Tech Icon Makers Challenge, April 2006

William GBTW

73h 1337 H4x0rz
Welcome to the first monthly Tech Icon Makers Challenge!

So here are the rules:

1. Everyone may enter a tech icon, as long as:
The submitter is the creator of the Tech Icon
The Tech Icon is the first working version and is therefore new, not posted before either on this website, nor on any other.
The new Tech Icon must be available for download for the civ community.
Cut ‘n pasters can also join.
Upon submission a preview of the tech Icon needs to be provided!
2. There is no theme in this competition. Any tech icon can participate!

3. The tech icon maker can choose any tech icon he wants. For inspiration and ideas the first page of the call thread of that month may contain some request by other members.

4. A link to the tech icon together with a preview needs to be posted in this thread APRIL 30 2006. After that a jury thread will be launched in which the winner will be decided by a 1 week poll.

5. This is supposed to be a friendly competition between gentlemen (m/f ). Please stay friendly to each other at all times...

Let the requesting begin...

Ah, you found a hole in my competitions... :) Good luck with it... ;)

Why not... here's my boat building icon.

Attachments

• Boatbuilding-large.JPG
    Boatbuilding-large.JPG
    4.8 KB · Views: 70
Ares de Borg just one thing; I kinda would prefer if there was a thread for this in the Graphics subform with a link here to there. But I entered it.

Nice one Darque,I like that one.

@Ares I like yours as well,very usefull...

@William: This was a good idea....

Edited>;<

This is a grand idea, It can only beef up the pool of readily avalable graphics witch in turn will make mod completion a lil bit easiyer. and so Im "pro contest"

In Civ terms = its a "building improvment" that "increases" mod production "25%" (25,being the smallest % awarded in game),

Now this got me thinking, how about a civipedia discription contest. Everyone can write nice detailed research accounts of various units, resources, wonders ,etc...:coffee: C'mon it could work. Think of it as another "building" improvment :rolleyes:

Stormgrunt, love the recon stamp sums things up like a champ

T.A JONES said:
Now this got me thinking, how about a civipedia discription contest. Everyone can write nice detailed research accounts of various units, resources, wonders ,etc...:coffee: C'mon it could work. Think of it as another "building" improvment :rolleyes:

Stormgrunt, love the recon stamp sums things up like a champ

Its a good idea T.A,I just don't know if you have enough "original" Author's out there to make it a competition. Most people just copy it out of wikipedia don't they.

BTW: Thanks for your support in the icon challenge, Don't forget to vote...;)

Top Bottom