simon says:
every deal would be conisdered
Simon says:
however i do think that would be rejected
Simon says:
my team mates are as reluctant to trade away MC as you are alpha most likely
Mikkel says:
I just doubt that my team will trade away Alpha any time soon, but it never hurts asking
Simon says:
yup indeed
Mikkel says:
but how about math, sailing and hunting for CoL?
Simon says:
i know any trade involving alpha will probably involve my teammates looking more favourably upon any deal with MC involved
Simon says:
i shall propose it
Mikkel says:
I suppose my team would be more ager to trade alpha if MC was involved also
Mikkel says:
*eager
Simon says:
understandable
Simon says:
we should try and get these deals sorted soon so we can build a tech alliance to outspeed the other teams
Mikkel says:
yes, and I'm sure that if we make a more long term tech alliance, the willingness to trade critical techs would be larger
Simon says:
yes, well i think my team would be quite willing to do one
Mikkel says:
just out of curiosity, are planning to build colossus or making a machinry->crossbows rush with MC?
Simon says:
there've been some very loud calls for colossus build within the team
Simon says:
but we hadnt even thought of an MC rush mainly because from what we can tell we are too far away
Simon says:
by the time we got too you you'd have grenadiers.
Mikkel says:
lol, yes we have the same thoughts about that
Simon says:
i think if we organised one big tech deal- say alpha/CoL/myst+another tech worth about 200 beakers (i think my maths is right) for MC, math, sailing and hunting
Simon says:
would probably lead to everone being happy
Mikkel says:
yes, but that would have to involve some kinf of "not trading away those tech" clause
Simon says:
indeed
Mikkel says:
but one big deal sounds good to me, that would be a huge advantage for us both
Simon says:
though also i assume you have at least one of the techs after myst?
Simon says:
well that could make up some of the beakers owed
Mikkel says:
we'll need priesthood and med/poly to research CoL, I can't remember if we have priesthood yet
Mikkel says:
and we have poly as might have guessed
Simon says:
lol yes, oh right so your not that close to CoL then?
Mikkel says:
just a moment I'll check the team forum...
Simon says:
ok
Mikkel says:
I can't find it, but I think we'll start priesthood next turn and then CoL, but we're teching pretty fast
Simon says:
ok nice one
Simon says:
we get sailing in 4
Simon says:
not so sure where to go after that
Mikkel says:
we'll have to somewhat coordiate our reserach
Simon says:
yes, well now we know what your researching we'll probably work around it
Simon says:
if we take what we've got back to our teams now we can work up tech deals and research plans etc
Simon says:
and then have another chat after christmas perhaps?

Key things are, they dont really want to trade alpha away too much just yet, they're researching CoL next.

they offered CoL for math, sailing and myst.

also thoughts about a tech alliance, maybe we should get one written up?

other key...not going for the pyramids.

I am for the alliance...

Good chat.

The tech alliance is good thing for us. If we can come up with a comprehensive tech deal now and coordination in the future then it would put us in a good position.

Also as far as MC goes if the tech trade happens around turn 100 or after then i have no problem with it. Also no problems with the tech we get from each other staying off limits to trading to a 3rd party.

I figure it would be better to get a firm ally now, or at least duel research for the next hundred turns or so.

if we want a tech partnership we should look up the tech tree and draw up an equal beaker ratio thing, maybe leaving loco to research the lesser techs?

This in from Innovia.

Hi Aloha,

Thanks for the last trade. We propose another trade: polytheism for sailing (its equal beaker-wise).

Also as another step towards fulfilling the "big trade", would you be interested in Alphabet+CoL+Priesthood for Math+MC?

We also propose to keep track of the beakers each of us have traded in total. This way we could make some unequal trades while it'll even out in the end.

Theoden of Innovia

I'm will go ahead with it as we all agreed before hand that it was acceptable.

As a record.

We have/will give Hunting 57, Sailing 143, Maths 357, MC 643 = 1200 beakers
Innovia: Mysticism 71, Poly 143, Alpha 429, CoL 500, Priests 85 = 1228 beakers
So we own 28 beakers after the trade is complete.

Good work to all:goodjob:

I will play the save now, report soon in presidents thread

Edit- I will add that stipulation that we can't trade techs we recieve to 3rd parties.

Top Bottom