Team leader name

What should our leader name be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kaleb

Deity
Right, it looks almost a cert that we are going to be Team Kazakhstan

So what should our team leader's name be?

Suggestions so far have been Borat, Janybek Khan (founder of the Kazakh Khanate) or Ablai Khan (a great military leader)

Of the two historical leaders I think Ablai Khan is best as he ruled the Khanate at its zenith.

One problem with all those name though is that our leader avatar is female!

So another suggestion I'd like to throw in is we call our leader 'Sasha'. It's a womans name and also the name of the actor for Borat :D

I also think Hazrat-e Turkestan should be our capital.

Well with the female avatar I think we should go with Natalya (Borat's sister). She is number 4 prostitute Kazakhstan. very nice.

I think it is too early for a poll of Leader Names. (Sorry, Kaleb. Good idea, just a bit soon.)

Like our discussion on leaders, let's kick around some ideas and we might be able to agree on a name without a poll.

As I stated in the run-off thread, I don't like having Borat as a our leader. (Can't explain why, not even to me, but I don't.)

Reversing Borat to Tarob is fine. Or using the letters in Borat recombined to form another name. Some combinations are:
  1. Artbo
  2. Tarbo
  3. Ratbo
  4. Botar
  5. Boart
  6. Obtar
  7. Otbar
  8. Otbra
  9. Ortab
  10. Orbat
  11. Orabt
None of these sound feminine, however.

If we did this with Kazakhstan:
  1. Stan Kazakh
  2. Natasha Kzk
  3. Ana Shakktz
  4. Ana Sthazkk
  5. Ana Kshazkt
  6. Hana Skkatz
  7. Hanka Skatz
  8. Sanka Hatkz
Here I'm assuming a two-named leader and I've tried to have feminine first names.

Just some ideas.

It has to be Borat, and we already got an anthem.

I think it is too early for a poll of Leader Names. (Sorry, Kaleb. Good idea, just a bit soon.)

Aren't we meant to start this game on Monday?

Not so sure about all the anagrams of Borat though

Natalya could be an idea to throw in the mix

I think I read somewhere that we could edit these things once we got into the game.
Not so sure about all the anagrams of Borat though
I'm not either. That was a first attempt on an idea. None sound right; they just don't have that feminine ring to them.
Natalya could be an idea to throw in the mix
As an anagram source?

There has been some UN discussion on starting on Wednesday.

Team 5 still lacks a name.

Do we really want to have our team name after a prostitute?

As we have a female avatar, I like the idea of a female name. Also, as I have not seen the movie, Borat,I think I can be fairly impartial here! Natalya is a fine name and I have a sense of humour. ;)

If we anagarm Natalya we get (in no certain order)
  1. Ana Taly
  2. Tany Ala
  3. Ant Laya
  4. Lanya Ta
  5. Atlanya
  6. Yantala
  7. Laantay

And I am sure there are others possible.

Natasha is similar to Natalya and both have a distinctive 'different' sound.

Shall we run a new poll?

Despite all the anagrams, I could live with Natasha.

I still prefer Sasha, either way I think we need a female name!

I still prefer Sasha, either way I think we need a female name!
Female name? :goodjob:

Is Sasha a female name? Maybe I have it confused with another name, but right now it 'rings' as masculine. :confused:

Natasha sounds like a pretty good name. Fairly generic, yet it is almost an inside joke with it being based of Natalya.

I think Natalya would be a good inside joke, it would be interesting to see if the people on the other teams would make the obscure connection with the movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Btd5Ex3edmk

We went with "Team Kazakhstan" for the tongue-in-cheek humor aspect, so being all serious with our leader name and city names would sort of defeat the purpose.

Of course if naming our leader after a fictional prostitute is too much we could always go with someone historical like Theodora ;)

Natasha sounds like a pretty good name. Fairly generic, yet it is almost an inside joke with it being based of Natalya.

I'll go with Natasha, one of my favourite heroines - from War and Peace.

Borat is good. He is more Kasakh, than kasakhstan itself.

I think Natalya would be a good inside joke, it would be interesting to see if the people on the other teams would make the obscure connection with the movie.
Ah, obscure movie connections.

Then may I suggest the English names of ZOOT and DINGO (who is Zoot's identical twin sister) that live in the Castle Anthrax.

One of the game play threads mentioned that the Turn Player had named our leader Natalya.

This discussion is over.

Top Bottom