Teams Divided!

RegentMan

Deity
The sites have been divided into their two games (and playing order)! We're in group B:

Group A:
PAL
MZO
CDZ
CGN
CFR
CRC
ACS

Group B:
BAT
EVG
CBR
CFC
GWT
COG
GCA

I figure we can also use this thread as a team speculation thread. Here's our cast list:

BAT
EVG
CBR
GWT
COG
GCA

BAT
BAT is a French Civ site. In round one of the [c3c] ISDG, they were chosen over GWT by the big dogs in the game to take to round two. GWT complained that BAT was a bad ally. If we meet them early on, an alliance seems possible.

EVG
EVG is the site where the UN is hosted at. They have a small team, including Strider, a common CFCer. I imagine them being completely honorable allies should we form an alliance with them.

CBR
CBR is the treacherous Brazilian team. Guilty of having a president spy on CFC's team, I'm hoping that we take some ~ names and dish out some :hammer: . For me, this is personal. CFC will triumph over these slimeballs, or we will die trying.

GWT
GWT is a German Civ site. They are the winners of the Multi-Site Demogame (MSDG - The PTW ISDG), and are quite excellent players, at least with Civ III. They also keep their word. Another excellent candidate for an ally.

COG
COG is the "Civilized Online Gaming Community." I had no idea this site even existed. Anyone else have any information/hunches about this site? Their UN representative is Zone, if that name sounds familiar at all. Link to their site; ring any bells?

GCA
The Brazilians of the MSDG. No, they're not Brazilian, but they are a thorn in CFC's side. They invaded us early on in the MSDG, but we kicked them off our continent. In round one of the [c3c] ISDG, they attacked CDZ early on, but CDZ recruited CGN, knocking GCA out very early. This is game three for them, and they want revenge. They'd love to humiliate either ACS, CDZ, CFC, or CGN, and ACS, CDZ, and CGN aren't in their game. If we start near them, their aggressive, gambling nature guarantees an attack, which means we'll need a military.

The last three teams move on to the finals, which means we need two good allies. At this time, an alliance with GWT and either EVG or BAT seems like the best option. If we befriend GWT, they will not turn on us. EVG and BAT seem reliable, although I'd prefer EVG.

Other analysis?

lurker's comment: Please be aware that several of the Civ4 ISDG admins (DaveShack, Rik Meleet, Andy Smaga) might be competing in the Civ3 ISDG finals. All of them (should) have access to this forum. It is not wise to talk Civ3 ISDG in the Civ4 ISDG forum. ;)

See this message as a reminder - not an innuendo.

Rik Meleet said:
lurker's comment: Please be aware that several of the Civ4 ISDG admins (DaveShack, Rik Meleet, Andy Smaga) might be competing in the Civ3 ISDG finals. All of them (should) have access to this forum. It is not wise to talk Civ3 ISDG in the Civ4 ISDG forum. ;)
That is why I've limited my comments to round one. :)

classical_hero said:
Great, we got paired with CBR. We must eliminate them ASAP.
Woooot!

RegentMan said:
That is why I've limited my comments to round one. :)

Woooot!
;
i agree ELEMINATE THOSE CHEATING BRILZILLEIN B*******

I don't care for CBR, but GCA are a bunch of backstabbers who don't keep promises. But cool, a chance for the Fanatican Empire to attack the enimies of two ISDGs: Brazil and Gamecatcher.

croxis said:
Lets see what the starting map is like, but I have no problems with long term plans >:)
I completely agree. I was just posting some overviews and possible goals for the game.

It's getting closer to :hammer: time!

While we should be wary of what other teams were like we shouldnt be entering into this new game with the idea to destroy one team in particular.

Karl Townsend said:
;
i agree ELEMINATE THOSE CHEATING BRILZILLEIN ...

You weren't even part of the Civ3 ISDG against CBR, so I don't see how you have strong feelings about them...

I must say though, I think we've gotten the better grouping (no ACS, CDZ, CGN, PAL)!

Ginger_Ale said:
You weren't even part of the Civ3 ISDG against CBR, so I don't see how you have strong feelings about them...

I must say though, I think we've gotten the better grouping (no ACS, CDZ, CGN, PAL)!

im still on the poly team some how, not sure how i got their but i agree that we got the better end of the deal.

BCLG100 said:
im still on the poly team some how, not sure how i got their but i agree that we got the better end of the deal.

You're referring to the C3C game, right? If you're referring to this game, then double membership is a big nono. :eek:

BCLG100 said:
I don't see "BCLG" (or variants) in APO's playerlist.

If you are; please make your decision what team you want to play for and request removal of access to the other team's hidden forum.

Sorry the C3C game :)

Should of made that obvious, i thought quoting the thing about the C3C game would be enough :)

Just a comment on EVG: i don't know about all of tem, but Strider angers easily, so if we ally with them, we should be wary. I'm not trying to demean Strider, or say we shouldn't ally with them. i'm just commenting on the mak-up here. *brace self*

This is where I think we begin to enter hot water: speaking about other CFC users in a private forum. In this game, we'll need to speak about others. Speaking about the other teams (maturely) is fine. Speaking about other members' Civ skills/contributions to their team (maturely) is fine. I wonder how far we can go. Rik, will you guide us with what is acceptable and not acceptable?

Lovely, were pitted against the Gamecatchers. I just hope they dont pull any more dirty tricks.

RegentMan said:
This is where I think we begin to enter hot water: speaking about other CFC users in a private forum. In this game, we'll need to speak about others. Speaking about the other teams (maturely) is fine. Speaking about other members' Civ skills/contributions to their team (maturely) is fine. I wonder how far we can go. Rik, will you guide us with what is acceptable and not acceptable?
Moderator Action: This is posted as Moderator Rik, not as Co-Admin Rik

Members of other teams (MooT) are by definition non-CFC (even if they have an account on CFC). Furthermore, it is unlikely this forum will become public; even after the game. Talk all you want about MooT, as long as you stick to the standard forum rules. No swearing, no harassing. Burn them to the ground, if you wish, but do it within the forum rules.

For those in the MTDG: In the ISDG you can go further in analysing and critisising MooT than I allow in the MTDG. And don't forget Co-Admin Andy-Smaga has his roots as a MooT in the Civ 3 ISDG and he has access to this forum so let's show him hospitality and politeness.

Top Bottom