Team name

What are wee to be called?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My team name suggestion for the poll ... Team Meme ... it is an idea (malevolent, benevolent or neutral) that spreads like a virus.

Interesting, Fe! And thanks for trying to reign this in.

But I disagree with you on one point: That there is a priority or importance to the ordering of items in G_A's checklist. We are already Team Epsilon pro tem, and everyone knows who that is when we post in the UN.

But getting back On Topic, and to expand on your own suggestion:

Memesis - triggers a connection with Nemesis, but actually refers to the spread of a meme. However, what exactly is it that we are spreading? What is the content and substance of our meme?

What we are meming (if that's a word) ... is whatever we want to ... we have the ability to spread concepts and ideas ... it also ties in with the spread of religion.

It could also mean our team's sense of frivolity
> as in MIA ... coining the concept of Meleet :worship: as the creator, then used as official date system ... others expanded this by naming the world Meleet.
> MIA prints an international newspaper ... now Nutters too have one and there are whispers of KISS doing it as well.

Anyway it is something that can be interpreted a number of ways ... depending on how we play and possibly promote ourselves ...

It can fit any civilization and playing style ... a good thing in a team name.

Regarding Priority ... Surely a week is sufficient to get a selection of names and a poll happening ???

How about we just go with Team Epsilon?

It's kind of a cool sounding name, and it would fit any Civ we choose.

I even found this cool logo we could use:
(I shamelessly stole it from some honors society somewhere)

I like it, actually. Anybody know any background on the word Epsilon? (Other than the fact that it's a greek letter)

gbno1fan said:
I like it, actually. Anybody know any background on the word Epsilon? (Other than the fact that it's a greek letter)
Ina quick search on wikipedia all I found was this of any (sort of) real importance. On google all I could see was for college societies, and 1 or 2 companies. In math I did note that it usually meant the end, finiality, or something of that sort though ("The end of your empire has come, finality has declared it!" or something like that I guess...) might work as a taunt.:mischief:

Hey - that Wiki article is something!

I could get behind this. But we'd have to call ourselves Epsilon Team, to project the proper association. Wiki article

Other ideas in the same vein:
Illuminati
Skull and Bones
TLC [tri-lateral commission]
Project for a New American Century [only compatible with us as America]

Yeah... "Epsilon Team" or the "Illuminati"... I love it!

Always wanted to be part of a secret society that ruled the world.
(er... I don't have to sell my soul to be on this team do I?!?)

Other possible Logos:

*this would make us building the Pyramids a MUST! ;)

Secret Society to Rule the World :bounce: ... What Fun :mischief: ... Maybe I'll keep my Avatar after all :lol:

I removed the cental 'G' for a NES many moons ago ... I post it for flavour only ... I really like the three hands ... 3 is a mystic number and also the triangles of hands is very Escher :goodjob:

Epsilon will fit with other civilizations ... and the rivals will think us probably lazy ... advantage one :thumbsup:

I'm with you, DaveMcW. I think that GB is also in favor of waiting.

But there are some hotheads here who can't wait to get us branded ;)

That's why the contenders have been of a generic type that could work with any civ.

But currently I'm leaning strongly in favor of the Indians. Their fast worker UU would dovetail nicely with a FreeMason theme. Industrious little masons, scurrying all over the land....

peter grimes said:
I'm with you, DaveMcW. I think that GB is also in favor of waiting.

But there are some hotheads here who can't wait to get us branded ;)

That's why the contenders have been of a generic type that could work with any civ.

But currently I'm leaning strongly in favor of the Indians. Their fast worker UU would dovetail nicely with a FreeMason theme. Industrious little masons, scurrying all over the land....
The Naming of MIA was so much easier, as I suggested a name and we took that as our team. If only it were the case now. ;)

I do prefer waiting until we choose the civ. However, if I had to decide now, I would choose Epsilon. It is starting to stick in my mind.

I'm under the impression .. and perhaps C_H can correct this ... but judging from their To Do List, the moderators seem to be wanting a team name before a civ is chosen.

I'd be really surprised if the Admins required a Team Name as a prerequisite for making progress on the other items on the to-do list.

One thing in favor of the name Epsilon Team is that, if I were proved to be wrong, we could choose it rather quickly. Of course, our team name should ALWAYS be italicized... maybe even with an exclamation point! j/k :)

Administrators indicated that we could name after being assigned a civ ... but once we have been assigned, they want swift branding.

Golden Mean ... mathematical and especially architectural meaning the perfect form - purity, simplicity, beauty, strength, the Divine ratio.

Just another thought ... but I guess we will wait :rolleyes: :lol:

with all due respect C_H

In the previous post I proposed another :confused: ... the laughing smilie was in relation to the majority wish to wait for the civ to be assigned.

Top Bottom