1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Team Piffle

Discussion in 'Team Aloha' started by BCLG100, Aug 3, 2006.

1. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

As with the innovia thread, Intelligence gathering is the name of the game!

Team list-
    Whomp---playing turns now
    Daghdha
    gmaharriet
    Pentium
    grahamiam
    Tubby RowerUN rep
    Furiey
    Bede
    Smart
    Kickbooti
    pindicator
    Own
    IroquoisPlisken
    Oldbushas been playing the save for the first 47 turns
    bradleyfeanor
    Conroe
    SweetacshonAlso plays the turns with Oldbus
    Butterball
    Melhisedek
    Ansar_the_King

They are Elizabeth of England which means they are philosophical and Financial.
    that means they get
    Great People birth rate increased 100 percent.
    Double production speed of University.
    And
    +1 commerce on plots with 2 commerce.

Their starting techs are Fishing and Mining and their Uu is the Redcoat (lethal)
    So i want all info-anything we can get on any of these. i'll start writing some stuff up once i finish creating the threads :)

2. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

Hokay this could take awhile now couldnt it

Whomp- CivIVor game-killed Jericho hill
    18 player game- probably the most powerful person in the game due to his contacts.
    mine and rob's PBEM with him-naturally he'll be getting owned in that soon enough :D
    CDZ pitboss game-he's not dead yet, which for some of us involved in that is a VERY big thing :D

OK so here's my thoughts on Bernie, he might not be the most amazing civ4 player but he is extremely good at the diplomasicing behind the game (which in games like this could be more crucial than the real game), he is a lover of the financial trait and the whole idiot thing is totally an act they can fall back on.

Tubby Rower- Civ has taken a back seat recently-obvious due to the whole Baby thing but he's starting to get back into it now, he's not dead in the 18 player game which considering his start means that he like whomp might not be as brilliant at the game but are very good at the diplomacy outside of it.

Furiey-Can't actually play the game because of the bug in her computer or something.

Grahamiam-he is very good at civ3 however am yet to see him finish a civ4 PBEM but the SG's he has played he has one.

Bede-member of the X-team SGOTM team and a pretty good player.

Oldbus-very solid and reliable-good at the mechanics of the game but not so sure about diplomacising

Sweetschon- VERY good at the numbers as can be seen by a couple of his ISDG comments.

Ansar- he nearly spams as much as me but im not sure about his playing ability :D

ok ive got contact with, whomp/tubs/gmaharriet/grahamiam/oldbus.

3. Robi D

Robi D Minister of (Dis)Order

Hey i'm the most powerful in the pitboss game not whomp....hmmm..:mischief:.. on second though Whomp's number 1.

I agree with BC, in these MP games, the diplomacy game outside the game is just as important if not more so and that is one area where Whomp excels although he is not alone in the team. A lot of Piffle are from KISS in the civ3 MTDG and i have had done a lot of wheeling and dealing with them as Doughnuts FM. They have a very savvy team in the diplomatic area so do except to take them for a ride. They are also very honorable with there dealings and would make a good trading partner in the future if the circumstances allow. The whole idiot thing is a front and they are very happy to exploit any weakness they see

4. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

One of their weaknesses i find however is that they pick up every piece of information (on one hand this could be good) but if need be we could feed them wrong information and it would get noticed.

5. robboo

robboo Chieftain

Yep..feeding wrong info is going to be crucial before we attack them. Whomp is old..but he doesnt forget. Any coincidence that Whomp is playign England in the pitboss game too.

This team by far has the most active members.

6. Robi D

I think that comes from the fact that they are all very like minded, which helps with team unity but it means they can all head off down the wrong track too with noone to put the brakes on. Although that doesn't happen often

7. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

As rob said elsewhere both Whomp and Tubs are in love with the GL which will be an added benefeit if coastal and with their financial trait.

They will also not be rushed, as is highlighted by tub's very slow attack in the big game :)

8. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

I would just like to say that this 18 player game is doing wonders for stressing the internal relations of piffle hopefully, whomp and tubs seem to be falling out slightly :)

9. robboo

robboo Chieftain

They may be saying the same thing about us BC. I know it seems like you and I have issues in pitboss BUT...we dont really.( at least I dont think you and I do...)

Care to share details of the falling out with someone who hasnt talked to either of them in the last 4 or 5 days. Is it more than the Dave trade?

10. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

More hope than anything else :)

11. robboo

robboo Chieftain

So are you saying we have a problem..dont make me come over there and kill you troops. I knew you held on to things to much....man what a fool I was to think we were OK....:p

(anyone fell for it):crazyeye:

I know Robi thought we had issues.:)

12. Robi D

huh- what are you talking about?

13. Robi D

Just an update, Whomp is playing the turns now

14. BCLG100

BCLG100 Music Master

edited, ill update player lists when we have a bigger influx of players again :)

15. robboo

robboo Chieftain

I am playing Sweet in a PBEM...I am slowly going to probe for info from him after getting to know him a bit.

16. Robi D

Oh great prophet BCLG you have seen into the future. Piffle have indeed built the GL:D

17. robboo

robboo Chieftain

that should be great prophet Robboo if you read what BC said.

We still neeed to push hard for collosous.

18. Robi D

ok ok, you can be a great prophet too:)

We are still pressing for the colossus, i don't want anyone sneaking in, which i suppose could still happen.

But we are definately favorites for it right now.

19. robboo

robboo Chieftain

The thing that Tubby and Piffle failed to realize is that it will not help them early since we are so far apart. It wont be till we get all connected that it will help them adn by then they coudl be at war.

Also you can tell who has the ear of the team or who may be calling the shots...Tubby and whomp. We CAN use this. As soon as the 18 player game is done we can spill how they played adn really analyse how they played in that game.

20. Robi D

This came up during a chat with Whomp. Here's what he had to say about Piffle for your analysis:)