1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

TECH ICON Makers Challenge: March,2007

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by William GBTW, Mar 11, 2007.

1. William GBTW

William GBTW 73h 1337 H4x0rz

Welcome to the March Monthly Tech Icon Makers Challenge!

This happens to be the one year anniversary of holding this challenge :D

So here are the rules:

1. Everyone may enter a tech icon, as long as:
    1A:The submitter is the creator of the Tech Icon
    1B:The Tech Icon is the first working version and is therefore new, not posted before the month of the competition either on this website, nor on any other.
    1C:The new Tech Icon must be available for download for the civ community.
    1D:Cut ‘n pasters can also join.
    1E:Upon submission of your entry a GIF,JPEG, or PNG preview of both the large and small Tech Icon must be provided! Two seperate images one 128x128 and one 32x32 please.
    1F:Only one entry per person, per month please. You may change your entry at any time during the month before the Jury thread is launched.
    2. There is no theme in this competition. Any tech icon can participate!

3. The tech icon maker can choose any tech icon he wants. For inspiration and ideas the first page of the call thread of that month may contain some request by other members.

4. A link to the tech icon together with a preview needs to be posted in this thread January 31, 2007. After that a jury thread will be launched in which the winner will be decided by a 1 week poll.
    4a. The Tech Icon file must be posted in the graphics modpack sub-forum in either a new thread or in your library.Do not post the files directly in the competition thread,use a link to your thread.If you plan on doing a lot of graphics I would strongly suggest starting your own library thread.The main reason for this is that if you only post the files in the competition thread people wont be able to find them easily later on.
    4b. The preview must be posted as an image not an attachment.This makes it easy for me to add it to the preview thread and jury thread with out having to download the file re-save it as a gif and upload it to image shack myself to make a proper preview.

5. This is supposed to be a friendly competition between gentlemen (m/f ). Please stay friendly to each other at all times...

Let the requesting begin...

ENTRIES:
    d.highland
    Radiation

The Files
    _____________________________________________________________________________________
    taube87
    Videogames/entertainment-industry

The Files

_____________________________________________________________________________________
    William GBTW
    Oil Refinement

The Files
    LizardmenRule!
    Nuclear Power

The Files
    Spacer One
    Nanabots

The Files

2. Red Door

Red Door Man of Mayhem

It's February still? ;)

3. William GBTW

4. Synobun

Synobun Deity

Don't we already have this?

5. William GBTW

Not that I saw and I looked.

EDIT: @ d.highland: Also you'd know that I started this challenge if you weren't so new ;) I'll try and do it this month. Wish me luck!

6. Keroro

Keroro Dororo: Ninja Frog

Ah, we've all got used to Storm Grunt presiding. Nice to see people coming back after absences though. :) As you asked for it - good luck.

7. Mirc

Mirc Not mIRC!!!

Storm Grunt is going to be annoyed. :D But nice to have you back, William GBTW.

8. William GBTW

9. William GBTW

10. T.A JONES

T.A JONES Deity

Were going to have to go ahead an shut this lil thread down now Ok man? Greeeaaaat ..ya thanks. oh!, good to see ya btw :)

Wait to Storm G posts the officail. I know your back an anxious to reclaim your top spot in the modding game but if hes late is cus the forums are alil slow right now. So no need to steal his show. He put alot of time and commitment ya know? also, its a great product for us here.

For you to walk in an try to wing the thing without even the key to the trophy case, is just wrong man. Smart'n up! hell, it'll up to him to tell us its a no go or its your show. Give some respect bro :)

11. Spacer One

Spacer One Avatar subject to change

To be fair here guys, William STARTED the Tech Icon Comp...Storm Grunt took it up after Williams internet got screwey, and I would like to think that he wouldnt have a problem with William starting it 11 days into the month...

12. T.A JONES

T.A JONES Deity

(deleted.)

13. Spacer One

Ive been beat for ideas, so if anyone has a request Im willing to take it (As per my abilities of course)

14. The Last Conformist

The Last Conformist Irresistibly Attractive

If anyone's got a second request, I'll have a go at it. :)

15. Keroro

SoG had a list of requests he was trying to sort out here. :)

16. The Last Conformist

The Last Conformist Irresistibly Attractive

I'd like requests to be a tad more concrete. "Immortal Ethics" fails to conjure any images before my mind's eye, I'm afraid.

17. LMR

LMR Back In Green!

Perhaps Immortal Ethics could be a Code of Conduct for Persian UUs? :D

On a serious note, I will be entering something this month, i just havent decided

18. Storm Grunt

Storm Grunt Beware My Army

:gripe: While it's true William did start this, he didn't even finish the first month due to internet problems. Spacer had to launch the jury thread that month and then I picked it up from there expecting William to take it back shortly.
    Well no one heard from him for a Looooong time yet in august he was quite active in the off topic civfanatics section running his post count from 600 something to over a 1000. He didn't pop in and say anything then. So, I nurtured and grew this thing into what it is now over the past year and to have some one yank it out from under me with out so much as a PM to say "hey I'm back and I'd like to take the comp back over and BTW what changes have you made to it?" doesen't sit well with me.:nono:

As for being 11 days late, the first week of the month is the jury thread. The submission threads have all been starting around this time and no one usualy enters anthing untill half-way through the month anyways.

So it's all yours William, good luck with it. I am moving on to the dawn of war series of games anyway. :hatsoff: PEACE OUT -Storm Grunt-

19. Spacer One

Sorry to hear that Storm Grunt, and I hope William has the ability to keep this going...

I had no knowledge that William had been on CFC the whole time...and it is pretty uncool to just pop in and try to take this comp back, but now we may have no choice...

so I say to you William, that you need to communicate with people, if it is possible to put the running of it back in Storm Grunts hands, I would do that...he has been doing a great job with it...if not, then you should be prepared to stick with it, and not just pop in and out...

Storm, thanks for doing the comp for the last 6-8 months (more?) and I hope we dont lose your input all together...

20. Keroro

Well I agree. I am again reminded that I am quite a newbie around here. I don't particularly mind who runs the contest, but it is a commitment that needs to be taken seriously.

It would also be polite to either email or PM Storm before jumping in.