Tech Race on Regant...

truckingpete

On a Stark Trek
I just got on regnet and I can;t keep up on the tech race. What I do is put my research on full for the entire Ancient Era. I am ahead in the tech race. Then I start fallin' behind. I am only 1/4 of the way for the techs in the Middle Ages. The other civs are almost to the Industrial Era!!

Can anybody help so I can still be average on the tech race while having a big military and without produing wealth??

Thanks!!

Truckingpete

Trade trade trade. I'm playing Regent now and i'm finally pulling ahead in the modern age. As soon as I get a tech i sell it for a ton of money. Sometimes I can get like 100 gold per turn and a 1000 on the side. I sell it to a few AI that are rich and they are usually right behind me in tech. But since they are paying me all this they can't jump ahead of me, and i can set my science fairly high. I'm in a war right now with like 40% luxury to keep 'em happy, my gold per turn allows me to afford it.

I will have to try that..by the way, what year are you in for the modern era?? I got to the middle ages about in 550 AD..I think that is way.....to late...

So your Keyword is : Trade

Thanks!

Trade is only one aspect -> you need to get money to trade ;)

I suggest that you make sure that you have lots of roads (to help gold income), and that you build lots of libraries & universities in your cities, to help the research effort. In the early game, if you can identify a few luxuries that you can nab before the AI, get them then trade them.

P.S. - NEVER produce wealth unless you've bascially already won the game ;)

Originally posted by ainwood
Trade is only one aspect -> you need to get money to trade ;)

I suggest that you make sure that you have lots of roads (to help gold income), and that you build lots of libraries & universities in your cities, to help the research effort. In the early game, if you can identify a few luxuries that you can nab before the AI, get them then trade them.

P.S. - NEVER produce wealth unless you've bascially already won the game ;)

precisely, on regent you should well be able to able to keep up or even ahead, even without trading (get the Great Library if possible), but by improvements and roads

If you haven't been expanding to the limits using a "settler factory" or two at the lower levels, learn to do it. More cities = more science (and everything else, for that matter).

Top Bottom