1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Tech bug

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rhye's and Fall of Civilization' started by fallfree108, Sep 3, 2011.

1. fallfree108

fallfree108 Chieftain

I was just playing as Persia, and I’m last on the leader board. It's the 1950's and I was going for democracy and suddenly it says I have one turn to research it, and then all the tech's I can research are one turn each. Also I lowered my Tech funding to 0 % and still I can research any tech in one turn. :confused::confused:

2. fallfree108

fallfree108 Chieftain

Ok, Here's a save, I have the most up to date update there is.

Attached Files:

3. Wessel V1

Wessel V1 Chieftain

It's not really a bug but rather a feature. Tech costs decrease when more civs discover the same technology. In the endgame, this decrease is so large that any pre-industrial tech costs 1 beaker; industrial techs are pretty cheap too. Nowadays the internet provides almost any tech discovered in human history for free so it's not even that far from reality.

4. fallfree108

fallfree108 Chieftain

Oh, haha. Ok, thanks, thought it was a bug.:)