Teams you love to hate...

Bose

Antipodean
Sometimes it is just as important to have a team(s) to cheer against as it is to have a team to love. Rivalries are great and sometimes you just hate a team for no particular reason, but hey, that is what it is all about.

The teams that I really do not care for:

AFL - Bloody Carlton... full of toffee prettyboys.

NRL - Brisbane Broncos, they win everything.

Premier League - Man U, jealousy.

NBA - LA Lakers, buying championships.

Murray Football League - Finley, they're the town closest to Deniliquin.

Which teams do you love to hate (and a small description as to why...)?

The Australian cricket team - envy.
Any other Australian team at any sport - arch rivals

Yorkshire cricket club - racist

Leeds United football club - how long have you got? - introduced taking the ball into the corner to time waste

Harlequins Rugby Club - pretty southern nancies

France national football team - hubris

Tiger Woods - passionless predictability

NFL- hhhmm, Steelers, i just never liked them

NBA- Trail Blazers, what in the world is with these guys?

I only discovered the brilliant thing of anti-supporting sports team last year or so.

Since being a FC Twente supporter doesn't seem to be satisfying, I decided to 'hate' AZ '67!

It is great fun!

Good thread.

Football (club teams): - Arsenal
NFL :- 49ers
Other US sports: - anything associated with Disney or Ted Turner

Every sport other than cricket:- England

Arsenal beacuse they were so dirty for so many years. Even now that they play attractive, attcaking football with only a modicum of thuggery, I can't bring myself to forgive them.

49ers due to being extremely disappointed when the Marino/Duper/Clayton Dolphins got blown out in the 84/85 Super Bowl (XIX ?)

And England. Well, (a), I am Scottish. And (b), the arrogance of the English sports commentators is quite appalling (honourable exception for Jonathan Pierce) and has me, like millions of fellow Celts, supporting "not England" (i.e. whoever England are playing against) as their first favourite, and their own national team as a second favourite. Cricket commentators are, of course, quite different, particularly those on Test Match Special and the Channel 4 coverage - they're even handed, generous and genuinely passionate about the sport itself. It makes watching and supporting England (well, perhaps not quite supporting...) a pleasure.

LA Lakers - Kobe Bryant plays there...
German national football team - They always score in the last minute
But above all:

Ajax - My favourite teams' (Feyenoord) arch rivals... :mad:

I don't like:

Football (soccer): Man Utd, too much success for one team. + Ferguson is so arrogant. :mad:

Golf: Tiger Woods

Maybe there are others but I have to think...:hmm:

Football: Vålerenga - club from Norway, which my dad supports
Real Madrid - bought themselves to glory
Rosenborg - they keep buying my favourite club's best players, and they keep winning.

Don't think there are any others...

New York Rangers.

Every year they buy a great team and every year they suck.

Kinda like the Lakers but they don't win like the Laker's do.

Any team that Man United happens to be competing against during the season. I.e the lastest rivals for the title.

Juventus - They buy referees
Milan - Berlusconi's team
Pisa - for many reasons. But the most important is that I'm from Livorno and I can't but hate them.
Ascoli, Como, Verona, Siena, Triestina - rival teams of Livorno. I don't hate their teams but their (fascist) supporters

Originally posted by Rhye

:lol: just like Inter!

very funny......:D

1.Juventus....same reason as rhye
2.Milan..it´s obviuos why
3.Lakers
4.Real Madrid
5.Brasil

The Atlanta Braves. Why bother winning the division if your not going to win the championship? There on pace for another division title. Let someone else win it for a change.

Grew up absolutely hating the Montreal Candians.Back in the Lemaire,Savard,Mahovolich days.
We lived downstairs at my Grandmother's and she was big Habs fan.We loved Boston because of Orr and Sanderson.When the Canadians scored,she would thump on the floor and when the Bruins scored we would thump back on the ceiling with a broom.
Just despised that guy that used to travel with them and get the "Go Habs Go" chant going.He had over half the building going one game in Vancouver against the Canucks.You couldn't tell who was the home team :eek:

Now I have to like them cuz Canada is running out of NHL teams :(

There is one team that I really hate: Barcelona. In the past few years they played often against teams that I like: Wisla Krakow, Legia Warsaw and Liverpool FC (twice). In three of these four confrontations Barcelona were winners, so I started to hate them.
I also don't like some ot their players like Bonano, Kluivert or Saviola, but the one whom I hated most was Rivaldo when he played there.

I forgot to mention: England in absolutely everything! If they win the Rugby World Cup i think i might end it all...

Leeds United in the English Premier League - even though I'm grateful to them for defeating Arsenal and letting Manchester United win the championship one week before the end of the season.

Top Bottom