Welcome! Here you can learn more about how Team Sirius will roughly be structured, and decide whether it sounds like the right team for you.
- Our empire will be run as a whole according to the decisions and votes of the people. Every member is welcome - and indeed encouraged - to have their say on what they think would be the best course of action in any place at any given time. All ideas will be listened to with respect and without derision, so no-one should feel afraid of speaking up, regardless of how experienced or not they feel they are. If there is not a clear consensus through discussion about what to do on any given turn, we will put the item to vote, in which case majority (or plurality, as the case may be) wins.
- There are no rules about who has to be a turnplayer and when. Anybody is welcome to step into the shoes of playing the turn, provided that they play the turn according to how the members of the team decide in our private forum. I (Lord Parkin) will almost always be available as a default turn player, so there will be no real pressure on anyone else to step up to the job if they don't wish to.
- Each time a turn is played, the turnplayer is expected to post at least a brief summary of the actions they took in a turn tracker thread, as well as posting a relevant screenshot or two. This allows the team to easily see what happened on the given turn, and begin discussions about what to do for the next turn.
- In the early game, the team members will likely discuss an overarching strategy that will plan out several moves at a time, so that we can play our moves quickly and move forward with the game. However, anyone is welcome at any time to propose any changes to the plan, and if the majority (or plurality) of the team agrees, we'll switch our path accordingly. Nothing is set in stone, and everyone is welcome to support or constructively criticise any changes they wish. Besides, even with a gameplan stretching a few turns ahead, there are always unforseen circumstances that pop up and require fresh discussion, so there will never be a stagnation of banter.
- As we move into the later game and have more things to do, we will likely take each turn as it comes and discuss our moves accordingly. We will still have a general strategy in mind, but we will be much more fluid and adaptable on a turn by turn basis, especially if circumstances of war arise (which are more than likely). This will allow for plenty of discussion even in the later stages of the game.
- As the game advances, we will come into contact with new teams. Anyone is welcome to volunteer to be a diplomat and draft messages to send to these teams. All messages should be posted in the private forum at least 24 hours before being sent, so that any feedback can be recieved and tweaks made if necessary. After the team has agreed to send a particular message, the message will be sent by the diplomat (with his or her signature if they desire) to the team in question.
- We are first and foremost here to enjoy the game, so whether your enjoyment comes from analysing game mechanics, casually discussing the game, lurking and watching things progress, or role playing, you are welcome on Team Sirius.
- Early on, we will very likely start up a small private pitboss game amongst interested members of our team. This will allow those who are unfamiliar with multiplayer to gain some experience with it in a fun and friendly realm.
- Everyone is welcome to join Team Sirius, no matter how much or how little time they want to commit to the game. The casual lurker is just as welcome as the very frequent poster. You get to decide how much you want to participate on the team; no one will be forcing you to post more frequently, or telling you off for posting too much. Team Sirius will accommodate you with open arms, regardless.
All who are interested are welcome to sign up.
1. Reply to this thread stating you wish to be on Team Sirius. (You must not already be on any other team in this game.)
2. Go to this page and apply to join Team Sirius.
Confirmed member list:
1. Lord Parkin
8. T. Claudius
30. french civ fan