slaze - Kublai Khan of Carthage
Bowsling - Suleiman of Germany
dick76 - Napoleon of the Celts

Eliminated:
Sub - Joao of Egypt
socralynnek - Shaka of Holy Rome
RegentMan - Brennus of the Netherlands
Arkipeller - Augustus of Portugal

Count me in. Most maps are good by me as long as we don't play an archipelago map or some island map with lots of water. :)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

In, random unrestricted leaders are fine. Don't know if this will make me look uninformed, but I'd suggest the smartmap script, with less or no jungle and plentiful resources. It's more fun for me if nobody is stuck in a horrible start or seriously capped by a lack of :health: or :).

In, random unrestricted leaders are fine. Don't know if this will make me look uninformed, but I'd suggest the smartmap script, with less or no jungle and plentiful resources. It's more fun for me if nobody is stuck in a horrible start or seriously capped by a lack of :health: or :).

Sounds like a good idea to me at least. I'll look up the script and if noone objects we can use that. I'd also prefer it if we can use a script that does not place someone out in wasteland or all jungle.

Eh I don't mind those random wasteland starts, but I am not opposed to the script. I don't know about picking "balanced," though. Knowing I'll have horses and metal nearby takes some of the suspense away... ;)

Count me in...although I will surely miss one turn or the other.
In the end it depends on the settings used (i.e. turn timer)

Add Arkipeller to the list too :)

Now this thread hasn't even been open for two days, and I'd like to get more time for more players, but how do we feel about the map size?

A large map normally has nine players, and at this point we have ten. I'm not a fan of huge maps (simply too big :p ). Would people be open to a large map, but with a low sealine? Obviously if we get a couple more it becomes a moot point, but I'm just curious. :)

Lowering the sea level would be fine to make a large map work. We might also consider choosing a map type that's oversized for a standard number of players like Tectonics - Mediteranean, or one of the all land maps like highlands or arboreal. Avoiding a huge map is probably the way to go, I doubt we'll have enough players to justify a map that size.

Alright, it looks like sign-ups are dying down (not closing- please post if you still want in!) so what kind of map do we want? I hope large with a low shoreline is okay.

As far as script goes, what do y'all want? I like pangaea, continents, fractal, donut, and inland sea, personally.

I suggest going with the settings from the ISDG2 itself toroidal, emperor, etc to help us get the feeling along with the fun.

I detest huge maps myself, so large with low sealevel sounds good. 2metraninja's suggestion is also a good one. I have never actually played on a toroidal map, so might be interesting (and probably punishing). I am not so sure about toroidal+emperor+barbs though if this is supposed to be a casual game... :p

Top Bottom