1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[Teaser] Hippus

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by seZereth, Jun 20, 2006.

1. seZereth

seZereth FfH´s art monk(ey)

Ok, hi, wanted to give u a sneak peak into the army of Hippus, which will come with the mercenaries mod into a next version of FfH II.

The Evil Warrior on the right, fighting the Windknight, was quickly created (like the greaver with malakim) for the screenshots to have the Hippus fight something (furthermore he resembles the awesome graphicaleffect of "gloss" :p (see him in game) ) but i think he will find his place into FfH II too ;) Feel free to comment about him.

Hippus is relaesed, go here

2. Hian the Frog

Hian the Frog TR Designer and XML

Hi seZereth,

One comment: very very beautiful. Windknight are awesome. They seems like angel mounted on horses...

Did you take time to look at the heraldry of old european armies ? such as thoses of France, Germany, Poland and England ? They heavily used Cavalry in the past. You should probably find something good. I will look at the French one.

Tell me. Bayreuth ? It was the city of ...Wagner? i don't remember...

The Frog.

3. woodelf

woodelf Bard Retired Moderator

Breathtaking stuff seZ. I can't wait to play these guys now or face them on the battlefield.

4. Mailo

Mailo Chieftain

Great stuff!

Concerning the pic, how about a skeletal horse? In some representations, the four riders of the Apocalypse ride them as far as I know, should make them fearsome enough ;)

A google-image-search for "skeletal horse" gave this one as the first result: Link

Probably way too detailed for you, but might give you an idea.

5. Silverkiss

Silverkiss NekoChan

Wow, great job seZereth. They truly look like mercenaries now !

6. Maian

Maian Warlord

Wow looks awesome! Definitely playing Hippus whenever these come out :)

7. Xyshi

Xyshi Chieftain

Wow those are both really beautiful units. As for fearsome horse symbols i would look up the mongols or huns in google image search if you havent already.

8. AndrewDJ

AndrewDJ Warlord

The Wind Knights remind me of the Polish Hussars, late 18tth-early 19th century, who strapped stylized eagle wings to their backs, designed so that the wind passing through the wings would make a loud whistling noise. Very Cool. :)

9. Xereq

Xereq Chieftain

Beautiful units Sez. The nameless guy looks vaguely insectiod. Perhaps a nature based unit, Insectiod warrior. It also looks vaguely elven, perhaps he is an elite elven commando of some sort, or an elven assassin.

10. Kael

Kael Deity

I checked him into 0.13 as Barnaxus, the Luchuirp golem hero.

11. woodelf

woodelf Bard Retired Moderator

These are my favorite units and my favorite civ right now seZ. Super job.

12. Xereq

Xereq Chieftain

Nice call Kael, but the colors seem a tad bit off for a golem. Perhaps a readjustment toward a more bronze or copper color is in order. That is, if it would be convienient, Sez.