Team management

I. Larkin

Deity
Team management
I think we need to discuss how we will manage team and time –table.
I am afraid that SG roster style will not work:
Player will need to play few turns in time no matter what. At this situation we need to create time table of players and substitutions and somebody need to keep it, update and give an order to play at this days. Something likes Secretary General.
As I understood TheOverseer714 agrees to take this post. Because of importance we need second pilot who will take this bureaucracy if Overseer get out of connection, say.

Second, we want to carry out the build-up and military strategy, road network, terrain improvements, research plan, scouting, later interaction with another teams (trade, alliances), like we all do in normal game. Obviously, like in SG it will be collective creativity, but somebody has to summarize these ideas and make a final decision. Like Captain or President. It is hard work and I think we have to rotate it on regular basis, say 2-4 month. And we need vice president…

Third, as we play vs humans all deals have to go through negotiation procedure. Again, it will be team’s creativity but final decision about how to convince opponent in best way is by Minister of Foreign affairs. As I wrote before, there is no better person than Lanzelot for it. He did a lot of work for preparation; hopefully before we will make first contact he will get some rest. Again, this post can be re-elected, with deputy Minster for this post.

So it is 6 members and 6 posts, let decide how we will start…

Yes, the time table approach probably makes sense. Especially in the early turns, where it just takes a few minutes, we can save a lot of time by that approach, because I think we have people in many different time zones.
So we will discuss the short term actions, like worker management, dot map, special things about MM for the next 2-5 turns, and then everybody can play the next turn, if it arrives within his time zone.

Let's use GMT for our "availability schedule". I can check for turns regularly during work days from 9:00 - 17:00 and in the evenings 19:00 - 21:00
On the weekends I can check only irregularly.

But in addition to that, we could perhaps still have a "main player" for 10 turns, who will take the turn, if it's within the time zone of several people?!

I would really like to make the foreign affairs minister... If you have already played PBEM with me, you will know that I like negotiating, trying to find allies/friends and the psychological side of that... :mischief:

ok, i have understood so far that we are going to play against humans... :eek:

i have never done this before. how would that work? wouldn´t they have to play their turns at the same time? (well, iterating...)

maybe Lanzelot can make give me the information i need to get fit for this kind of game? - obviously you have played many games against humans already.

templar_x

i have never done this before. how would that work? wouldn´t they have to play their turns at the same time?
U never play a PBEM? :irre:
Its the same like "Fernschach"

btw: In the last German DG, I was sometimes a bit provocative to my lovley enemies Loki and d7. If this happen again, then you think nothing of it. It's just fun, but I will restrain myself.

nobody would like me playing a PBEM - most times i could only play one turn in every couple of days.

i guess the term is "correspondence chess", Memento.
you mean i am writing what i do to someone else, while i play it on my "board". then i send him the save. his turns get played. game passes on again.

so every player actually plays only single turns, then he passes the game on to another team. is that correct? so if i shall play, let´s say, 10 turns, in reality i am gonna play 10 x 1 turn?

will there also be AI players in the game?

templar_x

Brazil but now in USA, will travel back 7-8 Nov.
GMT for my availability schedule.
I can check for turns regularly during work days from 14:00 - 21:00
and in the evenings 23:00 - 03:00
On the weekends I check less regularly but approximately like above.
email vaniala2000@yahoo.co.uk
Chat with this address also possible.
At 15 Dec most probably will go to Moscow, availability schedule will be different then.

I think better if one person plays 5 - 10 turns in a line, it is easer to keep an ideas in mind, after propper explanation swich to next player, like in SGOTM.

@Lanzelot
now that we are all knights, it is ok for you I write in my Sig at Cifo Sir Memento?

i´ve got another question re that sort of game:

if one meets another civ, how does he initiate contact with them. since this is going to happen by email, does the player inform the foreign minister "hey sir lanzelot, i have me the xxx, go talk with them."?
will the team then discuss what trades would be nice and should be checked out with this new found friend?
and in which pace do those actions need to be taken? i assume there is a time limit for each turn, right?

templar_x

if you meet another civ, u can contact them in the embassy of both teams.

CFC:

* Civ3 - Democracy and Team Games
o Civ3 ISDG
+ Civ3 ISDG - Referees subforum (private)
+ Civ3 ISDG - Democracy Team (private)
+ Civ3 ISDG - Sucession Team (private)

Civforum:

* Sid Meier's Civilization 3
o Civ3 - Democracy Game Nr. 7
+ Schiri-Forum Civ3 DG7 (private)
+ Teamforum "T1" (private)
+ Teamforum "T2" (private)
+ Civ3 DG7 - Botschaften / Embassies
# Botschaft / Embassy "T1" - "T2"
# Botschaft / Embassy "T1" - "TDG"
# Botschaft / Embassy "T1" - "TSG"
# Botschaft / Embassy "T2" - "TDG"
# Botschaft / Embassy "T2" - "TSG"
# Botschaft / Embassy "TDG"- "TSG"

# Völkerbund / United Nations

are you guys retired as well? ;)

templar_x

I will send an ivitation to Supersova_SU, his location Novosibirsk, very unique timezone

Well I finally got in here. Since I'm so far behind, I can be Ivan's assistant at team management. I've never done a PBEM, so I have much to learn.

As I learned ta Civfanatics.ru people saw our game. Will we consider somebody in our team?

Okay on the subject:
Friepa hat die Karte fast fertig, es fehlen aber noch die Einstellungen der Civs. Friepa the card has nearly finished, but still missing the settings of the civs.

Dazu möchte er von jedem Team zusätzlich folgende Infos: Zweitwunsch Civfarbe und Zweitwunsch Leaderhead.

To this end he wants from each team the following additional information: your second choice and second choice Civfarbe Leader Head.

Sollte da etwas doppelt gewünscht werden, entscheidet das Los, wer seinen Erstwunsch erhält.
If you want something there twice, decided by lot who will get his first choice.

Von den Fanatics hat bisher nur Lanzelot seine Teamwünsche bei friepa abgeliefert!

Friepa needs the choices of the Eagles! Without them we can't start, with them and the secound choices of Leaderhead and Color we can get our starting positions ad the save. Of the Fanatics friepa has so far only Lancelot his team needs to be delivered! Friepa needs the choices of the Eagles! Without them we can not start, and with them the Head and Leader of secound choices Color we can get our starting positions ad the save.

Do we need any action?

Top Bottom