Team Organisation

Calis

on time
I want to point out one thing:

I participated in three MTDGames now. And EVERY time at the beginning, team members take great efforts in creating constitutions, positions, team structures and so on. And EVERY time after not too much time had passed, all this was overthrown due to a lack of participation.

So I want to propose that we do not organize too much.

We just want to have a team captain, who carries the teams voice into the UN, a turn player, who takes care of playing and documenting the turns (a replacement shoud also be available) and someone who takes care of diplomacy and is our voice towards the other teams.

All discussion should be led by everybody in the according threads.

So in my opinion (and experience), we should not waste our time with too much organisation. But that's just my $0.02...

We've only had 6 of the eleven registered citizens request access to the private forum, although it's only been up for 1 day. One of the people that hasn't gotten in is Eclipse, who told me via PM that he would like to try the Foreign Affairs Advisor position. Hopefully, we'll see more people show up over the weekend.

So I want to propose that we do not organize too much.

We just want to have a team captain, who carries the teams voice into the UN, a turn player, who takes care of playing and documenting the turns (a replacement shoud also be available) and someone who takes care of diplomacy and is our voice towards the other teams.

All discussion should be led by everybody in the according threads.
This will be my third MTDG to be a part of from the get-go (MTDG II and Civ 4 BtS MTDG are the other two) and I agree. Let's not go crazy and over legalize something that will have to be scrapped later. I don't think we have enough people to really need a lot of formal structure.

And I don't think we need a Military Advisor, Economic Advisor or Cultural Advisor. They really don't seem to work in this type of game; they become do-nothing positions.

Well, I am Team Captain, but we haven't really set up much of a job description for this position, other than Group Leader.

We'll need a Designated Player. We'll need someone to officially communicate with the Referees and the other team. And after a while, we'll need someone to write the Eagle story for all to read. CommandoBob, I'd like to suggest that you use your great story writing abilities to portray the Eagles team in the wonderous light I'm sure they will create for themselves. Calis, would you like to be our Designated player with me as your back-up, or were you thinking something different?

Let's get down to the nitty-gritty and hear what everyone has to say.

Ok, then I'll put my name on the reserve Designated Player list. As DP, you can ask who you want to replace you if you don't have the time or access to the game.

I sincerely hope that these guys over at CiFo do not insist on their ideas of a turn log. That is simply ridiculous!

What are they expecting? And why should they care? I think we can figure out what we want in our turn log. And, much more importanly, what we don't want in that blasted piece of Notepad.

I am currently in a discussion with some of their guys. Actually it looks like that (mainly justanick and d7.....) want every just so little detail documented, like every move of every single worker, the tile occupation of EVERY citizen of every town and such. And this just for the case that turn has to be repeated in case that something went wrong. Like intentially or unintentional violation of the rules. Or a save file gets lost.

No wonder they are so big on presaves; it would give the next team a chance to identify their jots and tittles early and get the turn log prepped for the real action.

But, I think they are overreaching themselves to handle an event that may never happen. Though, it may have happened in their past, having to replay a turn for some reason. I don't know of it happening here.

Now, I like detailed turn logs. But even copying the previous turn log and updating it can be a very tedious task. Being able to recreate your unit moves is nice thing, but citizen allocation is a bit much. If that was an issue in Turn 104, just go back to the save from Turn 103 and recreate.

Tracking worker moves...uh...I've done it, even to the point of

WorkerA, chopping, turn 2 of 4.

but if there are many workers (and there probably will be) this becomes very unfun and sloppy.

How to do they plan to enforce their turn log requirements?

Yeah, it's a load of phooey. Glad your the turn player, Calis. ;)

It's funny how they want detailed turn logs to prove every little thing, but they are willing to push SGLs at full strength or with butchered restrictions, that DON'T need any proof what-so-ever. Plenty of rigid, uniformity in minutiae, but no logic in the big picture.

Just so everyone knows, there has been a discussion between Chamnix, Lanzelot, I. Larkin and myself about the way CivForum (CIFO) studies and utilizes the F11 screen. Apparently, over the years they've become quiet good at guessing what the other teams are doing by using the F11 information. Lanzelot wanted me to pass this information onto the Eagle team. I've provided links below that direct you to some CIFO discussions. Good luck interpreting and understanding.

I don't see much advantage to their system. It's just luck in my opinion, but I could b wrong. I use the information from the F11 screen myself, but I'm not as good as Lanzelot thinks these guys are.

The main reason CIFO wants presaves is to give them more time to study such things as the F11 screen each turn. No presaves, less study time. That's why they had the big push for presaves.

Let me know what you think ~

http://www.civforum.de/showthread.php?t=60104&page=2

http://www.civforum.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10994

Is anyone fluent in German? That seems like it'd be a great plus for whoever's in charge of diplomacy.

edit- just noticed the last post. I'm better at it in Civ 4 but I can definitely do some C&D stuff with the Civ 3 demo screen as well. Also, perhaps more importantly, I can take precautions to prevent those guys from doing the same to us :D

I don't have my Civ 3 disk and won't until thanksgiving, so if the game starts before then it'd be nice if people post the demographics screen for me. Of course, at the current pace I really doubt the game will start by then.

Just so everyone knows, there has been a discussion between Chamnix, Lanzelot, I. Larkin and myself about the way CivForum (CIFO) studies and utilizes the F11 screen. Apparently, over the years they've become quiet good at guessing what the other teams are doing by using the F11 information. Lanzelot wanted me to pass this information onto the Eagle team. I've provided links below that direct you to some CIFO discussions. Good luck interpreting and understanding.

I don't see much advantage to their system. It's just luck in my opinion, but I could b wrong. I use the information from the F11 screen myself, but I'm not as good as Lanzelot thinks these guys are.

The main reason CIFO wants presaves is to give them more time to study such things as the F11 screen each turn. No presaves, less study time. That's why they had the big push for presaves.

Let me know what you think ~

http://www.civforum.de/showthread.php?t=60104&page=2

http://www.civforum.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10994
Just so everyone is on the same page, here's a time-waster game that CIFO players are playing until the DG starts. http://www.civforum.de/showthread.php?t=71032 The game is between d7 and Loki, I believe. Anyway, 2/3 down the first page, d7 sends one of his F11 analysis reports to Loki, telling him what he has.

Just something for you to look at. This may be important. Of course the game has just started, so it's not too difficult to summarize the core of the Capital. Plus d7 has access to Loki's thread, so use you best judgement.

Just so everyone is on the same page, here's a time-waster game that CIFO players are playing until the DG starts. http://www.civforum.de/showthread.php?t=71032 The game is between d7 and Loki, I believe. Anyway, 2/3 down the first page, d7 sends one of his F11 analysis reports to Loki, telling him what he has.

Just something for you to look at. This may be important. Of course the game has just started, so it's not too difficult to summarize the core of the Capital. Plus d7 has access to Loki's thread, so use you best judgement.

It's between d7 and Gurkensalat...

We have to watch out for d7's team (Goldene Anarchie). Although he has some severe lack concerning his personality, he seems to be an outstanding player with exceptional abilities concerning these analysis of the F11 screen and micromanagement.

Top Bottom